“Wonderful Wonder” 5 of 5 bubbles

Angkor Wonder Hotel
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Wonder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a great stay at the Angkor Wonder Hostel. It had everything we needed, and the staff were fantastic, and so friendly. We were picked up without any problems, and they organised an amazing three days around Angkor Wat. It's in a good location, close enough to restaurants and nightlife, but not too close that it was noisy. Thank you to everybody at Angkor Wonder Hostel for making our time in Cambodia so enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great location and very friendly host, felt a very welcoming place. Good size room with bathroom. All very clean. Shower holder had broken so had to hold shower head with hand, which was bit awkward. TV in room, great wifi connection and good AC. Owner gave us great welcome with map of area, explaining sights and ways to see Angkor watt. Arranged reasonably priced tuk tuk to see Angkor wat and also booked tickets for us to take boat to battambang with hostel pick up. Very impressed, would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danny6182
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived a night too early because I booked the wrong date but they accommodated us. Offered us water and a sit down to introduce us to the best possible routes for touring the temples. Very helpful in letting us pay at the end for our laundry and rooms at the end. I can't stress enough how nice the staff were. Loved it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Erlangen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

As I arrived in Siem Reap I was picked up for free from a very friendly driver. As soon as I arrived I was welcomed very friendly and got offered a water. Mr. Why Not and all his staff were very kind and friendly. I stayed 4 nights in one of the 5 bed Doors, which provide just cold water, but hey thats okay for backpacking on these temperatures. Also everyone gets a fan for their own. I really liked the central location, just 5 min walk to Pub str and the market. Also met a lot of friendly backpackers there.
Only dislike. There were no lockers in the dorm, but you could deposit your valueables at the reception. I'd definetely would recommend this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Angkor Wonder Hotel was my first accommodation in Siem-Reap for my initial 2 nights
I purchased a private ac room for 2 nights.

Hostel a few hundred metres away from the nightlife at pubstreet and the markets which makes it very easy to walk back from a big night while still being quiet enough to sleep.

Staff are super friendly, and picked me up from the airport then gave me a map and information session of the area.

Rooms are not flash and are dated. For the price paid they are certainly very good.
Certainly hostels with much nicer rooms however not for this cheap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Queanbeyan, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the second time that I have visited this hotel and this time I bought my 16yo daughter. And again my stay here was absolutely brilliant. Mr Why Not and staff are fantastic in organising all your needs whilst in Siem Reap. My daughter was 'adopted' by his children and she had a fantastic time for the 2 weeks we stayed here.
The only problem with this hotel is leaving because you are made so welcome by the family and staff during your stay.

I will defiantly be staying here again on my next visit :-)

Room Tip: Rooms at the top and to the back of the hotel is quieter if you have trouble sleeping with traffic n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a pretty standard hostel and you really can't go wrong for the value. The location is slightly off the main track but this was great because it was quieter at night. The staff were unbelievably helpful and they can give you plenty of information about how to see the temples depending on your preference

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo