Stayed 4 nights in early April 2014. The resort itself is on the main road out to the airport. This road is lined with hotels and resorts and whilst it is is several minutes into the main part of town like Pub Street, it was pleasant to travel in and out by Tuk Tuk which was 2 to 3 dollars.
The resort itself did not seem very full which meant very few people in the pool was was "huge" and great to relax in.
We stayed in a room in the main hotel. The room was about 60 square metres and had a lounge to relax on when on the internet. The bathroom had a bath/shower and another seperate shower.
The water was good pressure and hot. the bed was big and fairly comfortable. The floors were wooden so no carpet smells.
Breakfast was fine although we preferred to have a couple of eggs, tea, coffe and some fresh fruit to finish. There were the usual noodles, rice and other hot and cold dishes seen at most hotels throughout asia.
We did not eat at the hotel as we loved going into the pub street area.
On a value for money basis this place would be very hard to beat and next time we are in Siem Reap will most likely stay here again.
TIP....When you go to Pub Street, walk to the end and turn left. On the next corner is the Home Cocktail Bar and Restaurant. Beer 50 cents and cocktails $1.50 all day. Food is pretty good to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort offers an ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation experience. With its key location, guests can conveniently access to the city's must-see destinations. Siem Reap Airport, the Pub Street and the famous UNESCO site Angkor Wat can be reached within short drive. At Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort, all rooms are beautifully furnished and equipped with standard amenities. Experience the resort's spa and fitness center where guests are able to relax and enjoy the landscape of tropical atmosphere. To ensure that guests are having a pleasant time during the stay, the resort also offers recreational facilities such as swimming pool, library, including day trip. Guests can opt for other leisure activities such as jogging. Offering comfortable stay with top-class facilities, Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort is a perfect venue to spend the unforgettable stay in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sokhalay Angkor Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokhalay Angkor Resort And Spa
- Sokhalay Angkor Hotel Siem Reap