“perfect except for the service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gloria Angkor Hotel

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #121 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
New York City, New York
“perfect except for the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Look, I know its around 20 bucks a night (mine was 16.53 a night which is an outstanding price) but i think the mottoe that I learned being in cambodia for 3 nights was "niceness doesn't account for imcompetence). Everyone At the Gloria is SUPER nice. Super. But there were SO many things that went wrong with the service. From my driver who got a flat tire on the way back from Angkor Wat, to them trying to charge me for a 3rd night when i had already paid for it online (glad i still had my receipt to show them otherwise i would have had to pay) to there not being a tuk-tuk driver when you want it. To my laundry which was supposed to be done that night if you leave it for them in for the morning to not being ...anywhere until i had to press them for it and finally got it the next day at noon..only for my pressing.
there is also a pool you can use for 3 american dollars at a sister hotel if you ask but i didn't know that going in. Use it, as its a nice pool at the MANGO hotel. You can walk there if need be.

The rooms are gorgeous, the hotel is clean the A/c works perfectly the breakfast is not good, but yes they TRY to attend to your every need. the problem is they just don't attend very well. The front desk seems to be run by a bunch of kids trying to do their very best just not knowing what that is. If I come back to Siem reap i will not stay here again only because there are SO many hotels to stay at (this city is exploding and in 5 years it will be THE tourist destination to go to in SE asia i believe.)

So i am sure i just had a singular bad customer service 3 days but it just kept happening over and over I started to expect them messing things up.

Room Tip: high floor. Though they have double paned glass the tourists in the morning are thumping all over th...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brotherman60763

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I booked Gloria Angkor because it seemed to offer much of what we were after for our two day visit in Siem Reap. We had a delightful stay. Not only is the hotel beautiful and the rooms comfy, clean and spacious, the real catch is the hotel staff that will take care of your every need, greet you with the widest of smiles and generally make you feel like a queen. Free tuktuk rides, snacks, breakfast, free souvenier and what more with unbeatable price - This is the place to stay, look no further.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank allmillionpcs
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Gloria Angkor for 5 nights with a 4 day tour package and an extension of one night.

What I liked:
Clean and spacious rooms
Free ride to pub street in evening
Fast wifi
Complimentary massage and scarf
Free airport pickup and drop off
Complimentary breakfast though selection was confined to eggs, sausages, tomatoes, porridge, noodles and fried rice.
Tuktuk/Car drivers were punctual and would pick you up at specified time.
Bedtime story and turndown service.
Complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee.

What I disliked:
They forgot to pick me up at the airport despite confirmation they would do so via email.
Reception was not sure of my booking. Seems like the GM did not brief the staff.
Checkout took some time as reception was not sure what to bill me.
Though breakfast was to start at 615, in reality food was only fully served at 645. Dining hall was also full of mosquitoes in the early morning as the doors were kept open.
Not much dining options around the hotel so if you want food in the day, you have to pay 2 bucks to get to pub street.
Massage service is average. Better to have yours at Lemongrass Spa or Bodytunes.

All in all, if you are price sensitive and want good value for money, this is a great place. If you want to be somewhere convenient with amenities, this may not be so ideal.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mufimurphy
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Was met at the airport by our tuk tuk driver Mr Naza who turned out to be our driver for the whole trip. Check in was efficient and friendly and they gave us a welcome drink.
The rooms are clean and spacious and were cleaned every day.
Breakfast is ok...staff are friendly and attentive.
Free tea and coffee available all day.
Overall service is outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble. It was the kind of service I would expect in a 5* hotel.
Mr Naza our tuk tuk driver was simply amazing and really enhanced our trip.
I was apprehensive about booking cuz it seemed too good to be true with the price but I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Siem Reap. It's a real gem. Huge Thanks too everyone for making our stay amazing.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank aeroplaneboy
Kampong Thom, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I am well pleased with Gloria Angkor Hotel's service. The staff are very nice, very accommodating, and helpful. I am happy with the pick up service to and from Siem Reap International Airport... it helps me not to worry about my guests being picked up at night time.

Gloria Angkor Hotel will always be a good place to stop by anytime I'm travelling in Siem Reap province....

More power to you!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I decided on Gloria Angkor Hotel after reading all the reviews and the fact that were was only 1 review that was below "very good" had me very curious. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. This is a great hotel, especially for the price. Sure, the rooms could be cleaned earlier in the day (ours was cleaned around 6pm) and be given more towels but similar to what other reviewers have said, the tuk tuk service is what really makes this hotel excellent.

The hotel offers free pick-up and drop-off service at the airport. Not only that, you have a dedicated tuk tuk driver for your stay. Ours was Mr. Ly, who was super adorable and accommodating to all our requests.

The super cheap massages were also a great offer after a long day of walking at the temples. The best part is that you can request they come to your room so you can fall asleep directly after.

I read a review about the free breakfast before I arrived so I was skeptical but the breakfast we had was a really great variety so they either started offering better breakfast or we were lucky. Did I mention the free snacks that's available 24/7? Plus when we checked out, we were given a scarf as a gift too.

If I ever go back to Siem Reap, I'll be back at Gloria Angkor Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lisa C
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We booked 4 rooms in this hotel when we went to Siem Reap. The rooms are clean and they have friendly staff. they provide free hotel transfers and they offer low tuktuk rent for Angkor Wat and City tours. the location is great too. It is along the national road and its just less than 30 minutes away from the beautiful Angkor Wat. It is also near pub street, night market and other tourists sites such as the National Museum. I highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. and should i go back to Siem Reap, i will definitely book in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends