1,878 results
All reviewselephant barcabana suiteapsara terracelandmark roomcolonial charmangkor watmain buildingmodern amenitieshuge poolbreakfast buffetphnom penhcold towelswonderful hoteltour guidetuk tukwelcome drinkan oasis
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Having worked in the travel industry for close to 25 years...I'm rather fussy. Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor exceeded all of my expectations! The staff were lovely and very accommodating. Our room overlooking the pool was well appointed and comfortable including a welcome letter from the General Manager! The buffet breakfast was one of the best I've experienced. The amazing temples are a short distance away and are easily accessed. Since we only had a day in Siem Reap prior to starting a cruise we decided to return early to spend the afternoon at the spectacular pool. Two nights was not enough!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you very much for sharing with us your heartwarming compliments. I am very pleased to know that you liked everything about our hotel and most of all I am very glad that we have exceeded your expectations. I hope you had a wonderful visit to Siem Reap and looking forward to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My second stay this past July. While I like the older building, staying with my sister this trip, we were given a villa, which was a lovely setting and I will try and comeback just to relax. The service was stepped up since my last trip at the pool. The poolman was a trainee but seemed to be a veteran as far as service and attentiveness. Having seen an Apsara dance before I wouldn't have gone except for my sister wanting to and I am glad I did. The food variety was excellent and dancing excellent. Just long enough to enjoy. Had a family with two boys in front sat throughout the dance and every member not gotten up and down to get. Food, it would have been nicer, but not hotel fault of course. The rooms were spotless and any problem was dealt with quickly. The bar a welcome evening respite after trekking during the day, the bar staff friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was nice as well, with Cambodian fare and excellent seafood. Actually the entire staff, restaurant manager to chefs, just great for all food venues.. A 100! Our butler nice and accommodating as well. Not enough time for more than one spa treatment but it was good too I'd stay there again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

A big thank you for staying with us again and for sharing wonderful and encouraging compliments which I will share to the whole Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor team. I am truly glad that you have enjoyed the food, the hotel and especially our service. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The first thing that strikes you as you come into Siem Reap from the airport is the number of new and very fancy hotels (at least from the outside). The area is expanding rapidly due to tourism. Raffles Hotel may not strike you as new and fancy as you pull up but you immediately get a sense of old time elegance. Once you walk through the door, you feel like you're home. The staff is amazing and, as indicated in many other reviews, actually DO know your name by the second day!

Teak wood is everywhere, with a gorgeous enclosed verandah overlooking a simply stunning pool area where you can sit with a drink, just enjoying the ambiance.

My room was just lovely, looking out to a garden (the hotel is surrounded by gardens) and a small balcony. I loved the old ceiling fans but very modern and plush rooms (LOVE the wood floors).

You'll really enjoy the FREE wifi throughout the hotel and a lovely breakfast in a very beautiful dining room. Take a look at the serving jugs, and such. Beautiful filigree silver and glass. Just another little touch that makes you feel as though Somerset Maugham might walk through the door any minute!

No detail is missed. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank papillon2020

Thank you very much for the great comments and most especially for appreciating the heritage and all the details of our hotel. I hope that your stay created wonderful memories of Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and Siem Reap. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed 6 nights and were sad to leave. We found the staff delightful, service excellent, breakfasts the best we've ever had and the pool gorgeous. Little touches like a chap cleaning our sunglasses by the pool and cold towels on entry to the hotel or the large screen iMacs available to all for photo editing, emails, etc, summed up the attention to detail and attitude of the management. Simply superb and we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rainas
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

A sincere thank you for your heartwarming compliments. It is great to hear that that you enjoyed our breakfast selections and thank you for appreciating every detail of our services. Your kind words serve as our reward.

Thank you very much and looking forward to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Spectacular attention to detail, even to the jackets for our water bottles. Nothing was ever any trouble. Exceptional facilities, epitome of everything you associate with the name Raffles. We felt like we were guests in someone's home. The old was amazing, the pool and pool bar beyond all expectations, even the shops in this hotel were unique and prices reasonable. The lemongrass essential oils burning in the corridor kept the entire hotel fresh smelling and relaxing

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

I am immensely grateful for your high praises about Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and, above all, for considering our hotel as a “home.” My team and I look forward to welcoming you soon.