“Awesome staff, awesome hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Moon Boutique Hotel

The Moon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #36 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Awesome staff, awesome hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Was sad to leave, the staff are exceptional - they are so friendly. They made us feel so welcome & nothing was too much trouble. Stayed here 9 nights with my Mum. We spent more time than we should have relaxing at the hotel because it was just that nice to be in. The pool and garden are stunning. Free tuk tuk drop off/pick up service was awesome, they really look after you at Moon Boutique. The in-house spa/massage was also great. The location is not at all far from town we walked in to town a couple of times and it only takes about 20 minutes and is an interesting walk. They also have free pushbikes which we borrowed, that was fun. My Mum is totally going to take Dad there. And if I come back oneday I'll definately want to stay back here again. Thanks again Moon Boutique crew!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sarah L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a ball ache 12 hours from Heathrow to Bangkok and a rushed connection to Siem Reap , we were greated by Loak our chauffeur in a beautiful aircon merc , straight to Moon Boutique , for 4 very surreal nights of shere pleasure , what a lovely hotel , staff , room , this place is paradise after treking on Elephants and cars around 1000s miles of Angkor Wat .........Food drop dead .....POOL luxury cool off ....all day 5* plus

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
3 Thank Hufc1
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at The Moon Boutique Hotel for 5 nights and truly enjoyed everything about it. First of all, the grounds are exquisite and maintained beautifully. The pool was a welcome refresher after every hot day exploring Angkor and Siem Reap. The room had everything we needed and was an excellent value, with several little touches that made us smile (flowers in the sink when we arrived, a can of bug spray in a cute cloth pouch, etc.) The restaurant food was great and we ate at the hotel on multiple occasions because it was so tasty.

But what really made this place so special were the AMAZING staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helped with anything we needed. We even made friends with one of the tuk-tuk drivers and he went with us to a Cambodian kickboxing match! Our hearts hurt a little when we had to leave this place!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank KimS99
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for four nights in this charming hotel ;, situated 7 mins out of central Siem Reap but with free tuk tuk shuttle service at any time!
Very friendly staff , large and modern rooms, original bathroom (partly with pebbles). Breakfast is a la carte and limited but served with a very large smile !
To be recommended !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Sven v
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My son and I stayed here for 10 days during our recent trip to Siem Reap, and I cannot praise it enough! From the time we arrived to the time we left the staff were all lovely, accommodating and helpful. I wish I could mention them all by name to personally thank them.
Our room was spacious and light and very clean, was serviced every day. The food in the restaurant was lovely, the breakfasts every day were AMAZING! I can highly recommend the rice porridge. The only thing I would improve would maybe has some light music play to increase the ambiance of the beautiful surroundings.
The Tuk tuk/mobile phone service was fabulous as it took the stress out of finding a good tuk tuk driver, and for this I am really appreciative. As for other comments for this being too far out of "town"..Pub street, absolute rubbish! My son and I walked into town a few times and it only took 20 minutes, plus was a way to experience local life.
They can organise tours for you, at a reasonable price, and will help with any other things you need, for example my son had a sore toe that needed to be cleaned up, the lovely guy took us to a local doctors surgery/medical centre to have it looked at and cleaned up.
Overall, if you want to relax amongst a beautiful garden, that isn't really that far out of town, and be treated kindly, this is the place to stay! This was my second trip to Siem Reap, and am now trying to come back here with my husband so we can stay at this lovely little boutique hotel.
ឣរគុណ (aw kohn)

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 6, was on the end, so only had one lot of neighbours, was quiet :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Dooweeze
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Moon Boutique Hotel for 2 nights - the rooms are lovely and clean and the food is excellent but the most outstanding part is the staff there. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted with the best welcome drink we have had (most are un-identifiable I find) and shown to our room. During our stay, we had an incident whereby a local laundry company "lost" some of my clothes. One of the staff members took us back to the laundry shop and stayed with us for over an hour trying to help us communicate with the shop keepers to ask where my things were. It was unsuccessful and on my return I informed the hotel manager who suggested I leave the issue with him. I gave him the phone number for the shop and by the following afternoon, the clothes miraculously reappeared - we were very grateful for the help we received in getting our clothes back.

Overall, the staff are more than willing to help. The hotel is a little out of the way but as others have mentioned, the free tuk tuk service is great. I wouldn't have chosen anywhere else to stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel through trip advisor and it lived up to the reviews and ratings.

It's a little out of town and down a slight dirt track but it's quiet, safe and clean. The bedrooms are a good size and the showers were brilliant. There is a pool in the centre which is very welcome after a hot day.

The hotel is a little way out of the main town (about 15/20 mins) but the hotel will give you free tuk tuks and a mobile so you can call and arrange a return pick up (before 23:00)

We used the hotel for a one day Angkor trip and it was fabulous. The staff are super friendly and it was sad to leave them.

The restaurant is good and the breakfast is not to be missed. Also there is a spa where you can get treatments.

We went back after our flight was cancelled as it was such a great place

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends