“An oasis in Siem Reap”

Ranked #48 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Brisbane, Australia
“An oasis in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had a wonderful 4 nights at the Moon Boutique Hotel. Complimentary pickup from the airport and ongoing free tuk tuk service to town with a mobile phone to call for pickup. Our driver from the airport Kea Sokhey became our guide during our stay, great guy who couldn't do enough for you.
Great meals on site and staff informative about local tours and places to eat. Grounds well maintained with a delightful clean pool surrounded by the rooms.
We passed some huge hotels on the way in from the airport but glad we did not stay at one of them, we would have missed out on this unique hotel. A quiet location approx 5 min tuk tuk drive from town.

Room Tip: There are about 4 rooms which do not face the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Moon Boutique Hotel as a treat to myself for my birthday. At $30 per night it certainly didn't break the bank buts after 2 month of backpacking, it felt like utter luxury.
Huge, air conditioned room, with separate toilet, and a separate bathroom with the best rain shower I have ever experienced and a bathtub large enough for an elephant. They left a handwritten greeting, and petals in the sink. Complimentary water each day, plus tea and coffee, a small fridge, wifi (which was quite temperamental), a beautiful tree-lined pool just a few steps from my room, and a little porch to sit outside on. The breakfast was amazingly generous and delicious.
The staff were incredibly kind, friendly and accommodating. They also offer cmplimentary, on demand tuk tuk service to the centre and give you a cellphone so you can call for pick up.
The staff even arranged a special birthday surprise and bought me a beautiful chocolate birthday cake, which really made my day.
I loved Moon Boutique and wished I could stay forever! The only drawback was location - about 10 minute tuk tuk ride from town. They gave rides whenever you needed one but I'm super independent and like to be able to walk around.
Would definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 which was great and overlooked the pool. As far as I could tell most of the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Kuala lumpur
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel is excellent in almost every way. It is first of all a small scale, single story arrangement of rooms around a central lush garden/pool area, a quiet and peaceful oasis not far from the centre of dusty/hot Siem Reap. It has a degree of character not found in larger guest houses which are springing up all over the town. Hotel pickup/transfer and free/on demand shuttle into town were very convenient and made getting around easy. The complimentary cell phone to call the hotel for pick up is a great gig! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large with good rain shower and the air con was very efficient. Breakfast was very good (real orange juice and great coffee), but don't expect a big western style buffet. The only disappointment was the rather unrefreshingly warm water in the pool (it gets hot in Siem Reap!). Otherwise no showstoppers and I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: From what I saw all the rooms are more or less the same...all located on ground level around/facing...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

A very clean, peaceful hotel and a great place to relax. The staff were so incredibly warm and helpful. We had a great experience and will be going back.

We stayed there only for 2 days at the end of May and when we arrived early morning at the hotel, they checked us in immediately! Our return flight was next day late evening and after all day visiting temples, they let us stay in our room till we were ready to go. They have a 'chill out' check out rule which was a great touch to our experience. I don't know if we could stay in our room in high season, but definitely you can use a shower before going to the airport.

Our room (no 3) was nicely decorated and the bathroom was lovely.

The manager left a personal greeting which I think was a nice touch.

I had a relaxing Khmer massage which was reasonably priced and I highly recommend it.

We arranged tours through the hotel and our tuk tuk driver was brilliant. Always smiling and ready for us with cold water. Fantastic experience.

Overall, the staff made our first visit so special that we didn't want to go back to our 5 star hotel in Bangkok as we knew we wouldn't receive the same customer service there.

1 Thank MoniaM25
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a hotel review and it is a long overdue one. I have just booked the Moon Boutique Hotel for our second family trip to Siem Reap, which prompted me to write.

This small, cute hotel is a lovely place to stay, and it feels just like home. It is in a quiet area. The hotel ambiance is serene with a swimming pool in the middle of the central court yard surrounded by nicely arranged plants and trees, which enhance the ambiance and give guests in the rooms a sense of privacy. You step out of your room right into this beautiful court yard. This setting is what sets this hotel apart from others. After a long day of looking at the temples under the hot sun, it is so relaxing to dip into the pool or sit around it, right at your door steps. In additon, the hotel service is excellent and the restaurant is very good.

My 10-year-old daughter and I have travelled to many places often staying in decent, large hotel complex. We both agreed that this small hotel is one of the most memorable places we stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Well worth the extra effort (not that it's much effort - they offer free shuttle services to and from the hotel). Extremely attentive staff and amazing oasis in the middle of "locals" Siem Reap. Would go back anytime and will recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed May 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 30 May 2013

One of the best hotel during our Vietnam-Cambodia tour.
The staff are really nice, the amenities are very good.
They have free tuktuk service anywhere within the city, they even lend us a cellphone for easier communication. The large swimming pool will welcome you after days of touring. They have very good breakfast too. I will definitely go back here and recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends