“A value for money hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Im Malis Hotel

Im Malis Hotel
Ranked #288 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Singapore
“A value for money hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. We were greeted by very friendly staff on arrival and serve with cold drinks.
The hotel is quite cosy and elegant. The room is clean and the location to the central market, night markets and pub street are walking distance away.
Would strongly recommend it for your stay in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor if you do not like climbing stairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Choon Hock Roge... G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

It was one of the best hotels in value that i stayed in Southeast Asia! Great wifi, breakfast, hot shower, clean rooms, good and helpful staff. The manager really helped me when i needed! I recomend it for sure!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Lubase
Guiyang, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

This hotel has clean rooms ,friendly staffs,safe environment and convient location in Siem Reap.I think the price of the room is pretty.If you want to Siem Reap and Angkor ,I think Im Malis hotel is a good choose.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank raininggan
Tha Khaek
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel has clean, colourful rooms with good wifi, comfortable beds, and nice views over Siem Reap.

However, the service at this hotel is terrible: we stayed here for seven nights and, miraculously, something went wrong every single day: either the person at the front desk was rude or hopelessly incompetent, or the supervisor was grumpy, or the cleaning staff pounded on our door every fifteen minutes shouting “HOUSEKEEPING” while we were still in the room, yet the rooms to not have “Do Not Disturb” signs. Finally, the free breakfast was the worst included breakfast we’ve ever eaten, and the server brought us the same, incorrect order every single day – even when we brought our own muesli and only ordered milk.

The rooms are quite good, but the service here is genuinely off-putting.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Savun C, General Manager at Im Malis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Tha Khaek,

Warm Greetings from Siem Reap, kingdom of wonders.

I am glad to read that you have had a great time staying with us, Im Malis Hotel, Siem Reap Angkor Wat of Cambodia.

We would like to thank you very much for taking your time to share with us and our readers about your experiences. We do appreciate your constructive comments about our services, facilities, and staff at Im Malis Hotel.

We are very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our hotel clean with good to use internet wifi and nice views at Siem Reap Angkor Wat temple of Cambodia.

I am very sorry that you about my staff at front desk was rude to you. Same time, as english is our second language, certainly you may experience some ineffective communication in English with our local talents. However, so this is my new staff and no experience in the hotel industry and the first time too, I will try to train them to improve their English skills and the polite talking to all our clients during stay with us.

Allow me to share with you a few facts here, our housekeeping staff,normally they have to clean the room every day, if you don't want to clean your room, please kindly inform to our staff at frond desk, and our hotel has SIGNS OR DO NOT DISTURB too available all time, I wonder who were you talking?The hotel do not has SIGNS OR DO NOT DISTURB.

Also,our hotel breakfast to set menu such as: Orange/ Pineapple Juice, Toast/Bread , Friend Eggs/ Omelet/ Scramble eggs / Boil eggs, Jam and Butter , Bacon, Seasonal Fruits, Tea and coffee) our clients during stayed with us, they are said, so nice and lovely for hotel breakfast, by the way. I think our hotel price very cheap for you for the room rate, I can not serve breakfast the same 4 or 5 stars hotel, they are very expensive price.I hope you will be understanding the local hotel and over hotel too.

Once again, thank yo so very much for your constructive comments.

Best Regards,

The Management
BKK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is my first visit 2 Siem Reap. My friend has booked this hotel 4D3N. Freindly property with kind attitude team work staffs. Room rate is reasonable.
Location is pretty, About 10 Minutes walk 2 The Old Market. There are many native restaurants around the corner. Tuk Tuk Service located opposite.
My conclusion: If u like 2 experience Siem Reap. This is my recomment property.
Finally, Mr.Savan and his team are outstanding service provider.

Room Tip: I hv experineced a wonderful Tuk Tuk Driver Service. My driver has overload service attitude. Do n...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

It was a pleasant stay with an extremely friendly staff. I was treated as well as a 5-star hotel in America. The breakfast included eggs with smiling waitresses. I could not believe how happy these people were compared to the snarls received in America for 10x the price.

Value was fantastic.

Room Tip: Make sure you check on the upper floor if you are a late riser.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I needed a economy place to stay in Siem Reap for some business I had and found Im Malis on Agoda for an excellent price. I found the hotel CLEAN, the room was cleaned and made up every day I was there, never saw any Geckos (this is Asia) and even if they were there they eat Mosquitoes (again I never saw any insects). The breakfast was a little Spartan but plenty of hot coffee all day long if needed. The staff were friendly and helpful and arranged a good Tuk Tuk driver for my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business