Angkor Sayana Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
La Riviere d'Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Villa Um Theara(Siem Reap)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsold marketriver viewpub streetnight markettuk tukwithin walking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationsmall poolvisit to siem reapbeautiful hoteltown centrestayed here for nightsbreakfast was includedangkorcambodiamassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. Great location, friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere. Beautiful river views

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nigel_Flower
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is beautiful on the outside and has a wonderful staff. Now for some of the problems we encountered. 1- I stayed at a lot of hotels while in Asia and this hotel had such a small tv in the room I could barely watch it. 2- Amenities in the bathroom were something they shouldn't have even left in the bathroom. 3- I didn't have a river view room and the noise from the houses and other businesses that my window viewed was VERY noisy and kept me up at night. 4- The owner of the hotel who we had a confrontation with was very rude and didn't even want to hear our side of the story before yelling to his staff to call the police. If he would have just listened to what we had to say it more than likely would have all worked out. I own a few small businesses here in the states and the customer always comes first as the last thing I want is a bad review over something so small. It is a nice hotel with a wonderful staff but if you encounter the owner....good luck!!!! I stayed at this hotel with SeaducedByTheSea who also left a review.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dqfresh
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for just over a week. The staff are friendly and attentive and all the amenities are great. Rooms were comfortable and quite and the location is superb as you are close to the main area of town with all its shops and restaurants.
The Breakfast was probably not as varied as in some hotels I have stayed at but still had almost everything you could want. This is a new Hotel and the decor is very nice. Wifi was good and seemed to be available in most parts of the hotel.
The only issue I had with the hotel was to do with the pillows on the bed. They were too large and bulky for me to sleep on but this is just a trivial matter at best.

All in all A very nice and comfortable hotel staffed by some truly wonderful people.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Not a 4-Star hotel (maybe a 2.5 at best). Here is why: (1) Pillows are too firm and too large for sleeping. (2) TV is too small and far from the bed to see (should be a computer monitor). (3) Only 1 trash can in the room and need to walk to the bathroom every time. (4) All towels are folded into cute animals and left on the bed. Nice try, but I prefer my towels less handled and in the bathroom where they belong. (5) No pen and paper in the room. (6) The cheapest amenities of any hotel I've stayed in throughout Asia. (6) Now the bizarre... We encounter a confrontation after dinner when we brought our girlfriends back to the hotel and the night staff tried to charge us for bringing another person to our room. We refused to pay since we did prepay for a double-occupancy and asked the manager to discuss the issue in the morning. Our girlfriends were embarrassed as were I! The Owner came to see us in the morning and was extremely rude and confrontational. We never got to enjoy our prepaid breakfast and the situation was twisted out of proportion and the owner called the police when I insisted and showed the receipt for my 2-person per room charge that was paid in advance. All this transpired over a $10.00 fee! We all left in disgust and vowed to never return, but not before leaving our honest reviews in all travel publications in SE Asia. The owner is obviously inexperienced and not suited for customer relations.

Room Tip: Watch the double-occupancy fee and don't spend for the upgrade as the rooms are very similar and the cheap amenities are the same as in the standard room. Very inexperienced hotelier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank SeaducedByTheSea
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Angkor Sayana is a beautiful new building only being opened three months ago. It is well located across the bridge from the main centre of Siem Reap and walking distance to Pub Street, shops and markets.
The building itself is beautiful with timberwork throughout with lots of small details in the decor. The lobby is imposing with adequate lounges, two computer terminals and bar all opening into the restaurant on the corner. Through the lobby and bar access is gained to the salt water pool. It is not much bigger than a plunge pool but more than welcome after a typically hot Angkor day visiting the ruins.
The rooms are well appointed and obviously everyting is new and in good working order. Plenty of English language channels on the TV, however the wifi connection was a problem throughout our stay, the only time in a month in Vietnam and Cambodia. We met the Australian owner at one stage who bought in the IT person to fix the problem with no better result. However there are terminals in the lobby to check emails etc.
The real asset to this hotel is the staff. They are wonderful and will do anything for you. English is not great in all cases, I did manage to get deep fried ice cream when asking for a bucket of ice! But that aside they are great. The owner told us that it is policy that the 10% service charge goes directly to the staff, something that is not common in Cambodia, it is normally raked off by the hotel. Yes they need some further training but with the poitive attitude of the staff and management I'm sure it will work.
Breakfast was good, big range of food, hot coffee for a change and the food was also kept hot, very unusual through our travels so far.
All in all a very pleasant stay in a beautiful building with exceptional staff.

Room Tip: A river room would be good for the view, but could be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends