“The best service I have EVER had at a hotel, at any price!”

Sidewalk Never Die Hotel Siem Reap
Ranked #148 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Diego, California
“The best service I have EVER had at a hotel, at any price!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

These people are nice, down to the core nice. To start off, I mixed up my arrival dates, and after waiting at the airport for me, they happily showed up the next day when I actually arrived. No complaints, just smiles. They checked me into a spacious clean air-conditioned room, accompanied me to the bicycle store and helped me negotiate a good price on my bike, and even filled up my tires one night while I slept.
Breakfast was substantial enough to get me through my volunteer mornings, and there was often the offer of a beer or something from the grill in the evening.
When it came time to check out, I had a bit of a snafu, and they bent over backwards to help me out and make sure that I got to the airport on time. I can guarantee that the service they provided to me would never happen anywhere else, period.
I will definitely return, and if you are looking for a good hotel with FANTASTIC service at a great price, look no further. Thank you one and all for such an exceptional experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank goodwincrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

great place friendly staff, they will look after you and your friends, great at english and can organize things with a minutes notice, Great boss he will look after you!

you have to be cautious in most places in south east asia and for good reason but i felt at home here as soon as i got here! Come meet the people stay and have fun

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Angus A
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Friendly staff, clean and tidy rooms cleaned daily. Breakfast is included (mostly a selection of eggs) very good English, wifi included (or computers if you don't have a device). There are a few tuk tuk drivers friends with the hotel staff who speak very good english and know where most things you're looking for are. The location isn't bad, about a 10 minute walk from the little city centre of shopping and dining but far enough away to be quiet. I enjoyed it, no complaints.

Room Tip: The fans are good so (unless you're from a very cold place) you probably don't need to buy a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank StephJ94
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say that everybody in this review has not already sad,I am a very skeptical person and when we arrived, I just said to myself stay one night then cheek the rest of the area out, I woke up in the morning and the friendly reception I revived was overwhelming.the bed I slept in the night before was amazing the best I have slept in on my 4 month stay in S E Asia.the help I received from all the staff was excellent so what more could I ask for. I decided to stay for a few nights.they just make everybody feel so comfortable.Da has become more than a host he became a Freind and so did many of lads.Have a drink with the boys too and I promise you will be laughing all night,There english is good and there humor is better. Just keep smiling lads and all your hope will come true. Love this place...........

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Fjtj12
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had stayed at side walk hotel for 3 night.i like so much for their hospitality.they help me with booking bus to Phnom Penh.the price for the room only 25$ per night.the hotel very close to night market and pub street.if you looking for place to stay in Siem reap.I highly recommend this place to you.

• Stayed December 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed there few days and it is a place to be recommended. Good value for money, nice atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff and owner and nice pool. This place is in walking distance to night market. You can also find some nice restaurants around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Me and my friend arrived at the hotel and were greeted with very friendly staff. Our room was spotless and spacious! The hotel owners were always very friendly and helpful, and able to arrange tuk tuk drivers to various sites such as Angkor Wat at a very good price :) I would recommend 'Chen' as a driver! all in all I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family :)

• Stayed November 2013