“Kakada will make your Siem Reap trip a treat”
Review of Kakada's Tuk-Tuk

Kakada's Tuk-Tuk
Ranked #596 of 889 Tours in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Kakada is really obliging tuk tuk driver who will pick you up from wherever you land in Siem Reap. I went there from Phnom Penh via minibus and he dutifully met me at the bus stop on time with his tuk tuk. As he is only a driver and not a tour guide, he is only allowed to drive you to the temples (eg. Angkor Wat,etc) but he isn't allowed in to take you around. Knowing this, I asked him if he could arrange a guide for me, and sure enough in less than a couple of hours, he did that for me. He is a funny guy, always smiling and always chatty.
I would fully recommend that you engage his services on your trip to Siem Reap.
Tuk tuk is a better way to go from sight to sight. Initially I thought it may have been rough, or too hot to travel this way but it turned out to be better. With the openness of a tuk tuk, you actually get to see more, and as an avid photographer, I was able to take many shots which I wouldn't have been able to in a closed car.
So happy was I with him I paid him double what I had originally wanted to.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Kakada was a refugee and orphan because of Pol Pot. He was a Buddhist monk who raised his brother in a temple. He supports his wife and kids by driving tourists around Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, in a buggy he pulls with a motorcycle. He is delightful and sincere, and this is a wonderful way to see Angkor Wat, close up and with fresh air. You don't need air-con taxis in this environment. This is definitely a fun filled alternative. Kakada will become your friend. He will tell you the 'unwashed' history of Cambodia. Or if you wish, he will just shut up and take you where you want to go!

I have traveled to more than 50 countries, and can honestly say that Kakada is a rare find. The fee is about $25/day as of 2011.

1  Thank dab107