“Perfect way to experience Angkor”

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
Ranked #29 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hong Kong
“Perfect way to experience Angkor”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The Sofitel was a wonderful place to stay for all the temple visits and access to town. We came back every afternoon and enjoyed the gorgeous pool and pool bar after trekking the temples in the morning. Very easy to get to town in the tuk tuks. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jhelliot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at this piece of paradise in April 2010. A wonderful place to base your Angkor experience from. The room, service, cultural dinner/show, ambience, grounds and pools were superb. Possibly the best all round hotel we have stayed at - a big statement considering we have travelled extensively in Eurpoe, Asia and US. This hotel got it so right, so often. There is a 'British Raj' flavour about the place. Being greeted at breakfast by a energy cocktail shaking waiter says it all!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kfpswr
Vietnam
Reviewed 18 April 2010

went their with my parents and a friend,

Limousine airport pickup was great, we arrived one hour late with our plane and even the driver was very nice with us, offer us cold towels, drinks, pick up our luggage and put it into the van.
During our transfert the driver was very pleasant and talk to us about angkor wat... we arrived at the hotel and it was a big WAOW,,,

Welcome by a french lady, speaking french for my parents is a p[us as they do not understand english, they felt like home.... and everythink went smooth,,, we were so happy that we stayed to the hotel for the dinner.

We had the buffet with the Cambodian show, it was cool, food was ok, show was nice, service very friendly...

The day after we went to the temple at 6:30am so had breakfast at 6:00am... nice set up, good bakeries, and free smoothies brought to our table... what a starting day !!!

the Concierge gave us advice for 2 Tuk Tuk and he was RIGHT !!! no problem with these 2 guys, the price was settle at the beginning, nothing change and really good visit to the temples !

Came back for lunch, experienced the swimming pool !!!! again, it is a true paradise ! top service, not annoying staff but eye catching from them, swimming pool attendant really proffesional !

Check out !!!! the french lady was here again and my parents were so happy to meet her and to give there comments !!!

Congratulation Sofitel Slam reap !!!

Ohhh I forgot... the rooms are superb ! the hotel is very clean, only one small think no free internet !!!.... but will come back definitively and sure that will have free internet !!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank FranckGTH
Cambridge
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Our stay at the Sofitel Siem Reap was the best ever. The Hotel is just fantastic - set in wonderful grounds, with marvellous rooms, wonderful food, excellent facilities and very very helpful and nice staff, in short every thing and more you would expect from a 5 star hotel. We have travelled through out Asia and the fare east for many years but Siem Reap and the Sofitel Hotel will always stay in our memory. Thank you to every one at the Sofitel for a wonderful time. Wonderful Country and people.
Richard Hones Cambridge England.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I went to this hotel for an Angkor Wat tour. It has a perfect location, very friendly and helpful staff. They learned my name in the first day and they called me with my name. They were extremely polite. I travel every other month and I see plenty of hotels. This one was the best. I took a guide and private car thanks to hotel's concierge, they were perfect too. We made an outstanding Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap lake, Ta Phrom etc. tour. They have the same politeness and courtesy as any other staff of this hotel had.
The concierge also helped to shape the outline of my trip and gave good information about Cambodia prior to my arrival.
The restaurant was great, they served both local and western foods with a good harmony. The breakfast was one of the best.
At the last day of my tour, my plane was at 20.30 and the reception very kindly postponed my check out according to my departure time in a second with smiles. Instead of being out of the hotel at the mid-day, I spent my last day efficiently visiting Ta Phrom, and could take my shower and pack my luggage just before my plane.
Thank you for everything. You are perfect and just keep it like this. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a perfect Siem Reap holiday.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This is a high quality hotel, close to the town center and the temples. The pool area is excellent. Internet is available at relatively low cost. The rooms are well furnished and pleasant. The restaurants are expensive - you can get similar food to that provided at the buffet lunch for a tenth of the price downtown. The staff are generally helpful and friendly - but stopping the 6am alarm in the unoccupied room next door proved beyond their capabilities (until we provided additional assistance!)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simonjh
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 31 March 2010

What else to say ? Food (Breakfast, lunch dinner) is very good. Service is flawless. Rooms are nice and so clean. Every attention is brought to you (daily small gifts in your room..). The swimming pool is gorgeous. The park beautiful. The SPA (Showers, sauna and steaming rooms) remained at our disposal the last day as we left late in the afternoon. They provided us with lockers, towels, slippers, bathdresses... People are really nice. Nevertheless I think the beverages are overpriced at the pool.

• Stayed March 2010