“had a great experience”

Ranked #188 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Francisco, California, United States
“had a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Me and my friend were greeted at the airport by a driver that was subscribed to us in phnom phen and then taken immediatedly to this hotel. The staff were very friendly, spoke good english and helped us in every way. This was THE BEST hotel we stayed in during our trip to different parts of thailand, and different places in cambodia. Everything was clean, pool was clean, room was very clean, and spacious with nice wooden furniture and comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom with a large tub to soak in. The reception area was nice with free internet usage and the staff found me the best deal on a last minute flights when I needed. Hotel was very accomidating, even in the late hours of the night. The restaurant was great and gave a lot of good food, so dont order too much! I would highly recommend this place to anyone and would DEFINITELY go back. Transportation is always available in front. Beautiful place. Thank you!

Room Tip: as far as i know all of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris A
Chansathya, General Manager at Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Mr. Chris,

Many thanks for leaving a review on Tripadvisor as recommendation, we are very happy to meet you and Mr. Daemen at our Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel.

Hopefully, we can service both of you and your other friends, family and relatives in the next shortly future.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Sathya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

A shame the hotel is ok and the staff nice and welcoming but the management is very poor. We staid 3 nights in this hotel and 2 nights without electricity because the management didn't invest in a power generator. they were not even able to provide with a torchlight... The rooms are pretty clean but very noisy as you could hear dogs barging at night, neighbours taking and people walking in the corridor. The breakfast was very average even on the third day when the electricity was back, not much choice and the orange juice was some kind of chemical powder...
We've asked for a rebate as we had to spend 2 nights in the room without light, aircon, tv... but the management didnlt want to hear anything about it which was absolutely poor form. At the end, there were a lot of confusion and we ended up paying only 1 night out of 3 by mistake so it ended up ok. There are many good hotel in Siem reap in the same price range so I would not recommend this place because of the bad management.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Chansathya, General Manager at Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Value customers,

We regretted to hear that all of you were disappointed during your stay at our Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel because of power supply as in that day the electricity through out Siem Reap province was cut off instantly, so during the first night we did not prepare the generator on time by giving candles instead to all customers until the second night we did have electricity using from our own generator( you have not stayed with us for the second night and all your stuff were kept in the room). We have not charged during your stay away because we did contact to the online booking company to cancel your reservation for the last two nights without any charge for late cancellation.

Thank you so much for your advice for improvement our place and service.

Hopefully, we could service you once again in the next shortly future and you will be happy during your next stay.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely Yours,

Kan Chansathya

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The structure is not bad, but they have no organization. I booked a double room, but on my arrival I 've received a twin, not so big, for sure not what I expected for 40$, but this wasn't a problem for me. What I've hated were the false information given to me. As the hotel is far from the center, they said to have private tranports for free, not true! I took 4 times the tuc tuc from the hotel, and I paid 3 times! 2$ per way.The last time I changed hotel. At 7 am after breakfast I was going to Angkor but out of the Hotel there were no transports! I asked to reception and after 30 minutes they called a tuc tuc from the street, but they did not pay for it. So at my arriving in downtown with suprise I have discovered that I need to pay!
I stayed there 1 night and 2 days, most of the time we stayed without electric POWER! Doing everything in the dark!
The receptionists are not helpful, they make surchanges on everything from buses to motorbikes, The hotel is far from everything and the services they offered are not true. 40$ for what? After just 1 night I was angry and for the same price I went in a wonderful hotel. DON'T GO THERE

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunbear1988
Chansathya, General Manager at Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Value Customers,

Thank you so much for your time writing review on Tripadvisor about problem happened during your stayed with us.
Let me clarify each problem happened since you checked in until you checked out as below:

We sincerely apologize about your booking as we had a problem with our booking system with room assignment and the solution we could change to a double room in the next day, but unfortunately you checked out the next day.

About the transportation, we offer one way drop off to the town per day only (old market central market, pub street night market), starting from 7 am till 10 pm. For using that service the customers need to inform to our front desk in 10 to 15 minutes before going in this season because sometime our drivers are busy with transferring other customers to the town too. Differently, for other transfer to other places beside the town such as Angkor Wat temple are excluded in our service.

During that period (3 March 2013), we did have electricity both public electricity and our own generator, it was not a problem with black out.

Anyway, we would be grateful for improvement our service from your advice and we are trying all our best to service all customers during their stay at our Siem Reap Evergreen Hotel.

Hopefully, we could service you, your family and friends in the next future and you will be happy during your stay next time.

Sincerely yours,

Kan Chansathya

Brechin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Great little hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean. Great value for money!!!!
Helpful booking trips and arranging transfers!!!
Would defiantly stay here again if I go back to Siem Reap!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a little way away from the centre of town, it was peaceful and very relaxing. Nice pool. It had very friendly staff who were more than happy to help. In fact it was my partners birthday and they bought up a beautiful cake to celebrate as a surprise. They assisted in organizing tours and transport,as well as a flight, even though it may have been a little expensive the flight. A great all you can eat breakfast with omelets made in front of you. Nice big clean rooms. Big beds too.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

We booked triple deluxe room for our 5 nights stay in Siem Reap;
Deluxe triple rooms are big, clean, have a big closet, big bathroom, look like in the pictures;
Nice pool, tiny garden;
2 computers with internet you can use near the reception area;
Restaurant opened untill late;

Staff is helpful, they speak good English;
We were picked up on arrival at the bus station by tuk tuk;

Cons:
Far from city centre, but, if it's acceptable for you to take tuk tuk downtown it's not that inconvenient;
No restaurants in the area, to eat dinner out you have to go downtown.
Breakfast and restaurant could be improved;

Overall, a quiet and relaxing, affordable and clean place to stay, but nothing extraordinary or memorable about it;
I would reccomend it and stay there again.

One more thing to add: on the bus from SR to PP, I had money stolen from my bag right there on the bus; I had the money in the bag which I was keeping at my feet;
I didn't realized they were missing until next day, the thief didn't take the wallet, just the money. Therefore, be very very careful, and keep an eye on who is sitting in the chair at your back !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed 4 nights.
Excepted some problems with hot water (we didn't have hot water all day long but we have to find the right moment), all services were quite good.
Quiet, room very clean, Good services, good help, prices negociated with drivers (all accommodations in 5 minutes with tuktukdriver for 2$), and the swimming pool is really nice. Perfect regarding to the price in siem reap.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple