“Nice cosy hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 334 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore
“Nice cosy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Airport pick up if provided without charge. Staff were exceptionally friendly. Briefed us through the places of interest and the manager even provide us with a local map. Welcome drink of a chill lemon grass tea with some banana chips. Feels like we were in a 5 star hotel. About 5 minutes walk to Pub Street or Night Market. Laundry, pharmacy, tuk-tuk is conveniently available across the street. Many breakfast choices (ala-carte though). In-hotel restaurant serves reasonably price local and western food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edgrace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel. Everything looked brand new, staff incredibly kind and helpful, and excellent value for your money. 5 minute walk from city center (pub st, night market, old market). We also used the hotel to arrange all of our tours and their prices were competitive. Restaurant food was good and reasonably priced (we ordered a fair amount of room service). Breakfast is sufficient with many options (not buffet). Employees are the nicest people we've ever met and by far the most helpful we've met in 10 months of travel. They were on top of email (before we arrived) and helped us with every little detail once we were there. The rooms are plenty big, though a little dark. We had 2 rooms - a garden (ground floor) and balcony room (2nd floor) - and both faced the building next door..so the room descriptions can be misleading but we didn't care (or book rooms specifically for a view). Rooms had all the amenities we needed (fridge, hot water kettle, 2 free bottles of water, lcd tv with many english speaking channels, slippers, strong wifi connection, strong AC). We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank bch4r
Lima
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Airport pick up is provided, very close to the night market and pub street, attentive staff, good breakfast (set breakfasts, many choices available). Nice decoration, good sized rooms, tourism agency in front of the hotel. Very easy to walk everywhere.

singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Villa Medamrei from 19-21 April for my first trip to Siem Reap, and to Cambodia. For single travellers, it's a steal at approx. SGD30+ per night (April is considered low season and very hot). Reception is rustic inspired with welcome drink and chips. Very refreshing. Keeping shoes and slippers strictly at the main door means no worry about dirt and you walk around like you would at home.

The room I stayed is on the ground floor, decently spacious, clean, and gently lit so it's actually quite soothing and not glaring (contrary to whatever past comments and complaints about the dim and dark lighting in the rooms, I had no problems with it at all so keep it that way!), efficient hot shower, minifridge with daily mineral water, essential oil aromatherapy, and, on top of it, I got a huge and wide super single bed that is stiff enough to support my slightly crooked spine so couldn't have been better. While there's not much of a window view, it lets sufficient daylight in if you want to spend the lazy day in just channel surfing the wide selection of international and cable TV programmes.

So the breakfast was a tad bare basics minimal (as forewarned in earlier scriblings) - but at SGD30+ a night, you've got to be either churlish or joking to ask for more. (They must be comparing with Phuket or Krabi or whatever; it's different everywhere, there'll be no ending to milking and squeezing it). Pub Street is filled with a gazillion restaurants and eateries to choose from and it's just a short 8 minutes or less walk away (even though it's a very hot and humid walk, especially after 9.30am). Tuk-tuk drivers ply the Villa but ask for the staff's list of dedicated and more reliable drivers in advance (for my trips to Angkor Wat and other places, I had an excellent, attentive and considerate driver; for my departure ride to the Airport, I had a sly bugger of a driver who sped and bumped all the way and dared to drop me outside the Airport, refused to enter the Airport and told me to walk all the way into Departure with backpack and stuff in tow). Anyway.

Above all, the feature that sets Villa Medamrei apart is really the warm service from the staff. Very customer friendly and smiley and extremely obliging attitude, even from those working at the small breakfast lounge. On my last day before my departure, I had a really nice chat with the young Cambodian manager who told me about the meaning of the villa name (a new villa by the same owner is coming up soon, this one with a pool!), his past tour guide days (he is fluent in Japanese, besides English!), where to go for really good local food and we even exchanged health tips on improving knee joints! Genuine without sounding put upon - this makes the difference.

In all, while tucked in a corner away from the main buzzy pub crawl thoroughfare (you do get more peace and quiet), for my subsequent trips to Siem Reap, I'll take Villa Medamrei again any time.

1 Thank ymkong2014
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my first place in Cambodia after having traveled for two weeks in Thailand and I have to say it has been one of the best places I have been on my entire journey. I am writing now after two weeks the checked out Villa Medamrei (I didn't have any opportunity before, now actually I am in Vietnam...) Anyway the staff is superb and the service and room are excellent for the price you pay. Wifi for whom is interested is good but on my staying, due to the new years celebrations was so and so due to the low electric power.... the all city was fully light up for the celebrations!!!
As soon as I checked in they brought me to a relaxing place and served a delicious lemon tea with a straw made out of bamboo. Breakfast, incvluded, is served on the upper floor on a terrace, and again was very good and well served.
I really enjoyed my staying here and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE if you ever end up in Siem Reap!!
THANK YOU ONCE MORE TO THE STAFF!!!!
Gabriele

Room Tip: I has a room in the groud floor and was beautiful, clean and with a nice and comfy bed
1 Thank Gaber1976
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is awesome. It is within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping, spas, etc...

The staff is very friendly and always greeting you when you enter or exit the hotel. You take off your shoes before you enter and have to leave your room key behind when you leave for the day. We did not mind doing either of those.

The free breakfast was delicious, especially the pineapple pancake!

One thing we didn't like was that we couldn't get cold water to come out of the shower. It is extremely hot outside so we didn't particularly like a hot shower. Also, our balcony was extremely small so we couldn't sit outside since a chair couldn't fit but that sliding door did provide much needed light for a poorly lit room.

Overall this hotel is excellent. We would definitely return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monza, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have to apologize to the kindle staff for having not written before. I have broken my hand so I coudn't use it. My English is elementary but it is enough to thanks the polite people who helped me and my husband for everything we need. The hotel is nice, silent even if it is very near to the center with pubs, market and restaurants. The room was very clean and furnished with all main things. Sober colours, modern minimalist furniture, cool. When you arrive ,you take off your shoes at the entrance ( very good for hygiene and cleanliness) and you forget problems! I remember the delicious breakfast waited by a delightful silent girl in a room opened on a terrace, a nice way to start the day! I and my husband are 60 years old, we live in Italy near Milan, we have travelled all over the world, so I can recommend Villa Medemrei for the good relation between quality and price. We were there in January for 5 days. We hope to come back to Siem Reap in this hotel in a run!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel