“good value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siem Reap Bat Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Siem Reap Bat Hotel
Ranked #195 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Latvia
“good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Location is far from center but rooms are ok (for 15USD per night). I had some problems with service and so did other people that I met in the hotel. I arrange a tuk-tuk for my guided tour to Angkor Wat the night before and remanded the reception stuff about this next morning before breakfast, but when I was ready to leave, I was told that I have to wait some 45min because no tuk-tuk was available, so i ended up leaving almost 2h later then planned (and arranged). That just wasn't nice. And i got no apology or explanation... they just didn't care. But once tuk-tuk arrived, it was a very nice tour with a great driver/guide!

But overal it was a nice stay and if they pay more attention to service (get more responsible and welcoming reception staff) I might stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Not my first stay. This time booked in advance with notice i would arrive. Well the Tuk-tuk was waiting, driver waiting with sign with name, all very clear.
Arrived, good room as booked and free breakfast. The english has certainly improved.

Good bed, Good Wifi, Good shower (warm water was actually managable, not a choice of hot or cold only) and free breakfast,

Ticket for the bus ok, pickup service worked this time. All good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ger08061959
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

After taking the night bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok...hopping onto another bus from Bangkok to Poi Pet, haggling with the numerous moto taxis/shuttles and buses at the Thai/Cambodian boarder...finally reaching the Bat Hotel was a huge relief! If my cell phone had worked in Cambodia, I could have arranged transfer from the bus stop to the hotel, for free. But, it didn't, so I hoped in a tuk tuk, one of the many in Siem Reap, and found my way to the hotel. I was met at the front door by one of the staff members who offered me a cold drink and a moist towelette. The check-in process was super easy. The staff actually conversed with me while I sat on their couch sipping on my drink...where I was from, why I came to Siem Reap, which was very rare on my month long travels through Cambodia and Thailand. By chance, I was standing in the main lobby and Sophea, the GM, asked me if I would like to join her and two other guests from the hotel for dinner at the local Cambodian night market. I was glad I took her up on her offer. The meal was fantastic! Super Friendly Staff! The rooms are a good size and clean. WiFi works as advertised. Air-con is cold!!! Location to Angkor Wat is great! I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

The stuffs here are very helpful.Expecially the tuk tuk driver called Chann.He is good at English and very helpful.So does Sophia (the master of the hotel)! We've just booked a single room.But the hotel serves us a double room with anything you want,like the slipper,water and so on.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Göteborg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel 10-15 min from the airport and 5-10 min from the Old market. All the staff, with GM Sophia in charge, were excellent. Got something cold to drink when I checked in. Helped me with my trip to Koh Chang, Thailand.

Free pick up service with tuk tuk from the airport and to the Old market. My driver, Mr. Chann Khoem were excellent! Had him for my big tour around the temples too. Very nice and polite, and driving calm and safe. Even drove me to a local pub in the evening to show me the local side of Siem Reap. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013
DEVON ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

There are mixed reviews regarding better service if you book the tours through here. We did and it was a good service. Our guide had guided heads of state ( so was highly regarded) and he knew his stuff. I had spent ages reviewing guides on TA forum and then trying to get a driver. All that hassle for what . the hotel organised it and they do it a lot better.( we got to speak to our guide on the managers phone to ask him why we should take him and also to make sure he spoke good english)The breakfast isn't huge ( they will make you an early breakfast box for sunrise tours) lets not forget this is not a 5* 3 times the price hotel. It is an above basic fairly clean ( slightly dusty surfaces) place. The important bits like clean bedding / fresh towel & hot water are provided. It's location is not to close to town but on the flip side it's closer to the temple . The tuk tuk is free to town and 2$ return . Call that 1$ per way for easy maths. Perspective please. My only complaint about the place would be that there are a lot of mozzies in the hall ways and a few in the room . There are no nets provided and no where to hang your own. That said management did spray regularly. We also spent 20 clapping the air like mad things and got rid of nearly all of them. Overall pleased with our stay for services and accommodation . Oh and one last thing the pick up service from the random bus drop of points took a huge hassle out of the final part to our 8 hour bus journey. It's the little touches like that that make the difference

• Stayed January 2013
Brockdish
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Fantastic friendly hotel in downtown Siem Reap. Perfect for using as a base to visit the amazing Angkor Wat temple complex. Rooms are basic but clean and have free wi fi and TV. But all you really need is nice hot shower at the end of a busy day. Sophea the manager was so helpful and made our visit such pleasure. Nothing was to much trouble from sorting currency to booking taxis and hotels. Highly recommended. Long live the Bat!.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends