“Great food”

Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An oasis for our guests and a safe place for our «family», the trainees and staff. Located in the heart of Siem Reap, but away from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street, we offer you a beautiful haven to relax and indulge. While enjoying a dish from our special selection of flavourful Asian and Western food – including some Swiss specialties and many fresh vegetarian tidbits – you are supporting our training programme and are thereby helping disadvantaged young adults to achieve a secure and independent future.
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere, good music and very friendly staff.

The food was delicious, great portions and varied.

Would recommend!!

1  Thank Abbas93

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We went to Haven on a Saturday night foolishly thinking they would have a vacancy, obviously they didn't, I tried to book the next night (Sunday), no they are closed on Sunday, so I booked the Monday and the only time available was at 5.30 pm. They opened the gates a bit after 5.30 and we were shown our table that we were to share with four others. I don't know how this all works, we had the table to ourselves for the entire time we were there and although I saw them turn people away there were many free tables available. The food however was good I had the Kymer Chicken curry and the chocolate cake. The curry was great, not hot but full of flavour and a great way to remember Cambodian food at our last dinner in Cambodia.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great concept, clever too. A restaurant is the perfect way to channel most tourists' intrinsic motivation of self-gratification to help the locals.

Food was prepared meticulously, but Khmer dishes were very much geared towards a Western palate and not entirely authentic. Nevertheless a good choice if you must eat in the less than desirable but convenient area of pub street.

2  Thank bubobun
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Loved this place. Such a great mission and they do an incredible job from both a service and food perspective. Be sure to call ahead as they are often booked far in advance.

1  Thank Douglas W
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stopped by this popular restaurant before their training session. The white guy I talked was not nice. He told me to back the table by 7. I don't know why that restaurant is having such high reputation. The food is average. Although other staffs are friendly, the one person who works at the front of restaurant is snobbish. Very much disappointed.

4  Thank Secom
HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2014

((I am sorry for this late reply. For personal reasons I was not able to reply to any reviews during the last couple of months. I am fully aware that it is really late to reply now and that you probably won't even see my answer anymore... But just in case you do: Thank you for your feedback and sorry for my delayed but no less sincere answer.))

Dear Secom, we're sorry about the misunderstanding, but the reason why my husband told you that the table needs to be free again by 7pm was, because we were fully booked that night. So when we have guests coming very early and we have enough time to squeeze someone in before the actual booking, we do this. Always. But of course this is connected with a time limit, which we need to communicate right at the beginning, to avoid misunderstandings.

I'm very sorry that you took this the wrong way and were so disappointed.
If ever possible, we would like to welcome you back again and offer you a better experience.

Best wishes,