- great location. Close enough to town, yet just out of the hustle and bustle.
- staff are so friendly and helpful. Their English is excellent. They booked everything for us with a minimum of fuss. They even organised my tuk tuk pickup from airport under pressure (2hours before) as I forgot to do in advance.
- welcome drink and cool towel and arrival nice touch. They made us sit in comfort to relax while dealing with passports and check in.
- lovely colonial era decor and furnishings. Great indoor/outdoor flow.
- breakfast tip: have the Khmer rice porridge option with chicken. You haven't lived until you've tried it. Squeeze the lime and put the mint in too.
- on two nights during my stay, the neighbouring beauty/massage parlour female staff decided to have what only sounded like a screaming competition outside close to midnight, waking me from my sleep. Not just one, but about 10-15 of them for about 2 hours. It was the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. While outside the remit of the hotel security guard stationed outside the hotel, it would have been advisable if he had asked the annoying women to go indoors or move along. It was relentless. It affected what was otherwise an amazing stay.
However, I would return. Would advise you ask for a west facing, above ground floor room based on above con. The hotel is north facing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 19-room 3.5 star colonial-style boutique hotel is located in the exciting central old market area of Siem Reap City, just 2 minutes walk away from Pub Street and the night markets. The hotel is about 7 km from Siem Reap Airport, 15 minutes drive to Angkor Wat and 20 minutes drive to the floating village at Tonle Sap. All rooms and suites feature en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning and many other modern conveniences to make guests feel at home. The hotel offers 24 hour front desk, restaurant and lounge bar, swimming pool, free Internet access, tours desk, free pick-up for direct bookings, ticketing services, daily housekeeping, massage and laundry services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apsara Centrepole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.