“Wonderful stay at Check inn Siem Reap”

Check Inn Siem Reap
Ranked #154 of 530 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I purchased a 3d2n deal with groupon and at first look, this place seems your typical B&B. But I was pleasantly surprised in my short stay.
First, the staff and Ms. Riya herself are great. They made me feel at home. The staff are knowledgeable of the temples and very attentive to my needs. Even though I found it difficult to understand the accent, I can tell that they put genuine effort to communicate with me. I'm very thankful for that.
Second, the room was adequate in size. It was clean and quiet at night. I seriously love the beds! The bedside lamp has a dimmer and the toilet was great. I was happy that they have so many channels on TV. They even provide hangers in the huge wardrobe and flipflops for toilet use. Wifi was adequate though I had to come out of my room since I stayed at the 2nd floor.
Third, breakfast was better than I expected. They serve fresh fruits too.
Lastly, the tuktuk driver was friendly and polite, took me to anywhere I wanted at a very reasonable price.Always offered helpful tips and cool water. :)
Overall, I was very happy with my stay and will highly recommend to friends.

Room Tip: If you are interested in body massage, just ask the receptionist. Room service massage was the best!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Riya2012, General Manager at Check Inn Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Cqdt,

Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for choosing to spend such a special holiday occasion with us!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay in the Check Inn Siem Reap, and that you had the opportunity to experience our legendary Cambodian hospitality. We very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Check Inn Siem Reap again in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

made a booking with Check Inn with a Groupon offer that I purchased previously. Did lots of reading on reviews done by previous guests in Check Inn via various sources. My experience turns out as well as what I have read if it is not better than them.

Employees attitude,
Due to being a solo traveller to Siem Reap, Cambodia, much of my time is more opened to know more locals and I'm super glad to have known some employees of Check Inn. They are so sincere and caring towards our needs. Also, they are happy to offer their help to introduce more local stuffs to us. More delighting, I had some good conversation with them and we talked about various topics.

Not to forget, I would like to thank Vireak, my tuk tuk driver for 3 days very much.
He is a kind employee that puts himself into the shoes of guest and make a nice tour arrangement with reasonable fare. Bravo!

Room quality,
Room is spacious enough. Comfortable with adequate basic room accessories. To add on to the excellence, Check Inn may consider installing at least one more plug to ease multi power plugging at one time and provide basic electric kettle / water boiler. I'm amazed with TV programs of up to 80 TV channels. To ease our time in searching our favourite program among all the variety, Check Inn may invest some time in creating a list of TV channels with their respective numbers to search perhaps. =)

Location,
It is comparatively a bit far from pub street and the market. However, fear not! They provide good bike with good dynamo light that lights up the road path for safety reason. Take some courage and tour the lovely town with free bike provided. It just takes 10 minutes to reach the main attraction area from Check Inn.

All in all,
It is a 100% satisfaction experience with Check Inn. Thank you, Check Inn!

I hope you and your employees are blessed with good health and luck!

Thank you.

A Malaysia solo traveller boy that learns a lot in Cambodia.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor for good wifi connection!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jiun92

Dear Jiun92,

Thank you for the rave review of your Cambodia's visit to the Check Inn Siem Reap!

We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were so glad to have knowledgeable, polite and helpful staff when visiting Siem Reap. It was our first time in Cambodia and we may have been lost without them. The Check Inn hotel is excellent value and the facilities are perfectly adequate. It is only a short journey in a tuk-tuk to the shops and restaurants. We have many great memories of our visit. Thanks to all at the Check Inn Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Oergell,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Check Inn Siem Reap in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Had a great deal of room package purchase frm groupon. Room were clean. Breakfast were superb. Staff are all friendly & helpful. Hotel location were near to Angkor Wat & War Museum.. Hotel Surrounding were very quite..suitable for relaxing.. Walking distance restaurant..

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fatimahrazak,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found the location and service of the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed in mid August 13 for a short stay of 3 days. The location was a bit out of the city center of Siem Reap but was worthy due to the excellent service from its staff. Besides, transportation around the city can always be done by bike or tuk-tuks. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I would like to thank Mr. Sothy and Mr. Vireak for making our stay so nice and helping us with everysingle question or request asked to them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear oscar r,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and it is our pleasure to service your travel needs. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and, together with the team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were met at the airport for a free transfer to Check Inn Siem Reap by a English speaking Tuk Tuk driver, Vireak, who also works as a receptionist for the hotel in the night. It is only a short 20 minutes trip from the airport. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Free Wifi @ fast speed, hot water for shower and most important very clean beddings. Staff are attentive and very helpful. They even helped plan our itinerary and we were lucky to have Vireak as our driver. Hotel is located within short tuk tuk travel to Angkor Wat, Night Market, Pub Street and the Old Market. As we like to have a taste of Cambodian food, Vireak even brought us to a Buffet BBQ/Steamboat eatery patronised only by the locals.
Overall, we find the hotel value for money and we have met friendly and humble Cambodians there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Eilyn_Tng,

We are all delighted by your comments and so pleased that your felt like you were amongst friends. It is always lovely to know that a guest has felt completely looked after during their time with us, everyone at the hotel prides themselves on looking after each and every one of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Check Inn Siem Reap for another moment of tranquility and calm.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We really appreciated all the kind of service provided and offered by the Check Inn hotel staffs during our five day four night stay. We would like to express our thanks to Vireak, Doeun, Chhoeun, Sotty and especially Ms Riya (The manager of hotel).

The reasonable and affordable room price.
Friendly and nice staffs with smiling face.
Offer us any help if we need like arranging transportation and every visit.

Overall , we are absolutely feel relax and enjoy our Siem Reap trip and have an wonderful stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear OngKC,

It was very good to hear that the hotel lived up to your expectations, and that the staff was “excellent”. Our team prides themselves on welcoming all of our guests with open arms -and we all hope that you will return to Check Inn Siem Reap before too long so that we can take care of you once again.