“Eye for Detail”

Navutu Dreams Resort & Wellness Retreat
Ranked #44 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ok, yes its a bit out of town. So this is a resort to relax at.

Great restaurant, the service and staff are wonderful.
House keeping made the bed twice per day
The door key is not linked to the power, meaning you can charge ipods, etc if your out of the room and you can return to a cool room on a hot day....THANK YOU
3 great pools.
The rooms are lareg and well appointed.

Like any resort of this style expect to pay a bit more in the restaurant and for mini bar items than you would in town.

Overall, it was a briliant experience.

Room Tip: They all appear good - perhpas ask for a room at the rear of the property if you want a really quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at the resort twice now, once in the Explorer rooms and this second time around in the larger Grand Tour rooms. The first time I was doing the whole Angkor temple thing, the second time I just wanted somewhere I could go away and relax for a few days. I had a lovely time here on both occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the property is great with 3 pools (2 salt water and 1 chlorine pool, I think). The gym is basic but usable. You're close enough to town and Pub Street to be there in 10-15 mins by Tuk Tuk, which means you're also far enough away to avoid it completely if that is your thing.

The spa is great - I've had most of the massages over the 2 trips - and not expensive (most treatments are below USD30) and the restaurant is very good, with more than enough variety to keep you entertained if you decide not to leave very often. Oh, and the breakfasts are huge.

I'd recommend Navutu Dreams wholeheartedly .

Room Tip: There's a lot of construction going on in Siem Reap in general, so ask at the front desk if ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Matt A
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful, with an amazing swimming pool! Very relaxing, perfect as a hotel to return to and relax after exploring town and the temples.

The food is a little expensive, but very good.

It is out of town, but the hotel provides you with your own Tuk Tuk driver, which works extremely well. Our driver, Mr Li, was amazing!!!!! And our tour guide for angkor way, Sal, was also absolutely fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A lovely small resort which is compact and beautiful for a quiet getaway. Rooms and pools (there are 3!) are immaculately kept. My package came with 3 days with a private tuk tuk driver who was excellent ( Mr Choy) and took me everywhere ( with advice) where I wanted to go... At the best times.

Gym was basic and in need of repair but on a holiday- this is probably low on most people's list.

A great base to visit Siem Reap but also have a bit if heaven.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at navutu dreams for six nights! We were a group of nine people so required four rooms! We had three grand tour rooms, and two explorer rooms! From the moment we stepped on to the grounds if navutu we felt instant calm and serenity. The grounds and three pools are immaculate and well groomed. The central restaurant was excellent with great choice if pool or restaurants items! We all loved the chocolate pudding and ordered at least four over the group each day! Yum! I Waa on crutches due to an accident in thai land and the grounds and unit were easy to get around and would suit anyone who was immobile. The staff were concerned over my injury and inquired each day on my progress! The rooms were a delight! Very comfortable bed, Which can be hard to find in Asia! The bath was fun to fill and was almost like a small swimming pool!. The air conditioned was perfect to cool the main are, but as the sign on the bathroom door says. Keep the for shut to the bathroom to keep the main room cool! I loved the bathroom and the glass wall to a perfect garden! I could Have just looked at it all day! We loved out drivers and as we had three in total, we were like a small train leaving town each day ! All of the drivers were brilliant , and please give them a tip on leaving, even though they Are paid by the hotel ! We will certainly stay at navutu next year when we plan to return to Cambodia minus my sore foot!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently had an absolutely lovely stay at Navutu Dreams Resort in Siem Reap. Keeping in mind this still a developing country, the standard of the service and the accommodation was excellent. Three different pool areas are provided, which provides peace and relaxation for all visitors.
The rooms were large, airy and clean and the grounds were lush and beautifully maintained. Upon arriving, I realised I had the incorrect electric adapter, however the conducive and efficacious staff were able to provide me with an alternative for the duration of my stay. This is indicative of the warm, generous and faultless service that I received for my entire stay.
I predominately ate in the restaurant at Navutu Dreams, and the quality of the food was superior. I found the menu extensive enough for my tastes with enough variety provided for my 6 night stay. I will mention that I exclusively ate the Asian menu.
One small suggestion I could make is to provide more snack options for those moments of sitting around the pool or reading spot ( fruit platters, french fries, cheese platters, olives, nuts, cheese, etc) to compliment a drink and more poolside service would be appreciated, rather than having to walk up to the bar to order another drink - the merest suggestion from a staff member would likely have meant that I spent more! Please note - these are incidental suggestions that would not inhibit my return to this resort.
I participated in their yoga and meditation classes, which were conducted by excellent instructors (particularly Leah) and contributed to how well I felt during my stay. I also had several spa treatments, which I thoroughly enjoyed. They are more than reasonably priced, however, keep an eye out for specials that are offered daily and promoted in the restaurant during breakfast service.
The temples are the main tourist attraction for the area, and should not be missed. I also did a day trip up to Kulan Mountain - whilst enjoyable, I would not rush to do it again, although the opportunity to see the countryside and forests was invaluable.
At the end of my stay, there was an issue processing my credit card for payment through their merchant terminal. Although I was anxious, once again, the staff could not have been more helpful and went above and beyond what was reasonable to sort this small issue out for me.
Cambodia is yet to reach the same commercial and developmental stage as other popular tourist destinations in the area (Thailand, Bali). I enjoyed my holiday immensely and would gladly return and recommend the destination, and this elegant boutique resort to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank lover_of_beauty2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa for 6 nights in mid July.

