“Just Wonderful”

The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR
Ranked #20 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After reading reports on Tripadvisor we decided to stay at 5 Star, The Privilege Floor, which is on the 4th floor of The Borei Hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia for 4 nights, obviously to visit Angkor Wat and temples. The Hotel lived up to its reputation and previous comments as we found it a really great place to stay. We were met at the Airport by our Personal Host Victor and our Personal Driver Khov who welcomed us so well. The Entrance lobby was so inviting that you felt you were becoming part of the family. The rooms were spacious and the staff was exceptional, all of them calling you by your christian name, which made you feel that you have known them for ages. The Damnark Lounge provided the buffet breakfast in the morning as well as the complimentary cocktails and canapes between 5 & 7 PM in the evening. We were served on most evenings by a wonderful character named Sokmen, who really made our evenings very enjoyable. Victor helped to organize our days for the temple visits as well as suggesting Restaurants for dinner. He also arranged for a guide to show us around the Temples and Pichet was ABSOLUTELY SUPERB, his knowledge was outstanding. We were given a mobile phone for our stay so that we could stay in contact with our driver Khov, who did us proud in driving us around especially in the evenings to & from the Restaurants and Markets. Congratulation to all the staff for making our stay most memorable.

1  Thank TrishalAucklandNZ
Write a ReviewReviews (2,932)

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this option in Siem Reap based on the recommendations in Trip Advisor and the excellent inclusions they offer as part of their rate.

We were not disappointed! The Privilege Floor is on level 4 of the Borei Angkor 5 star Resort & Spa. You have your own reception, your own lounge where you can enjoy breakfast in the mornings. And in the late afternoons they serve cocktails & snacks. You have your own dedicated driver 24/7. Laundry service is also included. And a mobile with 30minutes of local calls is included to contact the hotel or driver if needed.

The staff also make this hotel special. They are so attentive & welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. They really are concerned that you enjoy your stay. They all learn your name too, and you feel bad as you don't always know their names!

We had a room overlooking the pool. Whilst the aspect was nice, the resident band could be heard through the glass verandah doors at night. We had initially thought it was bad karaoke. Thankfully they stopped around 10pm each night.

But seriously, would come back again. Hotel is very conveniently located to the temples, old market area and the airport.

The pool was a welcome relief every afternoon after our return from our temple excursions. There is a spa section to the pool with jets that give your legs a good pummelling after all the temple steps taken during the day. And then sitting in the bar overlooking the pool enjoying an ice cold Angkor beer was just what the Dr ordered. Especially when the beer costs less than the sparkling water!

We also splurged for some treatments in their Muttita Spa too. They had a special package on when we went - USD40 for a 100min session that included a back, arm, neck, head & foot massage. Basically it was like a full body massage. Be sure to advise if you have any sensitive areas (like knees for eg) as their massage style is nice and firm! I also did a facial and spa manicure. I fell asleep!! It was so relaxing. The products they used left my skin feeling supple and rehydrated. No redness either - simply fabulous. And they did an excellent job on my nails too.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank SonyaMuller
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Pros:
Excellent service and staff
Friendly hotel staff
Lots of extras included in the price

Cons:
This isn't a con I suppose but there are times when I want to just go back to my room without acknowledging anyone (avoid contact, walk briskly, etc). They want to check in with you every time you come off the elevator and make sure your needs are met. At times, for me at least, it's a bit too much.
The room was nice but I guess I expected a bit more for the price.

Siem Reap is a busy, dusty city with motorbikes, tuk tuks, bikes, cars all beeping and swerving in-n-out of each other At the end of your day it's nice to decompress at their pool and have a cold Angkor beer. They even drop it in a ice-bucket for you and keep them coming as ordered. One fault I did notice at the pool staff is that they don't seem to come around that much. I found myself going up and getting my own drinks at times. I might suggest a remote call button like the 4 Seasons in Koh Samui. When you have you headphones on and seriously working that tan, it's nice to be lazy and call someone over for drinks versus having to go get them. Other than that the staff and service at the pool was friendly and with smiles.

I have a tiny complaint about the room is the giant dinner table in the living room I just don't see the need for it when you could replace it with sofas or something to hang out in. I also get that there are several Asians that travel through this city and they usually like to cook/eat in the rooms, or so I heard. I just didn't like be relegated to my bedroom to hang out when i had huge living room that ,to me, wasn't functional in terms of comfort. Other than that, the bed was not the most comfortable bed I have slept in. It was a little to hard/springy for me.

I had a daily spa treatment included in the price. I took one massage and gifted another to a friend I met at the hotel. She loved hers and raved about it (called the 4-hands massage). I had a regular Swedish massage and didn't get the same experience I guess, It was just okay.

