We stayed at this resort due to getting a very good deal from groupon, this included breakfast and airport transfers which was much appreciated. From the moment we were collected from the airport we were taken to an air conditioned mini van, given cold towels and a cold bottle of water and straight to the resort. Within about five minutes of arriving we were taken around for a tour, around the resort, it is a huge and lovely complex with 2 swimming pools, a gym, a spa and bar and a big restaurant.
We were very impressed by our villa, it was huge with marble bathroom and a sitting area with loungechairs and a big flatscreen TV, and a balcony. The staff were super friendly and helpful and were constantly asking if you wanted a lift in golf carts back to the villas.
We had a massage or two in the spa and really enjoyed it.
There are only two minor things that could be improved upon, that being it takes at least 3 minutes for the hot water to come through in the shower and the bed is very hard, don't get me wrong, I do like a firm bed but this was like sleeping on a piece of wood.
I do suggest to get a tuk tuk driver from out the front to take you into town. It will cost $8 for a return trip, and while you are in town make sure you get bottles of water from the shops in town because it is about 1 tenth of the price to buy. I think a bottle of evian (700ml) at the resort is about $5 or a 1.5L bottle in town is about $0.60
The resort is really very nice and it is well worth staying there, very clean, efficient and luxurious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort offers an ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation experience. With its key location, guests can conveniently access to the city's must-see destinations. Siem Reap Airport, the Pub Street and the famous UNESCO site Angkor Wat can be reached within short drive. At Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort, all rooms are beautifully furnished and equipped with standard amenities. Experience the resort's spa and fitness center where guests are able to relax and enjoy the landscape of tropical atmosphere. To ensure that guests are having a pleasant time during the stay, the resort also offers recreational facilities such as swimming pool, library, including day trip. Guests can opt for other leisure activities such as jogging. Offering comfortable stay with top-class facilities, Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort is a perfect venue to spend the unforgettable stay in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokhalay Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Sokhalay Angkor Resort And Spa