“Excellent location friendly staff”

Apsara Centrepole Hotel
Ranked #127 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights in March and we were on the verge of booking a resort hotel which was out of town when I checked out it's location and decided it was to far from town. I used google maps to find a hotel that is close enough to town but not on the main street and came upon this hotel based on it's location and reviews. How fortunate - location was prefect for our needs and at a cheaper price as well! As we were out all day visiting the sights we just needed a comfortable room to come back to. This hotel ticks all the right boxes and I would highly recommend it when visiting Siem Reap.
PS eat the restaurant 2 doors away, Cambodia traditional chef restaurant (see separate review)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tango-alpha

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a little wary bringing this hotel to more peoples attention. My travel plans changed at the last minute. I wanted to stay longer, unfortunately the hotel was fully booked. So my advice is to book early!
I guess some people already know how lovely this place is! Fairly new hotel, great location - walk to everywhere, markets, pub street, night market banks etc. Even with its central location, noise was not a problem.
I often say in my reviews that a place is as good as the staff who work there, and the staff here are wonderful! Each staff member I met was kind, efficient and professional. The little touches like the welcome message on the bed, to lessons in folding lotus flowers, to my full teapot of tea at breakfast every morning shows that they have a genuine interest in their guests.
I would prefer not to mention specific names of staff in case I left some out accidentally, but my thanks to each of them.
The terrace suites are lovely, so is the relaxing pool area.
The chef needs a special mention, as the food was tasty and well presented. The choice of four set menus for breakfast and other choices were a great idea! The dinner I had there was most enjoyable as well!
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank travelmumSydney
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here in a double room with balcony for 2 nights during my visit to Siem Reap. The rooms were priced at about USD80 per night. Located just a minute away from the happening Pub Street, the hotel is also extremely clean and comfortable.

A tuktuk was arranged to pick us up at the Siem Reap International Airport; sending us straight to the hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly staff which checked us in. While waiting, we were served with some refreshments. The staff brought us to our room which was extremely clean and comfortable.

Due to the short stay, we didn't use the pool etc. Breakfast was remarkably good. There is a wide variety of choices.

A great place to stay in Siem Reap!

Visited September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynlynlynlyn
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It was fantastic...the room was lovely and the welcome sign on the bed was very special. The pool was always quiet and a great place to sit and relax surrounded by lovely tropical vegetation. We had a room on the second floor with terrace front and back which was lovely, quiet and spacious. The staff were absolutely fantastic - so helpful, friendly and kind. We ate at the hotel a couple of times and there was not many vegetarian options on the menu, but it was no trouble for staff to adapt the menu to accomodate us. The terrace was also a lovely place to sit. I am now in Sri Lanka and still missing this hotel !!!
From reading previous reviews we were a bit concerned about the noise but it was not a problem at all.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars a night and ask for a room on the second floor with terrace front and back...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It is very seldom that hotels get thing perfectly, in every possible aspect. Well, Apsara Centrepole accomplishes just that. From outstanding rooms to impeccable facilities (the pool and breakfast terrace, to name a few), attention has been given to every single detail. The hotel's greatest achievement, however, is its personnel. From Mr. Borey the manager to the restaurant and cleaning staff, every one there seems to be vested in offering customers the best possible experience.

The outstanding service began with check-in and was consistently amazing, attentive without being intrusive, and at all times completely genuine, a rarity nowadays. The hotel offered convenient pick-up from the airport, and the tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Sarath, booked for Angkor Wat, a consummate professional.

Kudos to everyone working at this hotel and many thanks for an unforgivable experience. Please do yourself a favour and stay here while in Siem Reap!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrice B
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel from Feb 16th to Feb 19th and booked it through Agoda.com. My cost included breakfast and an airport pickup (though I used mine to pick me up from the Giant Ibis bus terminus).

The hotel is excellently located in the heart of town, literally 30 seconds away from Pub Street. Amazingly, you couldn't hear the noise from the street despite being so close to it. The rooms are huge with walk out terraces/balconies (a welcome message with my name was spelled out on the bed with leaves which was a nice touch after a long 7 1/2 hour bus journey from Phnom Penh!). The door locks with a normal metal key and lock (no electronic key card system).

There is a really nice swimming pool in the back to relax in (not big enough for doing laps).

The staff were extremely friendly and extremely courteous - greeting me with a bow and palms pressed together. They truly outdid themselves when I had accidently left my headphones in reception on my way to the airport and they managed to call the tuk tuk driver to take me back to the hotel to pick them up. They also arranged a small breakfast box for me to take with me to Angkor Wat at 5a.m. so I wouldn't be hungry - another excellent touch.

Wifi was available throughout the hotel and the large flat screen TV in the room had loads of English language channels.

What stops this from being a 5-star rating is: 1) The aircon was too small for the room and didn't cool it properly; 2) No breakfast buffet - there was only a set breakfast with bread, juice and fruit; 3) There is no door on the shower, so the whole bathroom gets wet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was hotel a real find. Stayed here for 3 nights in a balcony room and we were very comfortable. Having read some of the reviews that it can sometimes be noisy, we asked for a quiet room, and there was no noise at all (or we were too tired to notice!). The pool with recliners was delightful to come back to after a hot day at the temples.
Very friendly and helpful staff, extremely clean and great amenities.
Small note: We got laundry done at the second laundry place a little further down the road to the left - it was returned in plastic bags clean & folded but luckily we took it out to repack and found our clothes still quite damp- so would not recommend going there.
Opposite the hotel is the training restaurant- Haven- don't miss the opportunity to have dinner at Haven- book ahead as soon as you are checked in to the hotel as it gets very popular.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple