“Absolutely magnificent!!”

The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR
Ranked #19 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Privilege floor on our honeymoon and in terms of service, ambience and hospitality I can easily say this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in, all the staff were amazing and super helpful. The rooms were clean and everything was new and in exceptional working order, breakfast and sunset cocktail drinks were superb with again the staff being especially professional. A special thanks to Kim and Alex who made our stay an unforgettable one.
We will definitely be recommending this hotel to everyone and also will be returning someday.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Yevgeni O
There are newer reviews for The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Excellent service specially Alex. I could spend good time because of him. I was so impressed his profession. They provide free ride to town or Ankor wat. If you do not like to negotiate with Taxi , it can be very useful. The restaurant inside hotel was OK, I recommend to go Old Market. It was noisy night time because wild dogs barked.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This may be being a bit picky! I agree with the majority of the other reviewers but expectations (due to the other comments) were for perfection.
The rooms, facilities and location were excellent. We have experienced warm friendly service in Asia hotels many times before and the atmosphere it creates is fantastic and makes for a great holiday. We were not so comfortable with repetitively being asked where we had just been, what were we doing next, where were we next going to eat ? We found ourselves trying to avoid some staff as we wanted more space. The personal driver was superb (Mr Red) and wanted to leave our "thanks" to the last day. It was confirmed to us several times that he would take us to the airport to complete a great 6 days together to suddenly find a brand new driver. No explanation was given but we were very disappointed. There were also 2 occasions where we asked for small things, which were done for us but we were not informed.
Other star staff were all the people in the cocktail bar area who created a fun place.
The daily laundry was great and the massage was probably the best I have ever had.
So yes it is a bit picky review. An excellent hotel but little mistakes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have traveled all around Asia and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at. The service is six star and the staff are of the highest caliber and could not do enough for you. Manager Tim HY deserves high praise indeed for the standard he sets. The food was superb and cocktail time was just what the doctor ordered after a long day of sight seeing. My room was perfectly presented and the bed was comfortable and great to sleep on. One host stood out for me Samnang who seemed to know when to be there when you needed help. I was so impressed with The Privilege Floor that I have decided to see in the new year later this year. Well done staff and see you around new year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

What a concept. Take the top floor of a luxury hotel, in this case the fourth floor of the Borei Angkor Resort and Spa, and turn it into an even more deluxe hotel, The Privilege Floor, where just about no detail is overlooked by the exceptional staff of this very comfortable, clean, and attractive hotel within a hotel. When one passes through the hotel's walled gateway and enters its handsomely landscaped driveway, one is well back from the busy street front and can start to relax in the Borei Angkor's airy public spaces defined with dark wood architectural features and appointed with comfortable seating and potted greenery. The pool is large, one end with very shallow water for youngsters, another with an enclosure with jacuzzi-like water jets, both opening onto deeper water. With its evening lighting, a dip in the pool makes for a lovely end to a day of sightseeing. Our room in The Privilege Floor was spacious, clean, and comfortable (with bedding firmer than generally found in the U.S., but which seems to be the Asian norm) and included a sitting area and large balcony (with view over not particularly scenic Siem Reap) along with a large, well-appointed bathroom. Our package included free RT airport transportation (how nice not to have to search for one's own transportation, especially on arrival); general laundry services (a real plus in a hot, sticky climate); spa treatments in a spa equipped with all the bells and whistles anyone would probably ever want; a mobile phone for communicating with hotel staff or whoever (not that we ever needed to use it because all drop-offs and pick-ups were clearly coordinated in advance to match our convenience); hot and cold breakfast with good coffee, fresh juice, colorful tropical fruit cut and peeled (don't miss the mangosteen, a rare treat indeed), as well as Khmer, U.S., European, and Japanese entree choices; an amazing picnic lunch which we in fact enjoyed on a delightful poolside terrace; a happy hour (actually two hours!) that included drinks and an array of canapes that changes daily; good wifi signal; the services of a thoroughly well-trained, attentive, personable, capable, courteous staff responsive to every request, better yet even to those requests that we never thought to make; PLUS our own car, driver, and guide for the length of our visit (probably the most extraordinary benefit of a hotel stay); AND ticket/pass to Angkor Wat temples (which may sound like no big deal but with a three-day pass costing US$40 and two people in your party, you do the math. It's a nice benefit.) With lots to see and the temples too far apart to really allow easy walkability, we relied on our private car, driver, and guide to help us make the most of our time. Our driver got us around efficiently (he was undaunted by the flooded roads that would have had me turning back), safely (no small task for those unfamiliar with the busy congestion of the city's streets), and creatively (our driver knew the perfect backroad when asked to provide a quiet, picturesque drive through the rice fields) and was always there to pick us up daytime or evening. Our guide knew all the temples backwards and forwards (standard routing and secret routing past the best views; best time of day to see which ones in order to avoid crowds and catch the best light for snapshots) and was thoroughly familiar with the history of the Khmer Empire and the temples as well as the latter's architectural and sculptural features and iconography. He communicated information clearly and concisely. When we found ourselves with 30 minutes to kill because we had sent the driver off on an errand, well, what to do? How about a stroll through the village for a glimpse of local life? What an unexpected treat! With their cheerful, friendly dispositions, both men were a delight to be around. Would I stay again at The Privilege Floor? Gladly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Privilege Floor was better than I could have hoped. I can't think of a place that I've ever stayed that has had better service from start to finish than I got there. Everybody that worked at the main desk of the Privilege Floor was on top of everything, the hand off from team member to team member was flawless.

The massage I got was the best massage i can remember having. My driver was always on time and attentive to things I knew I wanted to see and with suggestions for things I shouldn't miss. It's hard for me to imagine a tour guide who has the amount of knowledge that my guide has combined with the personality to present as well as he does.

From start to finish, the Cambodia leg of my trip was as perfect as I could have hoped and my gratitude goes out to the entire staff of The Privilege Floor and Borei Angkor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My son had booked us a twin room on the fourth floor but unfortunately there was a mix up. We ended up on the third floor but with all the benefits we should have had on the fourth floor. We did have a small problem in the room but however this was dealt with efficiently and quickly by the staff. Nothing is any bother for them. The staff are so friendly, kind, and will go out of their way to assist you. The food was superb and the information from the customer service desks was first class. There is nothing they won't do for you. Alex on the fourth floor was extremely helpful and again nothing was too much bother for him. Our driver from the hotel Mr Red was also fantastic. He taken us wherever we wanted to go without question or complaint. His patience was second to none and he is a very kind, happy helpful chap. In fact all the staff in the hotel are like this. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to one day returning. Thank you The Privilege Floor for helping to making our trip fantastic.

Room Tip: I don' think there is a problem with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family