“Watch where you book and enjoy your stay”

The Moon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #54 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel was generally OK. However, I did have problems making the reservation, which cost me extra money and is worth to share with other so no further mistakes are made. I always try to help hotels by making bookings directly with the hotel. So I did this time. Firstly I checked prices on popular Online Travel Agents and found they are around $37-$39 a night. I went to the website of the hotel and clicked the link ‘Online Reservation’ and was directed to another site called CentralR. As I have never seen that name before, I assumed they are using some common software among independent hotels and made reservation using that website being sure I am making a direct booking. The price seemed right, $70 for two nights, slightly cheaper than on OTA’s. I did not read the confirmation E-mail through, which was a mistake. Surprise came on our second day when the staff asked at 2PM when am I going to check out. I went straight back to the reception with the confirmation and noticed that I paid $70 for one night. I did try to prove that I booked two night by following my steps by this time the ‘Online Reservation’ link led to Agoda. I looked up this CentralR again and tried to make similar booking and found that they actually charge about $65-$70 a night in this very hotel. Well, my mistake.
I would like to apologise to the staff of the hotel as I was a bit angry at the time until I realised my wrong doing. They were patient and they found me another room in this hotel as they could not let me stay in my original room. I paid $39 and was helped to move all my stuff to another room. I was not charged late check-out, which they could have done as technically I should have checked out by noon.
As for the entire stay, the staff of the hotel was great. Very patient, polite with excellent level of English. Free shuttle to the centre of Siem Reap and relatively cheap transport to Angkor Wat was also an advantage.
There is a swimming pool open I think all the time. However, the water is pretty hotel so not really a way to cool down but a nice place to relax and stretch the muscles. Pool was well kept and clean. Despite full house, it was not even busy and it was just few steps away from the room.
The first room I got was great. Bathroom was amazing, with great bathtub and rain shower. However, it takes a while to fill up the tub and it seems like you’re taking the entire hot water as when I was trying to take a quick shower after, the water was only lukewarm. I know it is hot in Cambodia, but the air con was efficient, at least in the first room. The second room was rather warm despite the air con running constantly at maximum power.
Prices in the restaurant were good and we actually ate there twice even though we normally prefer to eat at local non-tourist places. However, the kitchen as rather slow and has limited knowledge about western food so better order local food, which was quite nice and inexpensive much like drinks. Breakfast was rich and tasty. Minibar though rather poor, just some beer, water and Coke.
If I paid $39 a night, I would be very satisfied with the hotel. I don’t think they should cooperate with anyone charging such prices as I was charged as it will definitely create some dissatisfaction. In the end of the day, I paid $110 for two nights. Not worth the price.

Room Tip: Room 05 has poor air condition.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The staff at this hotel are wonderful, they are friendly and really care about your stay at their hotel. The rooms are clean and the bathroom had a really lovely bath. Breakfast was delightful too. Its location is a bit out of town but the tuk tuk service they offer is brilliant and as we stayed out later than the last schedule for the free tuk tuk (11pm), the local tuk tuk's knew where our hotel was situated so getting back later is no problem.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights and can't say enough good things about it!
They offer free airport pick-up, which we missed because our Cambodia-Angkor Air flight was 9 hours late (but that's another story). Breakfast is also included and it's one of the best we've ever encountered, especially the basket of fresh pastries! It's a bit off the beaten path but that makes it even more of a peaceful sanctuary.
Staff are very caring and friendly and they set us up with the best tuk-tuk driver in the world to bring us around the temples - we would have been totally clueless and lost otherwise!
Rooms are large, comfortable and immaculately furnished and feel very up-market but a true bargain. Then there are the grounds... akin to a tropical paradise with a beautiful pool (though a bit hot in the afternoon). Restaurant was also very good with great staff.
A walk to the town centre took us 40-45 minutes (the heat!) but hotel will arrange free tuk-tuk drop off and pick-up if you want.
Overall, one of the best places we've ever stayed!

Room Tip: I suspect that rooms further from reception area might be a bit quieter.
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This is simply the best place where me and my boyfriend stayed in Cambodia :) staff couldn't be more
friendly, the pool was just amazing, room were beautiful with stunning bathrooms and breakfast and all food in restaurant just delicious !! The best thin is that they gave you cell phone and you could call your tuk tuk anytime you wanted to drop off or pick up from the city (5min) free of charge!!! Just amazing place!! Thank you for such amazing experience!! :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed five nights here. Really enjoyable stay. Free Tuk Tuk from the airport to the hotel. Great service from the staff - all spoke good english, friendly and helpful. They book all of your trips to the temple which makes it really easy. Free Tuk Tuks to and from the old market as its too far to walk location wise but the peaceful location of the hotel makes up for it. Excellent breakfast with continental, american or asian options, fresh baked pastries and fresh fruit juices. Great food for dinner in the evenings both western and Khmer options available and priced reasonably. Lovely pool, excellent for a swim before bed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had the most enjoyable time at this hotel. From the moment i walked in, it was so inviting, the landscaping was beautiful and the staff at the desk were very welcoming. ALWAYS very helpful and had a genuine smile when they talked to me. I missed them when i arrived at my next hotel, the staff was nothing like them.

The room was bigger than i expected, very clean, the shower and the Tub were fantastic.

The Pool is perfect, with plenty of lounge chairs with shade and the landscape surrounding the pool is beautiful too. This was a perfect escape from the long day of being out in the heat.

Food at the restaurant is great, and the breakfast every morning was delicious.

I would stay here again and again and i have already recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 11, it was perfect location to reception, pool and restaurant. I don't think...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights there. Enjoyed the pool a lot. Great restaurant for lunch and dinner at good prices. Very friendly staff that tries to proactively render services, a bit remote but friendly free tuk-tuk services.
Spa with good prices and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family