The breakfast buffet is also included and there are plenty of Western and Asian food styles to choose from. Food was fine at the hotel but I preferred going out for Khmer food. Victor from the 4th floor recommend 2 Khmer fusion restaurants that I would be happy to pass along. They are a little more expensive/upscale but I like that option every so often.

The reason why I am giving and overall 5 star review is primarily for the staff and service. Everyone there treated me kindly and I enjoyed talking with the staff. Some names of staff I'd like to recognize on the 4th floor were Judy, Alex, Victor and my tour guide "D". I very much enjoy spending time with the Cambodian people and would like to return one day. Do yourself a favor and spend some time talking with them. You'll get to meet some wonderful people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed at a number of five star hotels but this I must say does distinguish itself from the others. If you enjoy being pampered and serviced at your whim, book a stay here. Beginning with the pickup service from the airport, to the time they drop you off, everything is well thought out and taken care of for you.

The first night we were greeted with a bottle of champagne chilled and waiting for us in our room. We informed them that unfortunately, we do not drink alcohol so they promptly replaced it with some fresh fruit. Not a fair swop but I didn't complain.The breakfast buffet and cocktail hour were nicely presented in the adjacent lounge equipped with a piano for cocktail hour and a beautiful balcony where you can enjoy breakfast in the morning when it is not too hot. The lounge staff were all pleasant and quite attentive, especially Siam (hope I got his name right) who hustled about but always had time to ask if he could bring me another drink or refill my coffee.

For the duration of our stay, we were provided with a driver who would chauffeur us around to dinner, shopping, site see, etc. Our driver Mery was great, always smiling with a happy deposition, he made our drives through traffic a bit more pleasant. He was also very knowledgable of the surrounding areas and always got us where we needed to be on time. The only negative about having the driver was, that we weren't able to be totally spontaneous. They would ask to provide an approximate time for when we needed our driver. Not a big deal but thought it was worth mentioning.

I can't forget to give kudos to the team at the front desk, who were all very helpful
and attended you all our needs.

Overall, my stay at The privilege Floor was a nice one but I would give it 4.5 stars, only because I'm not someone who needs to be pampered and waited on hand and foot. I would have preferred nicer amenities in the bathroom, a more comfortable chair and ottoman, comfier slippers. Then again I might be nit picking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank cynsinnet
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Privilege Floor for 5 days. We thought initially that this may be too long in Siem Reap, however it proved to be just right. The staff are delightful and seem to be promoted on merit so they are incredibly enthusiastic. It can be a little overwhelming at times however they know when to step back.
A nice selection of breakfast choices and nice a La carte menu.
Once again it is the staff that make this place it comes highly recommend. I won't name anyone for fear of leaving someone out. Many thanks to all of you

Room Tip: Our room was on the pool side which exposed us to the rather annoying girl singing in the evening. T...
4  Thank 00A
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This a wonderful choice for a quality hotel in Siem Reap. We opted for the Royal Package and it was more than we ever could have expected. If this is how "Royals" are treated then it is pretty good! Everything was included; drinks at the bars, room service, food in the restaurants, tours guide, 24 hour driver .. just about everything a mere mortal would ever need.

The staff were wonderful. Anna, Say and the lovely Ms. Bunna stood out, but every member of the staff was friendly and wonderful. We always felt very welcome.

My only criticism of this hotel would be the room design of our Royal Suite. It consisted of a separate king size bedroom, large bathroom and a very formal dining room. It had a "wow" factor upon entry but there was no furniture on which to relax and from a western perspective, it would be much better to replace the huge (and mostly unused) dining room with some comfortable sofa's & coffee tables.

This a great and memorable hotel and we would not hesitate to return. Our first 555555555 review.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustininHT
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We spent 5 nights here and I wish we could have stayed forever. From the moment you check in, somehow the entire hotel staff know your names and will stop whatever they are doing just to give you a smile and a bow. You are only one of 20 rooms, so each guest is assigned a team of staff-members committed to doing whatever it takes to please you. They will keep up to date with your itinerary to make sure your driver is available whenever you wish. We were assigned the same driver for the entire stay, who truly treated us like family (Mr. Chiang spoke great english and was with us for every second we were not in the hotel to make sure we had everything we needed and got to see anything we wanted, as well as taking us to some Siem Reap hidden gems and locals-only spots). Free cocktails from 5p.m-7p.m is a great time to get to meet some of the other guests that are staying at the privilege floor while the cocktail staff are committed to getting you as drunk as possible on top shelf alcohol. Truly a 5 star hotel with 10 star service. I can't imagine there being a hotel with as good of service.

Room Tip: Every room is perfect, you can't go wrong.
1  Thank Eli M