“need mosquito nets or screens on windows”
Review of VIP Star Hotel

VIP Star Hotel
Ranked #365 of 501 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Friendly wonderful staff; really need mosquito nets or screens on the windows. Get bit all night long by mosquitoes. Watch out for your feet--mosquito attack... Makes it hard to sleep! The staff and guys at the front desk are super--thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OmahaJim
There are newer reviews for VIP Star Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel located as good as it gets in 'central' area of Siem Reap. Room is fine for the money....provided free pick up from the airport on early morning arrival. Good value at 15usd,but told might be better ones out there. Agoda booking service a bit iffy....kepp locking me in for 2 nites when i kept saying only one nite (ans wouldnt log in my specific date, it kept trying to book me on a different date). Same issues with botels.com....saying no rooms available at this location on my date...hahaha.....only one or two others staying there during my stay....will never use hotels.com again...i think they were trying to up sell me to higher priced hotel !

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank renoguy1346
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Touched down in siem reap after 14 hour bus delayed from kampot. Me and girlfriend went to four other hotels within our budget all booked. Grudgingly stayed here as had room however was steep at 16 dollars. Mould everywhere tv nearly blew up receptionist had to have new tv put in plug socket didnt work was worst night sleep especially breathing in humid mouldy air. Shame really as staff seemed so nice.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank adham123
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Just eaten dinner here - really bad stir-fry with dry chicken, stodgy rice. We did enjoy the power ballads playing in the background though. Staff seemed nice enough but I would avoid eating here. We didn't really feel like VIPs. Good location.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank James7778
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not under good maintenance, they dont have hot water, which in the website they mention it.. they said that the hot water isn't working, if the buy the machine, its so expensive.. they said in front of me, which I'm one of their guest..
Bad light, too dark.. bad towel.. aaarrgghh..

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Mucil
Reviewed 27 January 2013

After four weeks in Cambodia and a little less than a week to go on our 1-month vacation in the country, I realized I had very foolishly spent more money than I should have and was left with around $100USD for the rest of the trip. So here we were back in Siem Reap to finish it off but I needed a place to stay that wouldn't force me to become a "lady boy" to survive. My sister and her fiance already had their hotel booked up in advance so they didn't have to worry about accommodations. As it turned out, we came back on a busy week-end where basically every hotel in town was fully booked so I found myself driving around on a Tuk-Tuk for about half an hour looking for a hotel (or even a guesthouse) that had vacancies. Lucky for me, we found this hotel located just a short distance from Pub Street―which was the perfect location since I wanted to spend our last days in Cambodia partying and drinking every night.

We were greeted by the manager who told us that they had a last-minute cancellation and that they would be able to accommodate me. What a relief. He had an employee take my luggage up to my room and after negociating with him a little, I was able to talk him down to $15USD a night for 5 nights.

The room was equipped with a large A/C and was surprisingly very clean and spacious. The bed was big and comfortable and the bathroom was just huge. The TV had cable and the wifi connection was fast and stable. On my 3rd night, they offered to upgrade me to a room facing the street with a balcony. The whole staff was incredibly nice and friendly (as was everyone in Siem Reap really).

I really can't stress enough how amazing the location was. I was on a tight budget so every day I would just go down across the street and grab some fried rice (for $1.00USD!) at one of the many sidewalk restaurants on Pub Street.

Overall, VIP Star Hotel is possibly the best quality/price ratio in Siem Reap as far as hotels are concerned. If you're looking for a basic but clean room in a good location then this hotel is perfect for you. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vantha S
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Hi,

This is a very easy review. Run by a friendly Chinese Cambodian this place is slap bang in the middle of where you need to be in downtown Pub Street, located fractionally to the left of the main thoroughfare.

There is no pool, no lift, no in room safe, no breakfast. It has a pay per order cafe on ground floor. Rooms are functional. What is has is an adequate clean basic room with en suite shower and toilet. It also has LOCATION stamped all over it and for the price of $15 USD a night.

It is central, convenient for all those wishing for a base and to make their own plans for temples, restaurants, sightseeing etc. No hassles, no pressures to push anything on you such as tours etc.

It is what it is, basic. clean, functional decent sized rooms with coffee and tea making facilities and free wi fi.

Room Tip: I was at the front on the second floor and it also had a balcony overlooking the pub street area.Com...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo