“ Good option in Siem Reap”

Tom & Jerry Guest House
Ranked #183 of 268 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
“ Good option in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at Tom and Jerry and appreciated my big room with large beds and strong AC for only 10 usd (that's a really very good value so I rate them very good). Staff was kind too. I was on 3rd floor and it was quite quiet there. Did not try their breakfast. Moved to another hotel after first night only because i wanted to enjoy a swimming pool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Clichy, France
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

For 10 $ a night a clean and spacious AC room with private bathroom. Breakfast not included but available at reasonable price. No wifi in the room, only in the lobby but works well. Good value for money. Friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gateshead, England
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We didn't stay at the Tom & Jerry Hotel so let me state this from the outset here but we did pop in for a few drinks one evening after a long day visiting the Angkor temples. We were walking past and there were seats outside so we stepped inside. The chap we met from the hotel was excellent. Very friendly and accommodating even getting us an electric fan to keep us cool and was quick to serve us with a few cold bottles of Angkor beer to keep us refreshed. We were the only people sitting outside but had a wonderfully relaxed and pleasant couple of hours chatting with our host and just chilling. My wife even had a quick look at the rooms and said they were pretty good. And when we found out the cost we thought we may have missed a trick here. It seems pretty well located, not too far from the Pub Street area but tucked away in a quiet side street. So this review is really about the friendliness of the staff and how accommodating they were, or he was. Great couple of hours even though we weren't resident.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The staff here are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are big with comfy beds and quite cool for Cambodia just with the fan on. It's clean and rooms are cleaned daily. They have a nice little bit of a patio outside that you can have breakfast on and socialise. Internet was only accessible in the lobby and I would not recommended booking further travel through them as the company they use is run by cowboys. But other than that really good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my bf booked in for 3 nights and I thought the price was $18 per night for both of us which is in our budget but when I realised it was for the whole stay I was stunned! $6 dollars for 2 people is by far the best price for a great hotel. Massive room, big bed, clean towels everyday and such a good location. Loved tom & jerry!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for one night during my visit of angkor. To begin, the price of 9$ per night is rather fair. But the shower as it is does not exist. You have to take shower next to the toilet(what is pretty disgusting). There is no warm water(I didn't mind as it was obviously the hottest period of the year). When booking this hotel it was clearly mentioned that there is a hairdryer. Thus I left mine in bangkok to have a light bag pack.. Unfortunately they do
not have any hairdryers. There is an airco hanging in the room but you need to pay extra for the remote. There are no any facilities apart of toilet paper and towels. Wifi is free and only at the reception. Normally you could buy a breakfast at the hotel, however due to the Asian new year the cook was not present at the hotel during our visit. We had to go to the Main Street to find some breakfast. The hotel is 10-15 min walk till the pub street with bars, restaurants and night markets. There are plenty of massage salons on the way. Hotel offers tuk tuk services to visit angkor, I didn't ask the price as we already made an arrangement with the taxi driver from the airport. Although tuk tuk will cost you cheaper than a taxi, it might be quite uncomfortable to drive tuk tuk between the temples while it is wreaking hot in April:) The taxi to the hotel is 7$.
In general, we spent all days in angkor and returned only after sunset, thus we had only take shower and sleep some hours in the hotel. Some people visit one temple a day and return to the hotel for lunch and comfort, in this case I would take something more comfi.

• Stayed April 2014
Seang S, Manager at Tom & Jerry Guest House, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your comment.
I really apologist for that problem but I saw cos at our hotel if you booked with fan room pay with fan so you can not use the A/C. I think before you booked you must to check and check for clear information. During the new year all the place always close that why we don't have the food for you. The staff they go to see their family.

Many thank you.

Regard
Sovann
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Very affordable place to stay when in Siem Reap. My friends and I got the triple share room. Place was spacious, and has a nice balcony. The fake window was hilarious, too. Good distance from the markets, Pub Street and from the only KFC in Siem Reap.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends