“The best hotel I've stayed at”

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
Ranked #26 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

As my title says, this was the very best hotel I ever stayed at. This is not only hotel, but an amazing resort. I was so impressed by the services it offers, but most importantly, it was the staff that WOW'd me. The staff knew us by name and seemed very sincere to make sure our visit was meeting our expectations. No matter where we were on the property a staff member would always greet is with a smile.

The food at the hotel was fantastic and prices inexpensive based on US pricing.

The resort had a tropical atmosphere. Lots public space both in and outside the hotel. I could of spent my entire day around the poor area. The hotel is located closest to the temple complex. About a 10 minute tuk tuk ride. However, it's slightly outside the city center of Siem Reap. You can get there by walking for about 25 minutes or a 10 minute tuk tuk ride.

I was so impressed by my experience that I wrote the General Manager a letter of praise.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FlyAaron
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

A BIG thank you again for taking the time to share your stay with us in Siem Reap. I did, indeed read your letter to all my head of departments when I received it and the letter was later posted on the internal bulletin board for all to see… and trust me, such kind message was received with a great deal of enthusiasm! Your perseverance of reviewing your stay and sharing this with other future travelers goes straight to my heart and motivates even more all the “Ambassadors” of the hotel. I could not agree more with you - this swimming pool is a little piece of paradise… I hope we will remain in your top hotel list for a long time and please do not hesitate to come and visit us again! Fabrice Ducry - General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at a Sofitel in Greece last year and were pleasantly surprised. We travel a lot, and have worked all over the world, so we have been fortunate enough to enjoy some first class hotels, especially with the Oberoi Group, the Hyatt group, and also places like the Lake Palace Hotel. After our first Sofitel experience, we decided to visit this one and we were not disappointed. From the time we walked in the door we were cosseted, and within ten minutes the duty manager Andrew came to introduce himself. Our room was simply delightful and well appointed with a lovely view of the garden and flamboyant trees. As it was a special anniversary holiday we were also given some good wine, flowers and even a cake too. The staff knew our names, and they quickly learnt what we wanted at the sumptuous breakfasts and by the third day they knew to bring us cranberry juice and capo chinos as we sat down! We ate in all the restaurants and we were served delicious food beautifully presented. At breakfast the chef made the best omelettes - damp in the middle and not too dry, and the homemade yoghurt were mouth watering. This hotel is well placed for Angkor Wat and situated in beautiful gardens. Rarely have we encountered such service. We have now joined the Accor Club card scheme and are to stay in the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi next.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake and garden.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reports

It is not only a pleasure for me, Andrew and the Team to read such feedback… I am sure that Trip Advisor readers or even Sofitel corporate office will wonder when reading your lines, if I did not bribe you to write all these nice things! :)... Jokes aside, I am delighted that our attention to details during your “Romantic” week-end did not go unnoticed… I am proud we can now count you as a faithful Sofitel Ambassador throughout the world :) I will certainly post your comment on our Service notice board so that all my “Ambassadors” can realize how every little details count to turn a Guest into a “Loyal Guest”. Our Executive Chefs Dominik and his culinary Team will be thrilled when reading that you have enjoyed his cooking. Please keep in touch on our Facebook or let us know if and when you plan to come back! Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We loved this hotel! Its setting was a garden paradise with a welcoming pool. The hospitality afforded us was impeccable. Breakfast buffet included all manner of food to satisfy a variety of tastes among guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your experience with us. Our Executive Chef Dominik, was particularly happy to hear that you had enjoyed his cooking! Should you be coming back to Siem Reap… there are many new specialties that the culinary team has prepared… We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again :) Fabrice Ducry - General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was an amazingly fantastic experience. After the hustle and bustle of Tokyo and Hanoi, the beauty and peaceful quiet was unbelievable. The gardens, walkways, and decor were perfectly in harmony with the country of Cambodia. Covered walkways, beautiful flowers and shrubs. Birds singing in the trees. The short walk from the main part of the hotel to our rooms was a great part of the beauty of the Country club. The food and restaurants were even better than deluxe. Entertainment every night by traditional dancers and singers. No place we have been in our trips around the world could compare with the service. We were treated like respected family members. Smiles and welcomes always. No request refused. Though some guests liked just a bit more than others. We did not use the golf course, but the pool area was very welcome, and the food and beverages fast and very good. Located just on the edge of the city, $2.00 will get you to the market area.

Room Tip: Try and get one facing the pond towards the main part of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Reading your comment has simply MADE MY DAY… and will certainly encourage numerous Ambassadors, who always appreciate to receive such positive feedbacks :) ! I appreciate the time you took to write a review and share your experience with other travelers, who wish to discover the beauties of Siem Reap. “Genuine” is I believe a word that characterizes perfectly Cambodians, and I am thrilled that you appreciated their company throughout your holidays. For sure, the tranquil atmosphere of the hotel can’t be compared to the ceaseless motorbike hooting in Vietnam or the vibrant modern youth in Tokyo… but these are the pleasures of travelling and discovering new cultures :) We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back the day you decide to step foot in Cambodia again. Fabrice Ducry – General Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Beautiful grounds and pool. The breakfast buffet was the best you could imagine, with huge selection of domestic and western dishes. Location is ideal for walking to shopping and other restaurants. Entertainment in the evenings was always available in one of the venues in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It is rewarding to read that not only you enjoyed the hotel but it’s facilities and I have to admit it’s tranquil lush gardens. It is true that the town has also a lot to offer alongside the temples and the hotel’s ideal location allows to opt for a tour of Angkor Wat or a shopping outing in one of the markets. We will be delighted to welcome you back should you decided to come back to Siem Reap :) Fabrice Ducry – General Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel gave us the feel of Cambodian hospitality, in this five star resort complex, in the heart of Siem Reap. Lush Gardens, very friendly staff, delightful pool and a beautiful garden setting.
We spent three nights there while visiting Angko Wat, before going on a Mekong Cruise with Pandaw. The Spa was also superior

Room Tip: If you can get a room, ground floor, with sliding doors right out to pool, that is the best. A morn...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Fabrice D, Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

In first instance, I wish to apologize for responding a bit late to your very encouraging and delightful message you left us in May. I am glad to read you could enjoy the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the hotel before continuing your cruise. I hope you went back home with unforgettable memories of your trip in this part of the world and that next time you come in Cambodia, you will come and visit us again :) Kind Regards – Benoit Metanomski, Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our three night stay here in early april very very much . The smell of lemongrass excites your senses as you arrive in the lobby. There is also live cambodian music playing as you check in to this great hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was delicious with lots of fresh fruit & pastries. The hotel staff was also very helpful in arranging our temple tours. Don't miss their shows featuring authentic cambodian dancers ! We would without a doubt stay here again !

1  Thank Floridians33596

It gives me great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us but most importantly that our attention to details did not go unnoticed… I am very happy that you appreciated the fragrance of our lobby and other areas of the hotel. We take great pride in the high levels of service that we offer at the hotel and comments as such are PRICELESS . Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you be coming back our way… Fabrice Ducry - General Manager