“a truly beautiful hotel”

and 1 more site!
Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #126 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Angkor Sayana recently, and I have to say it was a wonderful stay. The hotel itself is very beautiful - a lot of wood carvings everywhere, and the decor is very Cambodian. And the room overlooked the river with its own little balcony. It was wonderful!

The breakfasts were fabulous - fresh fruit and eggs made to order, and also a local breakfast soup which was delicious. We had a meal in the restaurant too and it was great cooking. Local cuisine, but a good selection of western foods on the menu too.

I had several spas and massages. The massage ladies were incredible. Best massages I've ever had! And I was surprised at how cheap they were. Same kind of massage anywhere else would cost five times as much.

The staff were great - smiles all the time, and nothing was too much trouble for them. All up it was a wonderful stay, and it made our time in Siem Reap really memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
3  Thank jennifercluff_oz

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I recently spent 4 days at Angkor Sayana. What a fantastic new hotel. Extremely clean, great friendly service, an Aussie Operator/Owner. Service was excellent, food amazing and the service, second to none. Had such a great time. Will definitely go back and recomend to anyone wanting to visit Siem Reap.

The hotel is rated as 4 star, the service and the standard is definitely 5 star!!!

Excellent job guys and girls. Thanks for a fantastic time.

Justin

Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank justin w
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Our experience at sayana was fantastic. First of all the staff were all very nice and helpful. It was not about smiling or say hello all the time, they truly cared and listened to our need and tried their best to prove us with a solution. The staff of this hotel is a big plus.

We had a family deluxe which is connecting between a double and a twin room. The decoration was all wooden which really pleased our parent. The rooms were both very clean although smell a bit strange when you walk in. When the aircon is on for about 10 mins, then there is no smell anymore. There are nothing special about the facility but for what we paid - 121 usd nett gor 4 pax - it worth the value.

Most important thing is that we felt good after staying at sayana.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank NNNguyen
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I travel a lot in my business, and I'm fortunate to stay in some beautiful luxury hotels all around the world, but very few can compare to this gem of a place.

It's almost brand new, opening early in 2012, and yet it's not the beautiful and luxurious surroundings that impress, it's the incredible service. From the moment you step into the foyer, you are greeted with the warmest smiles from all the staff, and you are treated like royalty, or a rock star! Seriously.

My wife and I stayed for 10 days in mid April and it wasn't long enough. Daryl, the manager, made us feel very special, and helped with day to day itineraries. He's a great bloke and a terrific resource if you want advice on what to do.

The breakfasts are spectacular - apart from fresh fruits and cereals etc there are freshly made scrambled eggs, omelettes and espresso coffee - lattes, cappuccinos etc, and a wonderful local breakfast soup that they do. Beautiful!

The rooms are spotlessly clean and brand new - beautifully decorated - beds are firm and comfy and the rooms are very quiet. If you stay in a hotel closer to Pub Street it gets very noisy all through the night. Not at this hotel. It's very quiet.

The hotel is well situated, right beside the river and a pleasant 5 minute walk to the Old Market and Pub Street, and about a 3 minute walk to the Central Markets. If you're feeling lazy then it's a $1 tuk tuk into Pub Street. Nearby there is a good supermarket where you can buy water and snacks too.

Daryl is trying to establish his hotel as a "boutique" hotel and that's just what this is - every guest is made to feel special, and there is great attention by the staff to all details of your stay, from check in where you're seated on a beautiful sofa and given a refreshing towel and a "welcome" drink, to the staff waving you goodbye as you leave.

Any negatives? Only that my wife and I couldn't stay longer! Of all the places we've stayed in throughout the world, and we've stayed at some fancy joints, this is up there with the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - although all the rooms are spacious and beautiful.
3  Thank billbennettoz
Reviewed 22 April 2012

So before we booked our hotel in Siem Reap, I did a ton of research as there are SO many hotels to choose from. A whole gamut of choices exist Siem Reap --from $16 a night guest rooms to $700 night villas with private pools/butlers. We were in our honeymoon so while I wanted a nice hotel, I didn't want to break the bank either.

When I booked Ankor Sayana, there were few reviews as it was brand new, but because of its central location and quality of the reviews, I decided to take a chance on Angkor Sayana.

When we first arrived, we were greeted with a warm welcome by the staff who spoke impeccable English. They sat us down in the lounge area and checked us in a very nice relaxed manner. This was a plus, as the only other hotel that has done this style of check in for us was the four seasons Lodge in Lanai (Hawaii).

Checkin was a breeze (even though my husband forgot to print out the voucher). We were promptly brought up to the room. The hotel is brand new and decorated with becautiful Khmer-style carvings throughout the hotel.

The room was nicely appointed, clean and spacious. We were welcomed with a pair of beautiful Honeymoon towel swans and roses on our bed! We had a balcony that overlooked into the street and we didn't find it noisy at all. The bed was a bit firm but we got GREAT sleep the 3 nights we were there. We do agree with what one reviewer said that the room tended to be on the dark side (meaning not enough light).

The bathroom was new, clean. We noticed that we only had 1 towel, but another was promptly brought up when we requested. The hot water worked ok, but was very sensitive...in that if I was in the shower and my husband used the sink/toilet, the shower became hot really quickly.

We had breakfast each morning and the food was great! Good selection of fruits, pastries, noodle soups and even chicken rice porridge! Yum! They even packed us a breakfast bag when we went early for the sunrise in Ankor.

The location is great, a short tuk tuk ride to Pub Street or a 10 minute walk.

On our second day, we tried to use the laundry service with the understanding that it would be ready by the next morning, but it wasn't done and it took a while for the management to find our laundry. They did find it, but there was not enough time to do it so it was returned to us.

So in short, we had a great experience and at $69 a night This was A FANTASTIC deal. However, the hotel reports itself to be a 4-5 star hotel. At best this is probably a 3.5-4 star. So a good deal still, but I just want people to realize what they are getting.

Would definitely recommend this place to other people who are staying in Siem Reap. Also, If you are going to See Angkor, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend renting a car. I know that the norm is using a tuk tuk but believe me, after hours of hiking and climbing up temples, even a short reprieve from the oppressive heat (in an air conditioned car) is a great boost. We went with Rous who was excellent! We paid about $30 a day. He picked us up from the airport and he drove us EVERYWHERE! We even got to the far temples and he was such a great resource. This is his contact info and website:

Room Tip: Great breakfast. They offer a bag breakfast if you're going early for the sunrise at Angkor
2  Thank HoyaDoctah
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It is a perfect hotel. The staff is very very friendly and the location is great. The breakfast is delicious and with a lot of variety! I loved it!!

2  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed 18 April 2012

There are a lot of advantges in staying in a new hotel. They try hard, everything works and you can usually get a room at a fair price. This hotel is situated within walking distance to the best part of Siem Reap or you can take a Tuk Tuk if lazy. The hotel is very new and the staff are efficient and really try hard. The hotel is owner managed by an Australian who makes sure that everything is running smoothly and he understands the requirements of international travellers.
The room was extremely comfortable with quieter than most air conditioning and very good bathroom. I was happy here and would come back.

Room Tip: The better rooms are probably at the front.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business