“We loved it!”
Review of The Prohm Roth Inn

The Prohm Roth Inn
Ranked #278 of 514 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Since we got sick in Siem Reap, we stayed here for almost a week! These guys took really good care of us from the beginning 'til the end. We have been traveling for three months and haven't met such nice and helpful staff in while. Rooms are great for the price. Staff is more than happy to organize Tuk Tuk drivers and onward trips. I can highly reccomend this place!

Room Tip: It does not have a pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Having researched a few inns and guesthouses, I finally decided on Prohm. The tuk-tuk pick-up was at the bus station as promised and the motley crew of cousins and brothers did a superb job of welcoming me. The room I chose with air-con was spacious, sheets were clean and bathroom functional. Breakfast, included in the room rate was adequate whilst wifi was excellent.

I booked my tour separately but after the two day tour guide decided to return for the 3rd day on my own to explore more temples. I discovered that cousin # 2 did run a tuk-tuk service which was trustable and actually showed me different angle to Anglor Wat which not covered in my guided tour. Cousin # 3 provided me with the motorbike ride to the night market area/pub street. Whilst is it possible to walk, a motorbike ride / tuk-tuk ride is just $ 1 to go and $ 1 to come back which was more than reasonable.

The crew of brothers & cousins do a good job to keep the place clean, the room comfortable and always with a smile. They are a bit shy but ready to assist at any point.

Room Tip: Guest rooms which are to the left of the inn and at the back are quieter. Be aware of stairs. There...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IndochineTraveler
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

There are words that we can't simply express but there is a small given time that allow us to express our heartfelt appreciation to you and to many others for choosing to stay at The Prohm Roth Inn. We've taken this journey with great caution and when the right time come, we really look forward to serve more people with better service and attention.. As we often say that your presence gave us so much inspiration..and so we really grateful to you for choosing our place. You've planted some hope and firm future in our life journey..
Much love and regards to all!

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

These guys were the most charming and helpful people I have met in a while.

The band of brothers (& cousins) did an outstanding job at keeping our trip stressless and organised, it was a slick operation. We had breakfast each morning and would then be taken by Tuk Tuk around the temples of our choice. After returning we were then taken by Hotel Tuk Tuk to our destination of choice for dinner. We were close to having royal service.

All of the staff were friendly and had our comfort on top agenda.

If there was one room for improvement; I would prefer a room with neutral clean colors, we had a bright blue room which I felt was a little odd, perhaps dated.

We are pleased we stated at such a pleasent guest house.

Thank you Prohm Roth team!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Joelos628
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear guests,
Once again, we thank you sincerely for staying with us and taking time to write review for us. We hear clearly your words and we'll do whatever it takes to serve everyone with grace & respect and improve our services/amenities. On behalf of my brothers, sister, cousins and uncle, I would like to wish two with greater success, sweeter happiness and stronger life journey all around the globe. Your love and presence give us great inspiration and confidence to move on!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Huh, I didn't have any idea breakfast was included until I read it here now, posting a review. Well, that's how nice the place is, I liked it even without the breakfast! The brothers and other guys who run the place are jovial and friendly, although you may have to repeat or slow down your English every once in a while.

Rooms are clean and well outfitted. They seem to do pricing based mostly on size, which doesn't bother me. I did pay an extra dollar to get hot water which meant a much bigger room as well. Rates lower than posted on website (a sign outside, maybe for low season, stated $5-15).

Extra bonus for me, when I was sick the brothers noticed this and kept offering to make me some hot tea. How nice!

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the front of the building if you want wifi in room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lily C
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear kind guests,
Just need to express our fondest appreciation to you for your patronage and time to drop this message to let other know about your experience at our Inn.
Breakfast or not is depends on what guest pay, we receive. Small (single) room is $5, Double from $7 to $9... such rates are without breakfast, while rooms with AC are higher. Even we serve breakfast there, not every guest who stays with us is entitled to receive free breakfast. So hope it clears some doubts..
I have my cousins, uncle & brother running this inn. We do whatever we can to feed ourselves with responsibility, integrity and loyalty. These boys have broken/little English indeed as they're still going to classes. Your every support inspires us tremendously. This is our personal endeavor, not inherited from our parents.
Huge thanks to everyone who stayed and will come to stay with us!
Much love & regards, Meang

Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights here and it was only 5$ per night each with breakfast included. The air con was extra but we didn't feel we needed as we had fans and the windows had mozzie netting and could be left open. I felt very safe for the whole stay and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The balcony is a lovely place to eat breakfast and the fruit is very tasty although as anywhere in Cambodia the bread is a bit rubbish.
Overall very highly recommended :)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Rossssiiiieeee
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear all valued guests,
Warmest greetings to 'Reviewers and Readers'! On behalf of my brother, cousins & uncle, I would like to express our heart-felt appreciation to YOU for all your kindest support and recommendation. Your very words do inspire us more and more! We do our best to serve everyone with highest interest, respect & love! We would like to wish everyone with greater success, happiness and strength in every journey they take! Cheers!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We are long term travelers with basic needs - general level of cleanliness and enough space for our (minimal) stuff. This place met both of our needs with ease.

Our room was very clean - shining white tile. There was plenty of space for our luggage and even a small wardrobe rack. The TV, AC, and fan were also nice to have. The pale green walls were better than they sound but did make the room a bit dark (we were in a cheaper one window room). The only complaint was that we had a very small blanket - thin like a towel. Of course, we should have turned the temp up on the AC, but when we have AC we like to make it cold and pull up the blankets. The people running the guesthouse were very nice. We extended our stay multiple times, and they had no problems accommodating us.

The location was very good - easy to walk to main area of town. All food and shopping was within a 3 minute walk. It is the opposite direction from Angkor park, but even if you stayed at teh hotel closest to the park (very expensive) you still wouldn't actually be close.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LifeDocumented
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Staying in Prohm Roth Inn is definetly home away from home. The service is beyond what we expected,from the day we arrived( July 25,2012) until our last day(July 28) we are being taking care off. Spotless clean, cool airconditioning,they even have a fan so you have an option not to used the aircon. Simple breakfast but it's good especially the bread. Helpful staff, warm, ready to answer all your questions. Even late at night someone will accomodate your request or waking up at 4:30am to bring us to angkor wat for sunrise. Our stay in Siem Reap is definetly worth it for 12hrs bus ride coming from Ho Chi Minh, not only because of Angkor Wat and other temple, or the busy nightlife in Pub Street and OLD Market but also the service that we got from Prohm Roth Inn. We highly recommend Prohm Roth Inn a place to stay in Siem Reap and we will surely comeback. Regards to everyone and 'awkunh ch'ran'

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends