Stayed as this hotel. First night we were placed in a room less than I had paid for. Apparently a miscommunication between expedia and sofitel. They upgraded us to a better room which was pleasing. My partner asked for as complimentary dinner to make up for the inconvenience. We were asked which restaurant so we requested the French and told a time of 7.30. When we arrived they hadn't booked us in. My partner became nervous so asked them to ring the assistant manager and confirm the complimentary dinner. He came over after we had already ordered and told us he didn't say it was complimentary but thought we were just asking for advice on a restaurant and what time would be good for us to eat. As if we need advice on what would be a good time for us to eat.
It was very embarrassing in front of the other diners so I just said don't worry I understand and will just pay for the meal which cost over $100. My girlfriend spoke to the assistant to the general manager the next day and also complained about the fact that we had the windows open and weren't warned about the bug spray that they would be spraying outside which wafted into the room. Also the fact that our toilet in both the rooms we were in were blocked. Apparently they are going to now look at implementing a warning to guests on Mondays that they will be spraying. After all the complaints he offered us a complimentary dinner in there other restaurant. And promised there would be no confusion this time. I was feeling very happy and grateful that they were making amends. Went to the dinner and felt more positive about the stay. As it has beautiful gardens and a nice atmosphere. The next day though when checking out I noticed we had been charged for the two pineapple juices that we had with our complimentary meal. It is for this single reason that I am writing my first ever review and making my first ever complaint about anywhere. It is beyond repulsive and petty that they would charge me for these two drinks at what was supposed to be a complimentary dinner to make up for the crap we had to put up with for a hotel that cost me over $500 for 3 nights. I am not wealthy and have never even stayed at a 5 star hotel. It was supposed to be a treat for my girlfriend on our first overseas adventure. I expected better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractions and the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five food & beverage outlets, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel