“Fire off some war time relics”

Siem Reap Shooting Gallery
Ranked #10 of 14 Fun & Games in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Siem Reap shooting range is the range that allow you to shoot variety of guns while traveling in Siem Reap of Cambodia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When we were told it would be a long ride to the shooting range, they really weren't kidding. The range is located at a military base beyond the Angkor Archaeological Park. You will pass the park checkpoint, but if you're just going shooting, you will not need a temple pass. The range itself had a good selection of weapons on the menu: assault rifles, handguns and even a machine gun. My girlfriend and I both fired the iconic AK-47 (actually the one we fired was a Chinese Type 56, which sort of counts), and after that I also fired the M16A1, using 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 rounds respectively. These gave significantly more kick that the .22 rifle we used in Koh Samui, which gave that memorable experience of actually firing a real gun, and at $50 for a 30-round magazine, it works out to be much cheaper than the range we went to in Samui. Neither gun had jamming issues, and we were allowed to hold it on our own. The staff will allow you to hold all of the weapons on display, and you're free to take as many photos as you want. Big plus!

2  Thank Nilleh
in 9 reviews
"army"
"military"

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have spend $50 for 30 AK47 bullets. I wanted to shot the M16 but the guy there told me that the M16 was not well cleaned. And then he suggested me to shot the AK47. Most of the guns looks very old except one machine gun. There are twice gun jams during the 30 shoots...felt not that safe...Anyway, it is a not bad experience...

2  Thank victor w
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Spent US$60 for a thirty round clip in an AK47, and it jammed four times. I think that's a bit disappointing.

And given that the AK47 is supposed to be a marvel of reliability, it indicates that either (a) they use very poor ammo, or (b) take very poor care of their weapons. Either way, it's perhaps not the safest place to go firing an AK47.

2  Thank Slapper D
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Went here as part of my 30th birthday and let go 100 rounds on the machine gun. Like the other reviewer said, when do you get the chance to do this? Australia is so restricted. When that thing lets rip it's awesome being on the end of it. they let you pose with as many guns as you want. It's over quick but you sure wont forget it!!

1  Thank BellaVistaLakeside