I had read many reviews of the resort prior to our stay, indeed the numerous positive reviews were the reason we booked this particular resort.

I will start off with the positives: the staff here are fantastic; they are always smiling and very attentive. The resort also has lovely grounds which are well maintained and three great pools. Our room rate also included a tuk tuk for 12 hours a day. Our tuk tuk driver was fantastic and being free, this was a nice added extra.

Unfortunately, a number of small issues were encountered at the resort. Firstly, the powerpoint in the bathroom did not work. We therefore had to use an extension lead from the bedroom, all the way into the bathroom to use the hair dyer etc. Secondly, the ceiling in the bathroom leaked and left white stains on the floor. We also lost power twice as the light in the bathroom shortened due to the leaking ceiling. The biggest issue for us was the lack of hot water in the shower during the mornings. We had cold showers every morning - this was frustrating! We informed reception, but when they checked the hot water, it so happened to be during the night and alas, the water was then hot. Therefore they thought nothing was wrong. The air conditioner also made a lot of noise and seemed to struggle. Breakfast here was quick and easy, although there was absolutely no variety. Every morning the same options are provided, save for the fruit which changes slightly every morning.

As everyone else has mentioned, the resort is in the countryside down a dirt road with a million potholes. I am actually surprised the resort does not pay to maintain the road, considering it is mainly used by their guest. This was not really a problem for us, as we knew this prior to booking, but thought I would add the remark to my review for completeness.

Unfortunately, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank r4ryan
manfresr, General Manager at Navutu Dreams Resort & Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with our resort. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and sharing feedback regarding the experience at our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience. I have noted with concern your comments concerning the powerpoint not working in the bathroom and the leak in our ceiling. We had our engineer rectify it today and workers working on the leak this week.
I understood from my Rooms Division Manager after checking you had hot water, he also alerted Housekeeping to check the following days that there was hot water. We heat the water with solar energy and due to the heavy rains the week you stayed with us, it may have been an issue. We will check this to give a better service.

We did not receive any feedback about the air conditioner noise and if we did, we would have made an effort to fix this or move you to another room. Our guests are our number one priority at the property and if someone is dissatisfied with their experience, we work very hard to correct this immediately and in a timely fashion in order to turn their experience around.

Our breakfast is made with natural and fresh products, we buy and prepare them daily. We serve a breakfast platter with fresh fruit, a selection of mini croissants, pain au chocolat', pancakes, toasted bread with home made jam, Cambodian honey and home made yogurt. Guests can order a selection of eggs with bacon or vegetarian choice, wheat free muesli or cereal and an Asian breakfast of the day too. We change the Asian selection daily which varies from stir friend morning glory, khmer noodle soup with vegetables and chicken, khmer stir fried noodles or fried rice.

Your feedback has been taken up on a priority basis and action has been initiated. It is our constant endeavor to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please do accept our sincere apologies.

Warmest Regards,