“Impressed !”

La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #14 of 516 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It is not our first time at La Niche but it is still the same little paradise for a very decent price in Siem Reap (45$ In room 102). I don't understand how come they are not in the top 5 of the guest houses on Tripadvisor.

Garden is now grown and very nice making the place a real oasis. One thing though, it might be a good idea to have one of the staff patrolling around the swimming pool and the terraces after 9pm since some guests talk loudly or lesson to music while some other are very tired after a full day in the temples.

Service improved a lot, especially at the restaurant. Very professional and friendly, good quality, excellent taste.

But what stroked me this time is that the all staff honesty and quick response to my mistake: I checked out early, not fully awake and forgot my iPad, over 1200$ in cash and credit cards in the safe... I realised 3 hours later, almost arrived in Phnom Penh!

I called immediately the reception, they pass me the owner. After few minutes to investigate, the General manager called back and said that they opened the safe and found all of it! He organise to send everything back to Phnom Penh the same day. Very impressed... And happy!

Thanks for your kind and professional respond.

We ll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 29 November 2013

What a beautiful place- tropical gardens surrounding the large pool, extremely helpful staff and large clean rooms. This hotel was booked for me by another hotel in Phnom Penh so I wasn't sure what on expect on arrival, what a surprise! The staff couldn't have been any more helpful, giving lots of information and maps of the surrounding areas, printing my flight details and even providing breakfast for my sunrise trip to Angkor Wat (banana pancake mmm!). Only a few minutes by tuc tuc to the centre (markets an pub street), if I wasn't alone I would have always walked in. All in all the perfect abode for exploring the breathtaking temples!

Room Tip: Room 115 is spacious, on ground floor and tucked around the corner from the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mermaid_kelly
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel in the beginning of November when we were travelling in Vietnam and Cambodia and I shall say this was the most charming and beautiful hotel of all we stayed in during the trip. It is very clean, rooms are spacious and also very clean and I personally loved the design of the bathroom. Service was great and everything was wonderful. The only negative is the hotel is slightly far from the center of Siem Reap but tuk tuks are there for you just outside of the hotel and will get you to the centre for $1-2.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This is a very beautiful hotel set in a quiet street in the Wat Bo area but close to everything. The rooms are attractive, clean, cool and spacious and have a private balcony looking out over the pool--which is just lovely. .. tiled in blue and set in lush green gardens. After a hot morning temple viewing, you can swim and laze on the lounges in the shade. Bliss. The staff are helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast which is included in the rate is exceptional. Very highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank alexblinks
Reviewed 19 November 2013

2 nights, on Oct 31 and Nov 1st 2013. Delightfull hotel, so cosy and relaxing after the whole day spend in Angkor or waking back and forth in busy Siem Reap :-) I had room 106 on the ground floor with small private terrace hidden from the pool by luxuriant trees and plants.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the ground floor. You step out right in the middle of the lovely garden. Resta...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location about ten minutes to the centre of town. The rooms are well appointed and clean and the staff are super friendly - they even offered to prepare us a breakfast for our early morning to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat.

The swimming pool is nice after a busy day and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are good as they are adjacent to the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our group of four totally enjoyed our stay at La Niche d'Angkor. It has a nice tropical feel, rooms and beds were comfortable, laundry service and the infinity pool was a godsend after a long, hot day at the temples. Our highlight was the restaurant. We liked it so much we didn't venture out. The restaurant staff were LOVELY, serving us cocktails at the pool. They even made me up a special request for banana fritters! Try the pineapple or banana and peanut butter soothies.

We didn't have any problems with language barriers, and although the water in the shower was cold, it didn't bother me as the weather was so hot and I encountered this throughout Cambodia & Vietnam, both developing countries. I didn't notice any 'girls' visiting from outside :P... If anything it had a nice balance between couples and families.

Overall I would recommend treating yourself at La Niche.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a great view across the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends