Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
US$60
US$49
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$133
US$130
  • Breakfast included
3,740 results
All reviewsswim up barbeautiful hoteltuk tukmain restaurantjunior suitebreakfast buffetan oasislarge poolthe general managergreat pooltour guidewelcome drinkafter a long dayphnom penhpub streetpascalaccor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Value for money, but swimming pool under repair. but over all were good. My family enjoy this trip. the location a little bit away from the crowd. we used tuk tuk to down town area (night market). Good service, but we must beware of mosquitoes around the garden ( many ).

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Fabrice D, Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your holiday in Siem Reap, and more especially appreciated the great location of the hotel. It is true it is pleasant to be at equidistance from the temples of Angkor Wat and the buzzing town… but however still have the possibility of enjoying the peacefulness of our 6-hectar gardens. In regards to mosquitoes, we spray on a weekly basis our gardens, but unfortunately can’t affirm to be “mosquito proof”, therefore, yes we still recommend to take your anti-mosquito with you! Looking forward to welcome you back one day in Siem Reap :) Benoit Metanomski, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here 3 nights before a Viking Cruise and the location was perfect for visits to the area temples and night time out. The buffet breakfast offers many options and the service is outstanding. Lunch and dinner menu is varied as well. Room and bath was spacious. Laundry was available for a bag price rather than by the piece.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank QueenBee0301
Fabrice D, Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Bonjour from Siem Reap Cambodia!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post those few lines about your recent stay at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that those 3 nights with us were wonderful and that you found the location perfect, the service outstanding; and last but not least enjoyed the quality of our culinary offer and the comfort of our rooms! I will pass on your compliments to our team, I am sure that everyone will be particularly excited to read your very nice comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to your home in Siem Reap! The Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra!

Yours sincerely,

Benoit Metanomski
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed in Cambodia for 5 days and while it wasn't initially my intent to stay at a 5-star resort (as I was going to probably go myself or with some of my similar-aged friends), I'm grateful I was given this opportunity to do so! My family opted to come to Cambodia as well, since they haven't before and my parents were looking for an outstanding, comfortable resort, so they turned to Sofitel. Nestled away from the main hustle and bustle of the busy streets of Siem Reap but close enough for a $2 tuk-tuk ride to get into main strips of the city, this place is a beautiful oasis and getaway for savvy travellers.

The rooms are great and the service was lovely. The staff were extremely friendly all around and greeted you with a sweet "Bonjour". I enjoy the fact that I walk into the lobby and am greeted by friendly staff and the LOVELY smell of lemongrass and a mix of other relaxing oils. I did try asking the Sofitel store if they made that essential oil for purchase but unfortunately, it's not a "scent" they smell. It would have been nice to get the recipe though.

The rooms have L'Occitane products available and I was really excited because that's my usual product of choice so it was great not having to bring my own such amenities. The floors of the rooms are polished and they do have the option for your room to be serviced twice daily.

I enjoy the concept of being environmentally conscious by turning off the A/C in the hallways and dimming the lights. I know someone complained about that aspect here but I love it because it created such a serene environment for you to walk through the hotel. The relaxing music was also great - reminded me of my hot-yoga studio back home :).

I also had a chance to go to the SoSpa for a couple of treatments and the first day, I had a coconut scrub & massage, which was fantastic because my masseuse, albeit a tiny person, had an incredible amount of strength. I was also able to do a duo massage & facial another day and it was fun but my masseuse was not as good as my first stay.

The restaurant that was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was the Citadel. The staff were friendly and knew us by room # by the 2nd and 3rd day. The breakfast was by far my favourite because of the wide variety of colourful, exotic fruits available. Lunches and dinners are also great.

The only thing I was a little disappointed with - like many reviewers seem to have commented on here - is the lack of advanced notice regarding the pool. As one of the main attractions of this resort, I feel that there should have been a phone call or e-mail sent out, as soon as they realized the pool had to be fixed. When we got there, the pool had been closed for about a week, which would have been ample time to have noticed the guests staying during my time frame ahead. While I appreciate that there were services that drove you to Le Meridien's pool, I still think the essence of advanced communication would have been better and I think that's what the other reviewers are looking for as well - honesty and informed consent.

That said, I don't think the fact that the pool was closed earns the hotel a terrible rating - hence why I'm going to be fair and give it four stars for its outstanding service, great food, friendly staff, and lovely ambiance!

2  Thank pawsdoc
Fabrice D, Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Bonjour from Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra!

What an inspiring feedback! I sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor, this is very much appreciated. We are very grateful for the kind words you have given us on your feedback. We are excited to read how much you enjoyed the comforts of your room, the wonderful breakfast, our L’Occitane amenities, the lovely smell in our lobby as well as the quality of our So SPA treatment and therapist!
Furthermore, we are humbled of how highly you valued the service from our team, our hotel Ambassadors! I will be delighted to share your comments with everyone here and you can be certain that it will give a ‘’Boost’’ of motivation to everyone 
I particularly appreciate and would like to highlight your support towards our environmental approach. Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort is willing and committed on a daily basis to protect the environment. We are conscious that environment is an important topic these days and we believe awareness needs to be raised from an early age. Actions to protect the environment, save energy and reduce waste are driven daily in the hotel and I am so glad you have noticed it and appreciated it!
Nonetheless I do regret to read your disappointment with the swimming pool closed and the lack of communication around it. I was under the impression that we had well communicated about it…but reading your comment, I understand that we could have done better and I thank you for mentioning it. However, I am delighted to let you know that now are swimming pool has re-open and is ready for you to jump in!
To conclude, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, indeed we take great pride in providing to all of our guests an unforgettable experience, and by the contents of your review we succeeded in doing so.
Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With my very best regards,

Benoit Metanomski
Operations Manager.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Staff were extremely friendly and always happy to serve you.

The hotel was beautiful and very quiet. When we asked for rooms with separate beds, we were immediately given different rooms without hesitation. There are umbrellas all around the hotel should you traverse an area where there is no cover from the elements.

Although the pool was broken, the hotel arranged transportation to an alternate pool. The gym facilities are very clean as well and stocked with towels, water, and even fruits.

Food at The Citadel was extremely good and staff were always welcoming. By the end of the stay, staff had already recognized us and remembered which rooms we stayed at. I definitely recommend the Khmer Duck Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, Spring Rolls, and the Pad Thai.

A small complaint was the discovery of ants in unwelcoming places. I was lying on my bed and discovered an ant that somehow found its way into the room. Ants also made appearances on restaurant plates. Otherwise, rooms and restaurant appeared to be clean.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inside of the complex have a much nicer view.
1  Thank KingsleyWong
Fabrice D, General Manager at Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Merci Beaucoup” as we would say in French! Indeed thank you very much for choosing our property for your recent visit in to Siem Reap but also for recommending us on TripAdvisor. A lot of people do not realize the importance of this online travel information tool, and though the quality of the product and service are on the rise, our ranking is today not as glamorous.
As I often write and post in my messages, (and it is very true), each of your comments do not only gain the interest of other TripAdvisor readers, but also work as a motivational tool for the Team to excel, stimulate that passion… and this time, our culinary team was pleased, as you can imagine to receive your feedback… From all of us… THANK YOU! And hope to see you back soon for more cultural discoveries! - Fabrice Ducry - General Manager