Siem Reap Bat Hotel
US$94
US$92
US$188
US$105
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$214
US$195
US$173
US$148
US$144
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 February 2013

After taking the night bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok...hopping onto another bus from Bangkok to Poi Pet, haggling with the numerous moto taxis/shuttles and buses at the Thai/Cambodian boarder...finally reaching the Bat Hotel was a huge relief! If my cell phone had worked in Cambodia, I could have arranged transfer from the bus stop to the hotel, for free. But, it didn't, so I hoped in a tuk tuk, one of the many in Siem Reap, and found my way to the hotel. I was met at the front door by one of the staff members who offered me a cold drink and a moist towelette. The check-in process was super easy. The staff actually conversed with me while I sat on their couch sipping on my drink...where I was from, why I came to Siem Reap, which was very rare on my month long travels through Cambodia and Thailand. By chance, I was standing in the main lobby and Sophea, the GM, asked me if I would like to join her and two other guests from the hotel for dinner at the local Cambodian night market. I was glad I took her up on her offer. The meal was fantastic! Super Friendly Staff! The rooms are a good size and clean. WiFi works as advertised. Air-con is cold!!! Location to Angkor Wat is great! I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The stuffs here are very helpful.Expecially the tuk tuk driver called Chann.He is good at English and very helpful.So does Sophia (the master of the hotel)! We've just booked a single room.But the hotel serves us a double room with anything you want,like the slipper,water and so on.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel 10-15 min from the airport and 5-10 min from the Old market. All the staff, with GM Sophia in charge, were excellent. Got something cold to drink when I checked in. Helped me with my trip to Koh Chang, Thailand.

Free pick up service with tuk tuk from the airport and to the Old market. My driver, Mr. Chann Khoem were excellent! Had him for my big tour around the temples too. Very nice and polite, and driving calm and safe. Even drove me to a local pub in the evening to show me the local side of Siem Reap. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

There are mixed reviews regarding better service if you book the tours through here. We did and it was a good service. Our guide had guided heads of state ( so was highly regarded) and he knew his stuff. I had spent ages reviewing guides on TA forum and then trying to get a driver. All that hassle for what . the hotel organised it and they do it a lot better.( we got to speak to our guide on the managers phone to ask him why we should take him and also to make sure he spoke good english)The breakfast isn't huge ( they will make you an early breakfast box for sunrise tours) lets not forget this is not a 5* 3 times the price hotel. It is an above basic fairly clean ( slightly dusty surfaces) place. The important bits like clean bedding / fresh towel & hot water are provided. It's location is not to close to town but on the flip side it's closer to the temple . The tuk tuk is free to town and 2$ return . Call that 1$ per way for easy maths. Perspective please. My only complaint about the place would be that there are a lot of mozzies in the hall ways and a few in the room . There are no nets provided and no where to hang your own. That said management did spray regularly. We also spent 20 clapping the air like mad things and got rid of nearly all of them. Overall pleased with our stay for services and accommodation . Oh and one last thing the pick up service from the random bus drop of points took a huge hassle out of the final part to our 8 hour bus journey. It's the little touches like that that make the difference

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Fantastic friendly hotel in downtown Siem Reap. Perfect for using as a base to visit the amazing Angkor Wat temple complex. Rooms are basic but clean and have free wi fi and TV. But all you really need is nice hot shower at the end of a busy day. Sophea the manager was so helpful and made our visit such pleasure. Nothing was to much trouble from sorting currency to booking taxis and hotels. Highly recommended. Long live the Bat!.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends