I had a delightful stay at the Sokhalay Hotel, which I rate top value for money in Siem Reap. While the main building facing the road is uninspiring, behind it the resort opens up to a park of bungalows with four rooms each (two ground floor and two upstairs) built around a reasonably sized pool. There is a bar on an island in the middle of the pool area and a restaurant on one side where you can have quite a diverse variety of dishes of decent quality and where breakfast is served (buffet with decent spread and quality). Staff is very friendly and keen to accommodate any needs you have. I stayed in a room upstairs, which came with a little balcony. The room's interior was pleasing and spacious (~ 30+ sqm) and had a separate sofa area. The rooms come with all the amenities you would expect from a 4-Star accommodation (complimentary water, mini-bar, bathroom amenities, safe etc., free wifi with mostly decent connectivity etc.). The resort is situated on the road to the airport which has the advantage of a short airport transfer (complimentary) and the disadvantage of having to take a tuk-tuk to access the central part of town. However, in spite of being there during the high season, getting a tuk-tuk was never a problem; the rate for an evening out (the drivers typically try to have you book them for a turnaround trip because there is an oversupply of them and competition is stiff) will cost you USD 8.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort offers an ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation experience. With its key location, guests can conveniently access to the city's must-see destinations. Siem Reap Airport, the Pub Street and the famous UNESCO site Angkor Wat can be reached within short drive. At Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort, all rooms are beautifully furnished and equipped with standard amenities. Experience the resort's spa and fitness center where guests are able to relax and enjoy the landscape of tropical atmosphere. To ensure that guests are having a pleasant time during the stay, the resort also offers recreational facilities such as swimming pool, library, including day trip. Guests can opt for other leisure activities such as jogging. Offering comfortable stay with top-class facilities, Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort is a perfect venue to spend the unforgettable stay in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokhalay Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Sokhalay Angkor Resort And Spa