“Great Location and Excellent Service”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #140 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Our stay at Gloria Angkor was a great experience. The hotel is situated along the national road, the interiors and rooms are clean and the hotel personnel are very pleasant. I appreciate that they have a glass of cold lemon and towels ready for us after spending the entire day at the Angkor Wat. The breakfast buffet spread is delicious. The rooms are spacious and clean. The people are so accomodating, respectful and honest. Best value for money accomodation in Siem Reap. Higly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pachuchai

Reviewed 22 February 2013

After some research on TripAdvisor, I selected Gloria Angkor for my budget trip to Siem Reap. I had my apprehensions as the tariff was too good to be true and it was my first trip to Cambodia. Well, it turned out to be one of those situations where you get more than what you bargained for....

There was a small mix up and my hotel pickup from the airport was not available when I landed; I had to take a taxi to the hotel. Barring this, the whole stay of 4 days (my initial plan was to stay two days and then move to another if the stay wasn't good !; but I extended it to whole 4 days) was extremely pleasant. The hotel is a little away from the Siem Reap city center (about 2 km on National Highway 6) but that is no issue with as many tuktuks as you want at $2 per trip. Hotel has their own tuktuk at the entrance. The hotel is clean, rooms are large and pretty comprehensive in facilities for the tariff- including a mini bar and a bath tub ! The breakfast buffet spread is limited but more than sufficient. The restaurant which is open till 10pm serves tasty local and asian dishes; it also has a nice cosy little bar. The internet works and I could Skype all over without any issue.

But the best thing about Gloria Angkor is its staff- Kim, the General Manager and his assistants will ensure your stay and visits to the Angkor sites are effortless and pleasant. They go out of their way to make each guest feel special - and see that you get all your needs promptly arranged ! Mr. Brach from the hotel took me around in his bike and that made it so easy for me to visit all the attractions in Angkor and around without feeling any strain. Kim and Brach took me to some nice Khmer restaurants/bars for some very enjoyable nights- difficult to find and visit on your own otherwise !

All in all, I have only one problem now - how to stay in any of the other nice hotel in Siem Reap when I make another trip !!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My friends and I stayed at Gloria Angkor for 7 nights, and we were all shocked with the good value and service. As others have said, the staff are nice and attentive. The free breakfast was great and convenient for people like us who took drivers from the hotel for tours in the morning. The location is nothing special, as it's far from the temples. Pub St and the markets. However, their free night tuk tuk meant this wasn't really an issue. Most people tackle the temples in a tuk tuk anyway.

I didn't enjoy the lack of a sheet as well as a quilt for the bed. I personally found the quilt too warm, even with the AC. I can't say we had any issues with incompetency as others have mentioned in their reviews. The only problem we had was when one of the tuk tuks was asked to pick us up at a specific time from Pub Street but didn't show up. Fortunately, one of the other tuk tuks from the hotel took us back instead. Mosquitoes didn't appear any more prevalent than other places we went to.

Oh, we also had no hot water in the shower. However, I'd like to mention that none of us minded (we really enjoyed cool showers after the temples) so we never mentioned it to the staff. Unfortunately we forgot to mention it when we left too (sorry whoever gets our triple room next!). We just didn't feel the need to change rooms for something none of us cared about at the time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aleatz
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The staff of the hotel is very nice, but, really, incomptent, as noted by others. It would be a longwinded rant to describe all the ways in which this manifested, so i will skip it. The bottom line, however, is that the hotel itself and the rooms are very nice, and for 25 bucks a night, you can't really complain too much especially if you curb your expectations early on

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IgorSlv
Reviewed 14 February 2013

A bit far east of town on the way to Rolous, the hotel is clean and basic, with professional staff at reception who speaks good English. They need to do more pest control as mosquitoes were rampant and little lizards were crawling around in the restaurant. The food was good though with very reasonable prices compared to Pub Street. TV selection was excellent with way too many international channels to choose from. Wifi was also fast. Bathroom needs a bit more updating. For some reason, there was a hole with a pipe at the bottom of the wall near the toilet where water dripped and flowed to the floor drain - I never figured out where that water came from.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank hkg2009hkg
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Look, I know its around 20 bucks a night (mine was 16.53 a night which is an outstanding price) but i think the mottoe that I learned being in cambodia for 3 nights was "niceness doesn't account for imcompetence). Everyone At the Gloria is SUPER nice. Super. But there were SO many things that went wrong with the service. From my driver who got a flat tire on the way back from Angkor Wat, to them trying to charge me for a 3rd night when i had already paid for it online (glad i still had my receipt to show them otherwise i would have had to pay) to there not being a tuk-tuk driver when you want it. To my laundry which was supposed to be done that night if you leave it for them in for the morning to not being ...anywhere until i had to press them for it and finally got it the next day at noon..only for my pressing.
there is also a pool you can use for 3 american dollars at a sister hotel if you ask but i didn't know that going in. Use it, as its a nice pool at the MANGO hotel. You can walk there if need be.

The rooms are gorgeous, the hotel is clean the A/c works perfectly the breakfast is not good, but yes they TRY to attend to your every need. the problem is they just don't attend very well. The front desk seems to be run by a bunch of kids trying to do their very best just not knowing what that is. If I come back to Siem reap i will not stay here again only because there are SO many hotels to stay at (this city is exploding and in 5 years it will be THE tourist destination to go to in SE asia i believe.)

So i am sure i just had a singular bad customer service 3 days but it just kept happening over and over I started to expect them messing things up.

Room Tip: high floor. Though they have double paned glass the tourists in the morning are thumping all over th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank brotherman60763
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I booked Gloria Angkor because it seemed to offer much of what we were after for our two day visit in Siem Reap. We had a delightful stay. Not only is the hotel beautiful and the rooms comfy, clean and spacious, the real catch is the hotel staff that will take care of your every need, greet you with the widest of smiles and generally make you feel like a queen. Free tuktuk rides, snacks, breakfast, free souvenier and what more with unbeatable price - This is the place to stay, look no further.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family