“Good hotel, responsive management”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #123 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Good hotel, responsive management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with my parents during a 4 day trip to Siem Reap. The room ( number 106) was nice and spacious, with functioning A/C, hot water and a great shower. The food at the breakfast buffet was simple, but good. Hot tea and water were always available free of charge. The hotel arranged for a tuk tuk pick up and drop off at the airport. We were also able to easily get a tuk tuk each night (free of charge) to head to the night market. We arranged our own taxi to visit the temples and didn't make that reservation through the hotel.

We did have one negative experience during our stay. My mom and I took advantage of the massage facilities in the hotel. We left all our valuables in our room with my dad, and just took $15 with us to pay for the two treatments and tips. Unfortunately, that money went missing at some point during our treatment. However, as we were checking out, we notified the manager of the incident and he immediately reimbursed our money. We were very pleased with the responsiveness of the manager, Mr. Kim.

Things to improve in the room: add some shelving in the bathroom, closet and room; add an extra trash can in the room; add a towel rod or two in the bathroom.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Royston, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The place is clean, spacious and the staff are very friendly. They even provided a free early evening tuck tuck service into the town. Our only complaint was the restaurant really isn't up to scratch and would advise eating out. Access to Angkor Wat is about 20 minutes. Bottom line is that this place isn't amazing but it does offer great value and I'd use them again.

Room Tip: There isn't a lift so you might prefer the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Our stay at Gloria Angkor was a great experience. The hotel is situated along the national road, the interiors and rooms are clean and the hotel personnel are very pleasant. I appreciate that they have a glass of cold lemon and towels ready for us after spending the entire day at the Angkor Wat. The breakfast buffet spread is delicious. The rooms are spacious and clean. The people are so accomodating, respectful and honest. Best value for money accomodation in Siem Reap. Higly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pachuchai
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

After some research on TripAdvisor, I selected Gloria Angkor for my budget trip to Siem Reap. I had my apprehensions as the tariff was too good to be true and it was my first trip to Cambodia. Well, it turned out to be one of those situations where you get more than what you bargained for....

There was a small mix up and my hotel pickup from the airport was not available when I landed; I had to take a taxi to the hotel. Barring this, the whole stay of 4 days (my initial plan was to stay two days and then move to another if the stay wasn't good !; but I extended it to whole 4 days) was extremely pleasant. The hotel is a little away from the Siem Reap city center (about 2 km on National Highway 6) but that is no issue with as many tuktuks as you want at $2 per trip. Hotel has their own tuktuk at the entrance. The hotel is clean, rooms are large and pretty comprehensive in facilities for the tariff- including a mini bar and a bath tub ! The breakfast buffet spread is limited but more than sufficient. The restaurant which is open till 10pm serves tasty local and asian dishes; it also has a nice cosy little bar. The internet works and I could Skype all over without any issue.

But the best thing about Gloria Angkor is its staff- Kim, the General Manager and his assistants will ensure your stay and visits to the Angkor sites are effortless and pleasant. They go out of their way to make each guest feel special - and see that you get all your needs promptly arranged ! Mr. Brach from the hotel took me around in his bike and that made it so easy for me to visit all the attractions in Angkor and around without feeling any strain. Kim and Brach took me to some nice Khmer restaurants/bars for some very enjoyable nights- difficult to find and visit on your own otherwise !

All in all, I have only one problem now - how to stay in any of the other nice hotel in Siem Reap when I make another trip !!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

My friends and I stayed at Gloria Angkor for 7 nights, and we were all shocked with the good value and service. As others have said, the staff are nice and attentive. The free breakfast was great and convenient for people like us who took drivers from the hotel for tours in the morning. The location is nothing special, as it's far from the temples. Pub St and the markets. However, their free night tuk tuk meant this wasn't really an issue. Most people tackle the temples in a tuk tuk anyway.

I didn't enjoy the lack of a sheet as well as a quilt for the bed. I personally found the quilt too warm, even with the AC. I can't say we had any issues with incompetency as others have mentioned in their reviews. The only problem we had was when one of the tuk tuks was asked to pick us up at a specific time from Pub Street but didn't show up. Fortunately, one of the other tuk tuks from the hotel took us back instead. Mosquitoes didn't appear any more prevalent than other places we went to.

Oh, we also had no hot water in the shower. However, I'd like to mention that none of us minded (we really enjoyed cool showers after the temples) so we never mentioned it to the staff. Unfortunately we forgot to mention it when we left too (sorry whoever gets our triple room next!). We just didn't feel the need to change rooms for something none of us cared about at the time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aleatz
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

The staff of the hotel is very nice, but, really, incomptent, as noted by others. It would be a longwinded rant to describe all the ways in which this manifested, so i will skip it. The bottom line, however, is that the hotel itself and the rooms are very nice, and for 25 bucks a night, you can't really complain too much especially if you curb your expectations early on

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IgorSlv
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

A bit far east of town on the way to Rolous, the hotel is clean and basic, with professional staff at reception who speaks good English. They need to do more pest control as mosquitoes were rampant and little lizards were crawling around in the restaurant. The food was good though with very reasonable prices compared to Pub Street. TV selection was excellent with way too many international channels to choose from. Wifi was also fast. Bathroom needs a bit more updating. For some reason, there was a hole with a pipe at the bottom of the wall near the toilet where water dripped and flowed to the floor drain - I never figured out where that water came from.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo