“Absolutely wonderful”

Apsara Centrepole Hotel
Ranked #128 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I am checking out of Apsara today and I really don't want to leave - it is heaven here. I never write reviews for hotels but on this occasion I will make an exception because it really is exceptional. From the moment we arrived we have been so well taken care of - the staff are unbelievable helpful, from helping to arrange massages, tours, transport and anything else you could possibly want. The food is superb and the location unbeatable. Right in the centre of Siem Reap, you are only one minute from the centre but when you are by the pool it feels like you are in a (luxurious) completely remote part of the country. This hotel honestly deserves five stars. I will most certainly be back. We stayed on the second floor in one of the larger rooms and it's like any five star room I have stayed in. A particular mention about the super helpful manager - Borey - who made our stay absolutely wonfderful.

Room Tip: We stayed in B8 and I think it's one of the bigger and nicer rooms (although possibly a bit nosi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank orlaoc

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed at the Apsara Centrepole for 6 nights in February and I really enjoyed my stay there. I can´t recall that I´ve ever encountered more friendly staff at any hotel, anywhere. At the reception they were really helpfull with inquiries and setting up bookings. And the nice lady in the reception even came out one morning and waved goodbye as I took of in a tuk-tuk for a tour I had booked. And oh, yes like a previous poster has mentioned: the coffee is just great!! In fact the best I came upon in SR. The Apsara Hotel was my first port of call in Cambodia and I left the hotel with a big smile on my face and a great first impression of Cambodia and the Cambodian people.

Room Tip: First floor rooms comes with access to a balcony (shared)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KristianCopenhagen
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and the location was ideal as it is close to the night markets and pub street without being too noisy to sleep. The staff were keen to assist with any request and really keen to ensure we had a comfortable stay. We enjoyed a day round the pool which was a well kept area but would have benefited from staff coming round a bit more often for drinks and food orders. The pool area was quite small and would have been adequate had it not been for the agreement that customers from a local guest house to use the facilities also, which made it a little crowded and noisy at times. Our room was on the first floor and we found it to be well maintained. Overall perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kascrofton
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Apsara Centrepole Hotel is a beautiful 19 rooms boutique hotel in Siem Reap. Every corner is full of details and lotus flowers. The pool area is awesome and the restaurant very nice, we had two time meals lunch and dinner last weekend at the hotel. You can lay on a giant swing while enjoying a great meal. The menu has oriental and occidental dishes, each and every one I tried was delicious.The staff receives you every time at the lobby with cold towels for your hands and a smile, a great well coming smile..... will stay their again, when my family visit us.

Room Tip: first floor would be more nicer
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had a very good stay in this hotel. Rooms are nice and clean with a shower room separate from the toilet, which I like. The bed is super comfy with clean white sheets. Our room airconditioner didn't work well on the first night but the hotel staff gladly lent a fan for our use. Even with a broken airconditioner, we had a good first night. They immediately fixed the aircon the next day.

We had a small miscommunication with the concierge in arranging an extended last day stay. They have different people manning the concierge in different times of the day. So when asking for anything - room arrangements, extensions, etc. just make everything very clear. And remind the staff every now and then.

Service is good. Food is great (try their pumpkin custard with coconut ice cream)! And best of all, the hotel is located a stone's throw away from Pub St., the Old Market and night market. Lots of convenience stores and spas around the area too. Everything's just a few steps away. And don't forget to try Haven, right across the hotel. They serve really good food.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donnacher
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, probably the BEST service I ever had. Clean, comfortable and spacious room with modern shower. With the size of the hotel, it's incredible they have everything to meet our needs, especially the swimming pool, it's amazing. Perfect location, pub street is just across the road. Spas, convenient store, bicycle renting shop, money changer and anything you could think of is less than a minute to reach. You wouldn't feel like you are in the middle of the centre since the atmosphere is so peaceful and relaxing. I'll definitely stay here every time I visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Renee JW T
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Love this hotel. Its small and comfy but it has a neat little charm to it. Rooms are nice clean and well put together and the staff is super attentive and friendly. When we checked in they had welcome and my name spelled out on the bed in lemon grass that was pretty cool.The staff was also a great help in finding a tuk tuk driver or making reservations for dinner etc... The location was great too just across the street from the main bar street and night market but just off to the side so it wasn't so noisy. Cute little pool in the back that was perfect for jumping in after a long day climbing the ruins. The breakfast selection is a little lacking but the custom made omelets and noodle soups to order make up for it. This is definitely the type of boutique hotel hidden gem you'd be looking for in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple