“a Wonderful relaxed stay at a beautiful resort”

Navutu Dreams Resort & Wellness Retreat
Ranked #47 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For a wonderful relaxed stay at a beautiful resort for anyone who wants to get away from the masses, this is the place to go.

Transport from and to the airport by minivan and to the Temples with a Tuk Tuk that was included in the rate, everything was done without a glitch! Welcome drinks upon our initial arrival, fresh towels and a genuine smile waiting for you when you get back from a hot day out at the temples! The hotel is quite a way from the pub street and bar areas but the hotel do provide a tuk-tuk and it is only about 20min drive, the dirt road mentioned by other travelers are not a big deal AT ALL as it is only about 1-2km depending on the route and people tend to drive very cautiously. Try out the Il Forno restaurant, we just came back from Italy and found the food just as good or some of the dishes even better!

The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, so too are the bathrooms, no bathtub but spacious showers and storage space. The rooms do have Air-conditioner and overhead fan, these are needed as it was rather hot during our stay.

The swimming pools, two of them, are a treat as they are big enough but still kiddy friendly with a slope, wide enough for little ones to play around in. Lots of deck chairs and towels available at the pools.

The pool / bar menu has a good variety, so too the drinks. If I can criticize, food and drinks took ages to arrive, from 30min up to 45min although the food was well prepared and always of the best quality, worth the wait but that was our only negative experience during our 4day stay.

Massage facilities were tastefully done and the staff were very professional.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I had such a hard time trying to choose a hotel in Siem Reap. After reading the reviews for Navutu Dreams however, we were convinced this was the hotel for us and we were not disappointed! We arrived late at night and were picked up in an air-conditioned car and greeted with a welcome drink, cold towels, and a welcome gift. The next morning we woke up to beautiful surroundings and a delightful breakfast in the restaurant. Our tuk tuk driver was amazing and knew the best routes for seeing the temples. He even provided a cooler of cold water to keep us hydrated. Our room was stylish, clean and the bed was very comfortable which is hard to find in Asia. The turn down service each evening was great as the staff would replace any towels and water bottles that were used since the morning room cleaning. We stayed for 8 nights and never grew tired of the beautiful pools, fantastic food, friendly service and relaxing spa. We didn't mind the dirt road at all, it was actually nice to be so close to town but still feel like we could get away to a more relaxed feeling neighborhood during our down time. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxurious place to rest and relax in between viewing the temples of Siem Reap!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well positioned around the beautiful grounds and none are very far from the poo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveandJamieW
Reviewed 7 April 2013

There is much to like about this resort, and it is well represented by the website, which, in my opinion, gives a very accurate picture of what to expect and what not to expect. Overall it is very good value.

I travelled with my wife and three children (aged six, three and 19 months), staying in two adjoined Explorer rooms.

The rooms are a good size, with plenty clothes storage space in the rear bathroom/ dressing area. The air conditioning is good, however is only in the bedroom. There is no air conditioning in the large rear bathroom/ dressing area - there are small (1ft x 3ft) meshed windows 10ft up in the w/c and shower areas which provide no cooling effect at all, and a fan which only serves to circulate warm air.

The pools are lovely, set in the small garden setting of the resort. We spent a lot of time here with the children and it is very clean, and not busy at all.

The food is of a very high standard - I was very impressed by this. Breakfast is ok - not much variety, but good enough.

The provision of a tuk tuk for 12 hours per day (included in the room rate) is great for getting in to Siem Reap (10 minutes) and to Angkor Wat (30 minutes) and the other areas of the Archaeological Park.

Babysitting can be arranged for US$7 per hour.

The things that disappointed me, and in combination led me to downgrade this resort from 'excellent' were:
1. The driver was nowhere to be seen when we exited the airport at 10.30pm. It took a good 15 minutes for him to appear after me calling the resort to ask what was happening.
2. Having managed to cool the rooms on the first day, we returned to find the air conditioning off and the fans off, and the rooms roasting. I requested that these be left on or the rest of our stay. On a number of occasions thereafter either the fans were off or the airconditioning temperature setting increased. Frankly, this was unnecessary and extremely irritating.
3. The hot breakfast options are eggs and bacon or noodle soup. On the second day my daughter (who has an egg and dairy allergy) asked for more bacon (bear in mind my two other chidren were not eating that day because of illness). The waitress returned to say that the bacon was finished so she couldn't have more. I hadn't ordered by this stage, so asked why I wouldn't be able to order one of the only two hot options. Two minutes later she was back to say that yes they suddenly did have bacon, and yes my daughter could have more. This type of nonsense just lets the place down.
4. One evening the babysitter did not appear at the requested time of 8pm. When I called reception I was told they would call her. Ten minutes later, having heard nothing, I walked up to reception to find out what was going on, and got given a whole lot of excuses as to why the babysitter wasn't there, none of which made any sense to me. All I wanted to know was when she was going to arrive. She eventually arrived 40 minutes later, by which time I had had to change our dinner reservation.
5. One night we ate on the verandah. Given how small the resort is, and how visible our verandah was to the staff, I was surprised that nothing was cleared away until the following afternoon - hardly hygienic.

Getting some basic service issues fixed here would make a significant impact on the whole experience.

2  Thank lockey1979
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This quiet, compact hotel was a wonderful place to return to after a days temple spotting. The room was clean, comfortable and stylishly decorated - lovely shower. The layout of the resort with two pools surrounded by individual bungalows is wonderful it feels spacious and intimate at the same time. The service was excellent, including the tuk tuk drivers who were very helpful - always in the right place and on time.
For some people location could be an issue - the road to the resort was bumpy and dusty. Personally, I liked being away from the traffic and bustle and enjoyed the tuk tuk rides between the resort and town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JACteach7
Reviewed 3 April 2013

There is probably no need to repeat the other glowing reports for this resort. It's a place where all the staff know your name!
I'll only add that our tuk tuk driver Wan Na was obliging and nothing was too much trouble. If shopping or temple visiting they wait at the location until you are ready to come back. They have an official numbered vest so you find them easily. It's also good to learn their name as the other drivers all know each other and can direct you.
It is better to plan your day head and then inform the driver of times to pick you up from the hotel. Hotel staff are happy to call the driver for you 30min before you require him however mobile phone services in Siem Reap can be patchy so it is better to arrange times directly with the driver. I can not thank the staff enough for making our stay so relaxing.

Room Tip: Because of its boutique size all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindylou55
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Navutu Dreams in Siem Reap and I was very pleased with the overall experience. The resort is very nice with good rooms and a lovely intimate feeling to it, to me however the smiling, professional and very friendly staff was the best thing. These guys really did everything in their power to make our stay as pleasant as possible even after check out and always did so with a lovely smile on their faces...... really touching. The hotel is outside Siem Reap (a good thing if you ask me) but provide free tuk tuk service and once again the driver was ace, he really take great care of us providing friendly advice and doing his best to accomodate every wish.... a really great guy!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele P
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed 5 days in this amazing venue. It had been just perfect from welcoming till the far away. Room. Room was very stylish, clean, quite. Small restaurant is the middle area with two pool ( salty and fresh ). Food quality is definitely a huge plus, we just couldn't stop trying all different creations from the menu. Service was absolutely excellent with very friendly and helpful staff. There was not a single moment where we haven't felt relaxed and they looked for all special request by our demanding kids :-). Free tuk tuk driver was ready anytime when we wanted to go to city ( hotel is bit far from everywhere ). Hotel has an amazing spa too with various services. All price were reasonable, even the tours organized by hotel is in the same price as on the street, which is very unique.

I would definitely recommend this hotel anyone who visit Siem Reap with a fear that next time it's going to be difficult to book a room due to high demand.

2  Thank petervarga