“Perfect location for day trips and night life”
Review of The Moon Villa

The Moon Villa
Ranked #140 of 325 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to "Pub Street". I had read that it is best to stay in public areas at night; and as I witnessed, it is quite dark when you leave these areas. This hotel is just a block from the "action" of Pub Street - important as I found little for a tourist at night in Siem Reap. Drinking and music ALWAYS fills this void. Dance clubs, indigenous dance shows, pubs and outdoor restaurants readily available on Pub Street.

Very good availability for tours to the ruins as well as a few hours (no more needed) for a tour of the floating village on Tonle Sap Lake. Both areas are within 30 minutes of the hotel; I recommend both.

The hotel was very unexpectedly clean, well maintained with EXCELLENT staff. Breakfast terrace on the roof was a remarkable plus. Cost of course very low for the excellent service provided. Room very clean with air conditioning (appreciated!) and breakfast excellent with a nice selection of fresh fruit.

Room Tip: I had an excellent 2nd floor room on the corner overlooking the main and side street. I like to thr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dean r

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The location of the hotel is very strategic and easy to locate, just opposite of Pub street, walking distance to Old Market and also near to night markets! Yet it was quiet during night so you can have a good quality of sleep after tiring tour to Angkor! There are food stalls, restaurant and 24hrs convenient shop around. Our room was big, with 3 single beds and my brother can even do his breakdance move in the room, but the room without window (attic room). All staffs are very friendly and willing to assist us.

One thing that I think can be improve is the communication (emails). I did emailed to the hotel 2 days ago before my arrival to confirm my booking (booking through Agoda) and request for airport pickup which offered by hotel (stated in Agoda website). However, I did not receive any email reply (checked my email just before boarding on flight) so I order a taxi service from airport on my own expense. During check in the staff told me that they did sent staff to airport for my pickup. On the last day, I have to pay for the tuk-tuk (5USD) to airport, as they offered "FREE ONE WAY PICKUP", and that my first day pickup (which I didn't take the taxi/tuk-tuk which arranged by the hotel) was considered as the free service. It would be just nice to reply your customer a simple email (after my email sent to the hotel, it auto-replied that hotel will reply within 24hours which I didn't receive any).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Right smack in the middle of action but isolated enough from the noise and ruckus. And my god, THAT BREAKFAST! So simple, a piece of sausage, a piece of ham, but their breads simple but are so soft and warm that it really makes my morning. A real bang for the buck.

Only thing I didn't like was the water supply. It badly needs filtering as it smells strongly of metal. You reek of metal the whole day and it stinks up the room. The triple room we stayed it could also use some declogging, and if they can spare a little budget, install a window or two. Good thing none of us were claustrophobic.

The assistance was superb. They arranged all the tuk tuks and tours for us. And then, we checked out at noon but our flight wouldn't be for another 9 hours, and they let us use the 1st floor room for free for that whole afternoon! thank you so much!

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms on the third floor. No view, or worse, no windows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank suman_monster
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The location was great. It was just a few steps away from the night market, old market, and Pub street. The staff was very accommodating and generous. The bathroom just needs some updating. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The service was very good but not excellent because the staff did not speak good English but they allowed us to make local calls to restaurants and hotels for free. They were always happy and pleasant. Also at night were is a security guard, which makes you feel extra safe.

Nicely decorated room. Had a luxury feel to it. Rooftop restaurant where I had a lovely breakfast for only 4 dollars! I have put up a photo of this.

2 minutes walk to Pub Street (lively place with clubs, bars and restaurants). There is a laundry place around the corner, great competitive prices. We paid 1.5 dollars per kg for washing and drying.

Tuc-tuc is the best way to travel around. WiFi works well but no computers at the hotel. Plenty of internet cafes, laundry places and spas nearby.

Worth the money and was 20 dollars a night for 2 people! I would definitely advise anyone staying in Siem Reap to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Phanna and his staff were very nice indeed and catered to all our requests with kindness and consideration. The room was neat and clean the breakfast very nice in the restaurant on the roof. Only detractions is the restaurant hawkers across from the hotel who keep at it till the wee hours. A luggage rack would be very nice Phanna. Otherwise a delightful experience and near the restaurants and pubs.

Room Tip: ask for one with a window
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I booked online and had no trouble. I contacted the hotel and the arranged a tuk tuk to pick me up at the bus station, so that was one less worry for me. I arrived at the hotel was checked in with no fuss and the room was large and clean (it smells delicious after its cleaned each morning!!) the bed was super comfortable and the aircon was very affective.
The staff are all lovely, but Kosal at reception is delightful, always ready to chat and always willing to help in any way - he organised bus tickets, tours and laundry and always asked how my day/lunch/dinner was.
Just a quick walk from pub street and the markets made it a great base to come and go from. Also if you need a visa just duck next door, the guys there are very helpful!

• Stayed: June 2013