“Good location & pleasant stay”

Apsara Centrepole Hotel
Ranked #127 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A small and cozy hotel located in the old market area, the famous pub street and night market are just a minutes from the hotel, very convenient for dining and shopping. The great point is yet, the hotel room is quiet, large and comfortable.In overall, hotel facilities are well maintain. We enjoyed the swimming pool very much. Breakfast is open door style, cook upon order so it was hot and fresh.

As of opportunities for improvement, I think the hotel should improve on the communication hand over among staffs. There were 2 cases that I noticed on their miss communication, first one was I sent email to cancel the airport pick up but the information as not pass down to the tuk-tuk driver ; Secondly, I booked the hotel with the rate of $63 per night but during check-in it showed $65. Of course for both cases were just a small mistake and the staff rectified the mistake soon with good response. So, in general we had a pleasant stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend balcony super deluxe room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel is in a good location if you want to be near pub street and the night markets. It does get pretty noisy, but not as noisy if you were staying on pub street ( the hotel is off one of the roads off pub street). When we arrived at the hotel we were given our welcome drink, which was nice after a hot and sweaty ride! They sent a tuk tuk to pick us up which was great. Anyway we were trying to have our welcome drink and one of the staff just bombarded us with the Angkor wat tour they wanted to sell us. I found this highly annoying as we had just arrived and we were being already getting a sales pitch. So I asked if we could tailor the tour to what we wanted to do, and we didn’t get much information. This seemed to be typical of the staff at this hotel, it seemed that they trained to say a few lines to all the guests and when questioned were asked you would just get a blank look. The prices they charge for the tours are far more higher than what you could get by hiring your own tuk tuk and at least you can go at your own pace. The hotel were nice enough to accommodate my request on having a room on a higher floor, (the ground floor is noisy as the rooms are near the reception area). The room itself was ok, quite clean. The bathroom could have done with a bit of sprucing up. i was informed by the hotel that if we wanted to see sunrise at Angkor Wat, they would kindly prepare a packed breakfast. So I asked them the night before if they can have breakfast ready for 4:45. I went there at 4.45 and was asked to wait 15 minutes! I said we couldn’t as we still needed to get our tickets to the park and we didn’t want to miss sunrise, to which I got the response that I said 4.45 so what does 15 minutes matter. I thought it was rude and bad customer service. The next day we had breakfast at the hotel, again it’s hard to communicate with them and if you ask for something different you get a blank face. The bread and croissants were stale and cheap tasting, the coffee was good. Yes the staff are friendly and smiley, but I just found them too staged. We were only here for three nights, but I just wanted to get out of that hotel for some reason.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor, as the ground floor can get very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Saintlysinner
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a gem of gems in the boutique hotel arena. Beats any of the "chain" 5 star hotels in Siem Reap. An oasis in the heart of the busy downtown area. Very short walk to most of the tourist attractions, Pub Street, Old market, Night Market, Riverfront etc. Arrange a tour of Angkor Wat, Tonle Sap Lake, Floating Village.....They will do it for you...no scams.
Staff is most impressive, friendly and speak good English. Phanit, front desk associate, was exceptional and could not have been better at making the stay very enjoyable. Ask for him, He is outstanding with customer service. He is the reason for the 5 star rating.
Fair price for the value received. Have a good trip.

Room Tip: Small hotel and usually booked in advance, so plan ahead if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It's the great hotel near everything. The have the pick up service from airport and I got
the warmest welcome from receptionist phanit and his friendly staff. It's near pub street night market old market. The room are clean and food is great. They made all arrangements for my tour of the Angkor wat and the other temples.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Noel C
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The GM Ms Saradin was really helpful and staff friendly too, clean hotel too. The hotel is centrally located with easy excess to shopping and pub street and plenty of choice in food. The hotel is small enough for easy excess and can make friends easily with other guests too

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool is good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I just spent my first week of November touring around Siem Reap and I found this hotel of my best stay. Staff are pretty nice and friendly led by one GM woman Mrs. Saradin Ly who's very professional with great experience I may say so, and I was warmly welcomed by her and the staff working there and I was offered with good services during my stay.
The room is pretty nice and clean with good AC and well furnished, the bathroom is neat and hygenic with hot water and well equipped. I really enjoyed staying such a nice little hotel, and I also loved the meal I was served in the restaurant with wonderful foods and drinks and also the cocktail is lovely. There are many shops, pubs and bars surrounding this hotel so I could just simply xwalk back and forth buying stuff out there.

I would further reccomend for other travellers to stay and experince with this hotel as I just did and it's also worth for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Visale
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I cannot fault our three night stay here. It was a pleasure from the moment we were picked up at the airport by our driver Piab. The staff went out of their way to ensure that all of our needs were met. The food in the restaurant was amazing. The laundry service was quick and reasonably priced. The hotel is in a perfect location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013