“Incredible Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Santa Barbara, California
“Incredible Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

It was our first time to Siem Reap and we did not know what to expect. Upon first arriving at the Borei Angkor Resort, we were a little discouraged because of the construction going on. However, it did not take long for us to realize that we made the right decision to stay here. Once we got beyond the front doors you could not even hear the construction anymore. The rooms were spacious, well decorated, and with a nice air conditioned temperature. The bathrooms are wonderful - you have the option of taking a shower or taking a bath in a big tub you can relax and soak in. The staff made service the top priority. Whenever we left the hotel, they made sure to have a form of transportation ready for us immediately. They are also knowledgeable about where the hot spots are in town, or requirements on going to the temples. The dining options are exquisite. Their buffets are well stocked with both Khmer and Western food dishes to choose from. Breakfasts are included for anyone who stays here, and in our package we also got one free dinner! The pool is large and refreshing, with a poolside bar with evening live music to entertain guests. But what stunned us the most was the service of Tim Ky, the service director. He made sure we were well taken cared of, and even gave a free upgrade to The Privilege Floor! Once there, we had Alex who served our every need. Staying at the Borei Angkor made our first visit to Siem Reap a very wonderful one. When you enjoy the place you stay, the better rested you are for the temple sightseeing. I highly recommend it to anyone who visits Siem Reap and Angkor Wat!

Room Tip: Select pool view rooms, and the view of the pool area and the spa is very nice and quiet. Get to kn...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank london_britpop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Definitely one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. My girlfriend and I originally planned to stay here for just 2 days on a whirlwind trip through SE Asia, but after experiencing the level of service and comfort, we splurged for an extra night. Everything about this hotel is top notch. The staff bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you want, and can do everything you want to do. They have private cars and tuk-tuks on call, that will drive you anywhere in the city, and wait around making sure you get to see as much as possible.

The resort itself is very nice, the pool area is very large and relaxing, sometimes it was hard to even pry the girlfriend away to Angkor Wat. The wait staff makes sure you always have a drink, or food in your hand if you would like it. And on the food note, everything we had was delicious. Privilege Floor guests are able to eat in the private lounge for breakfast, which offers a nice view in the morning and wonderful food. Another place that is actually hard to leave, just because you want to keep enjoying the food. The variety is wonderful, the fruit and pastries are fresh, and the service is spot on.

Overall, the entire experience is awesome. We booked the room originally to treat ourselves in the middle of 2 months of traveling, and The Privilege Floor surpassed our expectations in every way. I am not one to normally gush over a hotel either, we just really had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank KyleChttrsn
Beverly, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We never even got to the property and were VERY disappointed with the service. I booked a room on Hotels.com for our family - my husband, myself and our two daughters (ages 12 and 14). This fact was made VERY clear on the reservation and the room I booked indicated that the room would accommodate us all. Upon contacting the hotel myself to reconfirm some information and provide my flight details, I waited THREE DAYS for a response only to be told that the room I had booked and PREPAID would not fit my family. After more emails AND getting Hotels.com involved, I cancelled the reservation. Again, after a few days, I was offered another room that would fit my family (why this wasn't given in the first place is beyond me!) but I was disgusted with the service and booked another hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
20 Thank Michelle C
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Privilege Floor in Siem Reap. Our main purpose was to view Angkor Wat, but we were blown away by our entire experience there, starting from the moment we arrived in Siem Reap. Staff was waiting for us at the airport, where they introduced us to our private driver who would be taking us anywhere we wanted to go throughout our stay. When we arrived at the hotel, a bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the room, and we were given a cell phone and told to call our hosts, day or night, if we needed anything at all. I've never been to a hotel that provides this level of service! The following day we met our tour guide, who gave us wonderful tours of all the temples over 2 days. Note that we booked the Sunset Suite Package, which also included a picnic lunch, a dinner served to us in our room, and a 1-hour massage for each of us (which is definitely nice after spending all day sightseeing!). Overall the service is just spectacular and made our stay unforgettable. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank dmcny99
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I arrive siem reap and was greeted by jacky and borang. It was the start of a beautiful experience.

I was escorted to the fourth floor of Borei Angkor resort, also known as The Privilege Floor. Another couple had arrive before us and just before they were handed their keys, I heard Alex said, "hope you will enjoy your stay as king and princess"

I thought the same phrase will be said to me but jacky didn't. Action speaks louder than words... Jacky and the whole team at privilege floor treated my wife and I like a king and princess. We enjoyed every moment there and thank everyone that made my wife's birthday an unforgettable experience. Or kun chran!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank PeiqinLiew
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Privilege Floor, and the experience and service of the friendly staff is just exceptional, beyond expectations. The tours to the Angkor temples, floating village, excursion in town with car and driver included, picknic lunch by the lake, wonderful spa treatments, nice food, relaxed athmosphere, etc. etc. make us never forget this stay! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stig M
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Simply the best. We stayed with the highest package available in their largest suite.. We're a family with 3 young children... Everything was simply perfect. It is definitely worth the price with everything being included.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family