“The best of the best”

Affinity Angkor - Private Tours
Ranked #60 of 831 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Pilu. I am a professional licensed tour guide. Having been working as a tour guide for many years, I have also been lucky enough to make friends from many different nations.Thank to my friends who refer me to their friends. However, I am not always available. Therefore, I have created Affinty Angkor to gather some of my good friends who are, well trained, educated professional licensed tour guides to work with me as a team. We hope to show you my country soon!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best of the best”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to Siem Reap several times and have used several different tour guides. Affinity Angkor is the best!! They help you plan your trip, they are flexible to change, they are very knowledgable ( I have repeated several sites and they expanded my knowledge ) they know the big picture but also the fun facts that make each site so interesting, and all guides speak excellent English. I laughed and learned so much with this group. They have taken me from the lakes to the waterfalls and from the top sites to the less visited at a reasonable price. I was impressed from the first email to the final goodbye!

Visited August 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best way to discover Angkor Wat! 3-Day Tour!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited Siem Reap at the end of July and since we only had three days to discover Angkor Wat, we decided to hire a tour guide. I had contacted Affinity Angkor based on their TripAdvisor reviews and got an immediate response from Montea with a few itinerary suggestions. All our questions were answered within hours and we finally decided for the following three-day tour:

First Day: Beng Melea + Kompong Pluk (Floating Village)+ Rolous group (Prash Kor, Bakong, Lo Lei)
Second Day: Banteay Srei + Banteay Samrea + Big loop
Third Day: Small loop tour ( Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm etc)

I highly recommend the above itinerary if you only have three days to discover Siem Reap. We have seen all major sites and did not feel we missed out on anything. I also recommend to follow the above itinerary, as it slowly builds up towards the "grand finale" on the last day. If you decide to see the Angkor Wat temples on the first day, all other sites become just another temple. This way, we were having one "wow" effect after another! We also did not feel rushed and had enough time at each site to do our own discoveries. We started our tours at 9.00 am and were back in our hotel by the latest 4.00 pm, giving us also plenty of time to enjoy Siem Reap, the Hotel facilities and the Spa.

Our tour guide Vichet was extremely friendly and helpful at all times. He was knowledgeable and answered all our questions. Vichet speaks English fluently. The amount of information was overwhelming at times and hard to keep up with dates, names, etc.. Make sure you buy a travel guide to read in between temples - it helped us big times clarify some of the facts.

We opted for an air-conditioned car for our tour, as the month of July tends to be hot and humid. We were quite happy to return to a cool car after visiting each site. The car was clean and in great conditions. Both, guide and driver, were always looking after our well-being - offering us water, fresh towels and umbrellas when needed.

I definitely recommend Affinity Angkor for your next Siem Riep trip!

P.S.: We arrived from Bangkok the first day early morning and left the third day late evening

Visited July 2014
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A great visit made EXCELLENT with Tour Guide Sareth ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first visit to Siem Reap and we didn't know what to expect. Montea at Affinity was very helpful and responsive and gave us a wide range of itineraries to choose from. She was quick in answering emails and made the planning process very easy.

But what made our trip special was our tour guide Sareth Nil. He met us at the hotel on time with a bright smile and a warm welcome. He is extremely knowledgeable about Khmer history and culture and really helped bring the Temples to life for us. He knew the best places for photos and how to avoid the crowds. Despite having taken so many tours here, Sareth never seemed bored and always made the temples interesting and exciting for us. Sareth speaks perfect English and he is very easy to get along with.

After the tour, he gave us good suggestions for restaurants, spa, shopping ... and importantly, the best coconut ice cream in Siem Reap!

Affinity was great at helping organise our tour - the car and driver that took us around was very good. But what made our trip special was Sareth and we highly recommend asking for him to take you around.

1 Thank Pilatesboy
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beyond Expectations!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've not engaged a tour guide in the past 10 years as I've always been able to manage free and easy on my own. Never quite like being tied down to an itinerary, having to rush between places, or having to accommodate strangers. But for the trip to Angkor, I knew a guide/tour was inevitable as I wasn't intended to do much homework. And am I glad I found the Affinity team, who made the end to end experience really awesome, and none of my worries mentioned existed.

Montea who helped with the reservations/queries over email was prompt and to the point - took me just a couple of emails over 2 days before my arrival and she had me all sorted. Gave me the flexibility of a start time, and itinerary, and it's a personal guide. Sopheara (the guide) and Mr Long (our driver) turned up at 8am on both days as expected. The car was extremely comfortable. Absolutely slick.

Sopheara was awesome in more ways than one. He broke the ice soon as we got onto the car, had an impressive command of English, was knowledgeable and seemed to have answers for just about every question thrown at him - be it Angkor/temple/religion related, or general knowledge, or about the economy, about the daily life of a Cambodian, etc. Also liked how he swiftly directed us to picture-perfect spots which saved us lots of time, and gave us incredible photo shots. And constantly initiating help to take pictures, so i didn't have to feel bad asking him!

For someone who has to repeat these visits/conversations 200-300 times a year, Sopheara is extremely patient and passionate, and has so much enthusiasm he's made our trip to Siem Reap extremely memorable.

A big thank you to Sphere and the Affinity team - the rates are reasonable, and the service top notch. Love the very personal experience. Thumbs up!

Visited August 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had 2 wonderful days seeing Siem Reap with Sareth. We were not familiar with this place and Sareth helped personalize the city with many stories and history lessons about the temples that had less to do with the sites as much as about the culture and nature of living in the city on a day to day basis. He also shared with us his shopping and dining experience in Siem Reap for our reference, and willingly show us the direction of the shops, restaurants and hangout place.
Highly recommended tour for everyone who visits Siam Reap.

Visited July 2014