It's easy to like the place; it's airy and very attractive, with a beautiful spread for buffet breakfast and large well appointed rooms. Everyone is smiling and are always friendly. There is a difference though between actual service and just friendly faces paying lip service to the 'service' orientation they have. I asked about my points that I didn't see on their rewards account system multiple times. each time, very nicely the front desk staff say they will check and get back to me. Each time, they fail to do so. By the fourth time the 'service' is offered to me, I have it in mind to say Forget it, why even say you will if you don't? There is no follow-through. So, the next time that room service screwed up my order, I made it my duty to point out the error. I had to repeat several times, all the while the staff saying they understand and saying something else, which is not what I meant. 'so you order 2 extra toppings so there's extra $3 charge' (this is when someone called 30 minutes AFTER i had placed the order, to check on my toppings!); Me: 'No, the room service menu says each one is $1 extra.'; Staff: 'Yes, so $3 more'; Me: 'No, each one is a dollar. i have two extra, so $2'; Staff: 'Ok, peppers and onions. $3'; Me: 'No, $2"; Staff: 'Ok, thank you'... i wasn't so sure. Then, the food comes with the bill that says "1 scoop icecream. $2.50" Ugh.... It's not the 50 cents extra obviously, but... I made it a point to show the delivery guy the menu and explained. but after a while, i was tired and hungry.
The prices in the hotel restaurants are reasonable if you're comparing to the U.S. at most lunches about 15 to 20 USD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractions and the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five food & beverage outlets, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, ACCOR, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel