“Oasis of coolness and relaxation”
Review of MotherHome Inn

MotherHome Inn
Ranked #48 of 530 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

(+)
First you meet at the entrance is a smile, a refreshing towel from the fridge and cold juice. After quick check-in you get keys of a clean, quiet, comfortable room with a pool view. There was an insect spray in the room but no insects (it works I think! :-)))) )
Everyday room cleaning.
Various breakfasts with soups, noodles, eggs, porridge, fruits and vegetables.
Tasty dishes in restaurant with prices cheaper than in Pub Street cafes.
Friendly english-speaking staff always ready to help and anticipate your desires.
Free towels for pool, stable free wifi signal in the room, lobby and at the pool area.
Tuk-tuk service is cheaper than average prices, free transfer from airport, free of charge bike rent.
Location is about 15-20 min walk to the Pub Street and Central Market or 1$ by tuk-tuk.
There is a GOOD spa and massage with good prices (10$ for an hour ro so).
They even have an arrival-departure table of Siem Reap's airport in the lobby!
Nearest store is at the gas station to the right from the hotel.

(-)
The pool closes too early (7p.m).
Shower curtain is uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel K

Reviewed 3 July 2014

For the first time here , i have considered whether MotherHome Inn is thrift . But the truth proved that my anxious is not necessary .When i "winced"through the entrance . A server came toward me , and gave me a towel . I confused at that time.The towel is moist ,but frozen. The sweat disappeared delivery.
There are three most magnificent stuffs in the hotel district .First, innovation .They mingled modern technological objects with ancient China featured organisms.second driver.Third service

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter" "Corner suites are large and sunny"...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CHOU Y
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent seven nights in Siem Reap and six of them were in Motherhome Inn. The staff was there whenever you needed them starting with cold wash clothes the instant you walked in the door. Our room had a large window overlooking the pool and was kept spotless every day. The bathroom was a tad small. The breakfast buffet had everything I like and a whole lot more. I swam laps every morning before breakfast, there was always a large fresh towel for me to dry off with when I was finished.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staid here for three nights with my wife while traveling through SE Asia and visiting Siem Reap to go to Angkor Wat. The rooms are a bit run-down but the rest of the hotel is very good. Breakfast was excellent, including a Cambodian version of Pho for breakfast (I love it!). It is conveniently located, about 15 min walk (or 2 USD tuk tuk ride) to Pub Street and close to some convenient areas due to the large number of hostels nearby (e.g. laundry for 1 USD the kilo). It's even nice to hang out at the pool if you are "over-templed" which we were for a day. Can't do much wrong if no-frills yet decent standards are what you want.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is situated near Pub Street/Night market. The welcome drinks are very good as well as the breakfast buffet. Their in-house tuk-tuks are cheaper as compared to the regular ones. Make sure to look for Hak (driver) so he can show/drive you around. He speaks English very well!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed in the MotherHome Boutique hotel in February 2014 for 2 nights. Communication before our arrival was perfect, they responded very quickly to emails. The hotel also provided a free pickup from the airport. This was excellent. We got picked up by a tuktuk, which was a nice first experience. The hotel is only a short drive from the airport. with Mr Sim, our tuktuk driver we arranged a day tour to visit the archeological park the next day. He was great, always on time and waiting for us at every location. We were very happy with him! We originally booked the MotherHome inn, but we were lucky to be upgrated to the Boutique hotel. The room was nice, big and very clean. The bathroom was basic and the room had a seperate toilet, which was nice. The air conditioning worked well. The breakfast buffet was ok. The pool was perfect. The second day we had an evening flight, unfortunately we were not able to get a late check out, but the pool area was nice to relax. We could shower there and change our clothes. We also had a massage and this was absolutely perfect, the best we had during our total trip of 1 month. On the first day I requested the options for a ballon flight. I was very enthusiastic about this, but the weather was not that well, so we decided not to go for it since it is a lot of money. I did feel that the guy at the recepetion was a little bit to pushy with selling the tour. To get to the tourist street from the hotel, you do need a tuktuk. Walking is in my opinion to far. This however costs just $ 2 or so. We had diner the first night and lunch the last day at the hotel, both meals were very good quality. I can highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Thsi place is by far the best value for money I have seen in Cambodia. Lovely staff, lovely pool - that bit is really super, excellent service, excellent breakfast - which in my experience was by no means catering for chinese etc as someone else suggested - a very varied range of food which catered to all is what I found. Good meals, clean, comfortable rooms with a good bathroom ensuite. Tuk tuk drivers are available as is arrangements to go ot all the sights by tuk tuk or car - no haggling, no rip off and professional service - it makes it allso easy and you are unlikely to get better value.
The only thing I can recommend to travellers and to the Mother Home Inn to change is the Aspara Dance - I agree with an earlier review - this place is for hordes of tourists not really interested in dance. I specifically wanted to see the dance in a setting where it could be appreciated - the place Mother Home will recommend is not the place to go at all - ghastly really. Mother home that is the only thing I could recommend you change - find a place where people can actually enjoy the dance rather than that place and there would be no change I can suggest. Thank you very much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family