“Great place to stay”

Angkor Wonder Hotel
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had a great time staying here. Mr Whynot the owner and his family are all really personable and helpful. For example, one morning I had to go to the hospital early and the young brother brought me in his tuktuk and waited for me and he didn't even expect payment. They were a great introduction to the kind and welcoming nature of most Cambodians. I intended to stay here just for one night but ending up spending a week. It's cheap, chilled out and the location is very good. It's a bit hard to find from the street since the name isn't displayed prominently and all of my guides had trouble finding it so make sure you know where you're going at first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Excellent quality for the price, simple and clean, very good location close to the restaurants local and touristics, and to bars (pub street) to do everything by walk, and however quiet.

Why I will advice my friends to go there is above all the quality of service of the staff, especially the owner, Mr "why not", who will do everything he can to help you with honesty, and that helps a lot, when you are in another country with diff language and culture... Example: I needed help to find a transportation to the border of Thailand in the north of SR, which is not usually used by tourists. People advised me not to do that by Mr why not found me the way safely...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jeremie a
Reviewed 7 January 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed. Excellent value for money as the place is clean and the owner is extremely hospital. They have a board where you can tell about your willingess to share a tuktuk to Angor Wat but me and my friend didn't find any company. I recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Angkor Wonder Hostel is made by Mr Why Nt and his enthusiasm to make sure you have a good time in Siem Reap. He booked us a great tuktuk driver for the temples and sorted our onwards travel for us.

The rooms aren't the best, ours had a broken shower door, broken shower head and was a bit dirty. But the water was piping hot and the location is great. For the price you pay it's a pretty good deal.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Without us asking, Mr Whynot (the owner and caretaker), gave us all the information we need while in Siem Reap such as Tuktuk rates, Tour trails, where and what to eat, and where to spend a memorable night life. It seems that he knows everything about the town. He was approachable and really friendly.

He also lent me a book about the history and architectural details of Angkor.

Angkor Wonder Hotel wasn’t the cheapest option I found but the one with the best perks at its price range. Twin fan rooms cost around US$8.00/room-night while the A/C rooms are for US$13.00/room-night

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sole_iAn
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights, in a private twin room.

The room was large and clean. There was two double beds and a tv in the room. The bathroom was small with a cold shower but that's what you expect in Cambodia!

We were given a large powerful fan, which made the room comfortable to sleep in.

The location of the hotel is great, close to the markets and pub street but a little away, so you can get a good nights sleep.

WIFI was good in the rooms and was free.

We booked a tour of the temples from the hotel and also our onward travel to Thailand which was cheap and cheerful.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and gave us great advice about getting around and what to see.

Overall the place is cheap, clean and comfortable. A great place to see Siem Reap.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We unfortunately only stayed here one night but loved it for the price. It was $8 a night for our room which was great value and its centrally located. Mr what is such a nice man, gave us a hot drink on arrival and a details of the city.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends