“Fantastic hotel with amazing service! (Especially from Mr. Nith!)”

Gloria Angkor Hotel
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic hotel with amazing service! (Especially from Mr. Nith!)”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Gloria Angkor from August 27th-30th, 2014, and loved every bit of it! All the hotel staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome. The facilities are very clean and new, and the food at the restaurant was also amazing. Most notably, our tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Nith, was FANTASTIC! He took us around the entire time we were in Siem Reap, from Angkor Wat to Tonle Sap lake, and to the markets in between, and was always very friendly and always gave us information about the sights we were passing. He truly went above and beyond the duties of a tuk-tuk driver. We will always remember our stay at Gloria Angkor because of Mr. Nith and all the amazing staff we met! Thank you!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WinnKu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We initially contacted the hotel directly after looking at their website and booking.com and was met with a quick response with a deal of $25 a night. We had originally booked 3 nights and ended up staying a week.

The hotel is beautiful with lovely features from gorgeous carved wood including the stair railing. The pool was fab and you can order drinks/food there too.

The price included breakfast which was delicious and had excellent choices from croissants, eggs to noodles. The restaurant for lunch and dinner were well priced and tasty though some things like salads small portions.

The rooms are good size and the bed/pillows lovely and comfy. Great free wifi everywhere and an added bonus a free tuc tuc from 6pm-10pm every night to the main area (night market/pub street).

All of the staff were lovely and most spoke good english however if they didn't they would quickly find someone to help.

The hotel really went above and beyond for me, I had my birthday while at the hotel and not only did they give me a scrummy strawberry sponge cake and fruit basket but also a bottle of wine all for free. They deliverd to the door and sang happy birthday too. I was made to feel so special it was lovely.
They also gave free turn down service where you get a lovely bed time story and a free silk scarf apon check out.

On top of this when we booked the extra nights we were given complimentary full body massage which is traditionally more like a sports massage so I upgraded mine to oil massage for only $4. The massage lady's were very professional and the massage was great.

All in all it was a fantastic stay, they really made us feel welcome and gave so many lovely personal touches and although I'm sure there are posher hotels around I wouldn't have stayed any where else.

Thank you Gloria!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank joandrik
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in Gloria angkol hotel. slightly located away from busy streets, so I could stay relaxed during my stay. I ate dinner at hotel restaurant for 3 days also, tastes were very good and prices were affordable. (not as cheap as roadside restaurant) I met one tuk tuk driver named Mr. Nith, He is very trustable gentleman and he took me wherever I wanted to go with his decorated tuk tuk. His English is good and functional but please help him study more English.
If you will book this hotel via their website and stay 3 straight days, you can get free full-body massage($10).

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Far_east_man2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This is a brilliant hotel and for an unbelievable price. The room was very clean and cosy with fresh fruit and everything you need. The service from staff was of the highest quality and the hotel
deserves a much higher star rating. They arranged a tuk tuk driver to take us round the temples and a coach to Phnom Penh for excellent prices. I will definitely stay here again and so should everybody who visits Siem Reap.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Seb198
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I was recommended gloria angkor hotel by a fellow traveler so I sent an enquiry and got a prompt reply back letting me know every detail including my airport transfer. My plane was late and I could only notify the hotel half an hour before I got here and they were more then welcoming. All the staff here are fantastic, I was here for 5 nights and every interaction I had was grand. The room was very clean, I received fruit every day in my room, a complimentary bottle of red to top it all off. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, they have made it a highlight on my month long trip through se Asia!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Antony R
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Staying in Siem Reap for a couple of nights, I chose Gloria Angkor based on the reviews, which didn't disappoint. For a very fair price, there's a great range of services (spa, pool etc.) and spacious, clean rooms which provide a great place to unwind after a day of temple-exploring.

It's slightly outside the centre of the city, but a free tuk-tuk service in the evenings will get you where you need to go. A particularly helpful driver, who also offers knowledgeable tours, is Mr. Nith (081757478).

A particularly good choice for families and couples.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The service at this hotel is amazing! The staff always want to make sure we are having a good time, whenever we returned from a day out they would greet us with a cool drink, we were given free fruit and sweets everyday plus a free tuk tuk service to pub street in the evenings, plus a big buffet breakfast, we could not believe how much we were getting for our money. The pool was so clean and great for swimming-we spent a lot of time here. Although the hotel was about a 10 minutes drive from the main area of Siem Reap, that really didn't matter, tuk tuks were an average of $2 anywhere in the town and then $4 for the further destinations like the temples. The bathroom did have some damp on the ceiling but that really wasn't an issue considering everything we were getting for such little money. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple