“The perfect location for Angkor - best TukTuk driver ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of MotherHome Inn

MotherHome Inn
Ranked #17 of 485 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Oberhausen, Germany
“The perfect location for Angkor - best TukTuk driver ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had two perfect nights at the Motherhome Inn in Siem Reap. The staff is extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and nice. The pool is perfect after a long day full of walking at Angkor. They offer Airport Pickup service (8 USD) and Full-day tours with your own TukTuk driver to Angkor (13 USD). We can recommend both! Ask for Mr. Keo (Michael) as your TukTuk driver. He is a great guy! You will have perfect days at Angkor with him!

3 Thank Alstadener

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

From my first contact to my final farewell, it couldn't have been better. I researched many places and chose MotherHome Inn from all that was said and from the wonderful and prompt correspondence from Kim Leang who is in charge of reservations and answering many emails. I initially booked three nights and a pickup. After arriving in Phnom Penh and contemplating my departure to Siem Reap I chose the bus which he organized with seemingly no effort. I had planned on moving on after the 3 days but due to the wonderful welcome and the genuinely superb staff at MotherHome I stayed 3 more days. The "Inn" is spotless, my room very comfortable and everything working perfectly. Breakfast abundant, pool so welcoming after a day out and about. Cocktails and supper in was delightful on the days when I was too tired after a day of sightseeing to venture out again. Thanks to some quick work by the reception staff, I managed a final massage the night before I left!

In the room the tours available were clearly marked with fair prices. The tuk tuk driver Nai Neang who met me at the bus station was in charge of getting me around for my whole stay. He was so pleasant and skilled and got me to all my desired destinations. I hired a professional guide Von Veng for two days. His English and knowledge was outstanding and he was dedicated to showing me around and giving me the best of the best after I discussed where I wanted to go. Nothing was too much trouble for either of these gentlemen. It was such a pleasure being on my own but having these two show me around the area they knew so well. One other thing about the staff in general... as a solo female traveler, I felt so very safe and the staff seemed to be very in tune with when I liked to have someone to chat with and when I needed my own space.
Location of this hotel is down a small lane away from a main road so I found it very quiet. A supermarket is just around the corner for snacks etc and the main area is a 15 minute easy walk. Tuk tuk's are always available outside the hotel. Wifi was on and off in my room but they may have had it fixed the day I was leaving. Power outages can occur anywhere but when it did, battery operated lanterns came out to light the way. (Hopefully you also bring a little flashlight for such emergencies)
I could write pages about why I highly recommend the MotherHome Inn and at least 6 days in Siem Reap but I think if you read the comments of others you need not look further for an amazing experience. My days in Siem Reap were certainly a dream come true.
Thanks again to all at MotherHome Inn for your dedication to a first time visitor to your country. I will always recommend the "Inn" to anyone traveling to Siem Reap and already two have booked!

Room Tip: Opposite side from pool as it is cooler and maybe quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank freeone2011
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

MotherHome Inn exceeded our expectations and we're so happy to have stayed there for four nights during our visit to Siem Reap. The service was superb- the staff was helpful in answering our questions and making travel arrangements (tuk tuks, bus tickets to Phnom Penh, etc). All you need to do is ask and they will provide top-notch service.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the bathrooms are spotless. Everything was CLEAN (i.e., no hotel slippers necessary!), and we felt right at home. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathrooms are utilitarian and when you shower, the toilet cover and floor gets wet. However, my towel and dry clothes on the rack never got wet. This wasn't a big deal for us at all. Clean towels and free bottles of water are provided every day. There aren't any safes in the room but we used the bedside dresser with lock and key. You can also bring your valuables to the reception and they will keep it in the hotel safe for you. Wifi was fast and worked like a charm.

Breakfast was delicious and filling. There is fresh fruit, pastries, bread, cereal, yogurt, two types of congee, various hot entrees which changes every day (sausage, french toast, fried rice, noodles), and a chef will cook an omelet/eggs for you at request. Let the front desk know if you have an early day and they will prepare a breakfast package for you. We also ate a couple of times at the restaurant (once when we first arrived and once for lunch). The menu is quite extensive and the prices are reasonable. We also liked sitting outside under the shade by the pool after a long day of adventures.

The hotel will also arrange all your transportation needs for you. We took the overland route from Bangkok (via Poipet), and due to the myriad of scams in Poipet, Motherhome Inn was able to arrange for a car to pick us up at the border for US$40. Someone met us at the border and then arranged a taxi for us. I know US$40 is a lot of money in Cambodia but this is the going rate (trust me I did my research) and I'm so glad the hotel arranged the car service for us. You can also find a taxi at the border but things are pretty hectic by the border, and having someone you trust wait for you made everything less stressful. You will just need to give the hotel your name, gender, and passport numbers just to make sure that you don't get scammed by the touts at the border. Don't worry- giving out this information is customary. For our trips to the Angkor Wat complex, the hotel was able to arrange tuk tuk rides for us. We had Mr. Small for three days and Mr. Thom for one day. Both tuk tuk drivers offered superb service, and we were lucky to have landed them during our stay. They were also flexible- on one of the days we came back to our hotel to rest and then went back to Angkor Wat to spend the rest of our afternoon. The hotel has a price list of the tuk tuk services which is very reasonable and competitive.

Motherhome Inn is an easy 20 minute tuk tuk ride from Angkor Wat depending on traffic, and a 5-7 minute tuk tuk ride ($1) into town. We took the tuk tuk into "downtown" for dinner on the first night and after realizing it was so close to our hotel, walked to and from town each time.

Laundry at the hotel is expensive but in hindsight, we should have just used the hotel laundry service. There are many laundry places nearby but the clothes are handwashed in a bucket and hung out to dry in the sun. This wouldn't have been an issue normally except it was cloudy on two of the days we were there and we couldn't risk packing wet clothes.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would tell my friends/family to stay here if they are visiting Siem Reap.

2 Thank 1000travels
West Malling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We only stayed at Motherhome for 2 nights but in that short time it was clear that this is an excellent hotel. The rooms were excellent, the beds comfortable, the pool looked great (we did not get time to use it) and breakfast was delicious, even if Chinese people kept trying to steal our table. The massage is also fantastic and I made time for a second visit. But better than all of that is the cold towels the staff hand to guests as they return to the hotel!

Room Tip: We had room 412 which is at the top and the back. It was very quiet.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Excellent quality hotel at a great value with very attentive staff.

The hotel can arrange everything you may need to make your visit to Siem Reap and Ankor a great experience. Pick-up from Siem Reap bus station was seamless and free of charge. A driver at a good rate can be booked to take you around the temples which makes it much easier to cover large areas of Ankor in one day.

The hotel has a very nice swimming pool and a cosy bar with really good cocktails. There is also a massage service in the hotel. Everyone was really friendly and you get given refreshing towels every time you enter the hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ambulo
Polanica Zdroj, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

from the all (maybe 30) hotels that we visit during 6 month - this hotel have the best reception ,best humanity personal ,and the most important - people understanding !!! next time we come back exactly in MatherHome hotel -because we never forget such a great kindness and attention devoting to us !!!
here we enjoy a great swimming pool - my brother spend inside pool almost all the time :)))) every morning - wonderful breakfast (fruits, jam ,juice,coffe,tea,bread,vegetables, rise and everything you can image :))) bicycle promenad in every time you want , and exactly MotherHome have very nice rooms with a big windows and beautiful view :))))))

thank you a lot :) with love Dysya ,Vasya,Polya and Nikolya :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

From the moment we walked in and were greeted with the customary Cambodian drink, cool washcloth and sit down chat we new we had hit the jackpot. This hotel at an amazing $29 is very quite in a great location with just the most wonderful staff you could come across. Firstly Mr Kim Leang (the owner) who booked our bus trip from Phonm Phen, our stay at his hotel and the flight out to Luang Prabang and this was all while we were still back home! He did not require payment until we left his hotel. His wonderful staff including his manager Mr Keo Sinh could not do enough for us. Their friendly manner and welcome smile each time we crossed paths was wonderful. We really felt as if we were home and being greeted by family. They were always keen to enquire how our day was and whether it well, did we have any problems etc. Of course they can organise all your tours and have plenty of tuk tuk drivers (from the hotel) outside waiting to take you anywhere. Most places only being a $1.
The massages ($8) were superb, probably the best we have had anywhere. We have had 6 just in the last 8 days. THe pool, though not huge was great and was never busy. The brekkie was everything you would need and more.
Overall this was a great stay at a budget price but certainly not a budget hotel.
Motherhome you are my other home!!

1 Thank chris G