1,881 results
All reviewselephant barcabana suiteapsara terracelandmark roomcolonial charmangkor watmain buildingmodern amenitieshuge poolbreakfast buffetphnom penhcold towelswonderful hoteltour guidetuk tukwelcome drinkan oasis
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Spent the weekend here. Very charming property with well appointed rooms. The service here is extremely good and the staff are so polite, it's embarrassing. The buffet breakfast is very modest for a 5 star hotel in terms of its selection and choice. Given the French influence I was hoping for a better selection of breads, cheese and pastries as a similarly rated property on the other side of the border ie Vietnam.
The pool is incredibly impressive both in terms of its size and the ambience. The hotel is about 2 km from the main "town". You may be better off asking for a room that overlooks the pool instead of the gardens. I find the prices at the spa very expensive especially when you can get quality treatment at the nearby Lemon grass spa.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

We really appreciate your great feedback especially regarding our service. We will take note of your suggestions in order to maintain and improve our services. We hope you had a wonderful stay and we’d love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Very efficiently run place with great, attentive, professional and friendly staff.
Once the renovation is done in two weeks in the main building it will be again a classy and charming place full of history and Cambodian hospitality!
Would recommend them to put some rugs in the hallways since without it the hallways tend to be very noisy and look a bit hospital bare like.

Room Tip: For the time being the annex building is without construction noise. If you have the money, book the villas! Awesome!! They promised me the renovation will be completed by end of August 2012.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for appreciating the heritage of the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor as well as the warm Cambodian hospitality emanating from all of us. Looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Having worked in the travel industry for close to 25 years...I'm rather fussy. Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor exceeded all of my expectations! The staff were lovely and very accommodating. Our room overlooking the pool was well appointed and comfortable including a welcome letter from the General Manager! The buffet breakfast was one of the best I've experienced. The amazing temples are a short distance away and are easily accessed. Since we only had a day in Siem Reap prior to starting a cruise we decided to return early to spend the afternoon at the spectacular pool. Two nights was not enough!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for sharing with us your heartwarming compliments. I am very pleased to know that you liked everything about our hotel and most of all I am very glad that we have exceeded your expectations. I hope you had a wonderful visit to Siem Reap and looking forward to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My second stay this past July. While I like the older building, staying with my sister this trip, we were given a villa, which was a lovely setting and I will try and comeback just to relax. The service was stepped up since my last trip at the pool. The poolman was a trainee but seemed to be a veteran as far as service and attentiveness. Having seen an Apsara dance before I wouldn't have gone except for my sister wanting to and I am glad I did. The food variety was excellent and dancing excellent. Just long enough to enjoy. Had a family with two boys in front sat throughout the dance and every member not gotten up and down to get. Food, it would have been nicer, but not hotel fault of course. The rooms were spotless and any problem was dealt with quickly. The bar a welcome evening respite after trekking during the day, the bar staff friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was nice as well, with Cambodian fare and excellent seafood. Actually the entire staff, restaurant manager to chefs, just great for all food venues.. A 100! Our butler nice and accommodating as well. Not enough time for more than one spa treatment but it was good too I'd stay there again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

A big thank you for staying with us again and for sharing wonderful and encouraging compliments which I will share to the whole Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor team. I am truly glad that you have enjoyed the food, the hotel and especially our service. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The first thing that strikes you as you come into Siem Reap from the airport is the number of new and very fancy hotels (at least from the outside). The area is expanding rapidly due to tourism. Raffles Hotel may not strike you as new and fancy as you pull up but you immediately get a sense of old time elegance. Once you walk through the door, you feel like you're home. The staff is amazing and, as indicated in many other reviews, actually DO know your name by the second day!

Teak wood is everywhere, with a gorgeous enclosed verandah overlooking a simply stunning pool area where you can sit with a drink, just enjoying the ambiance.

My room was just lovely, looking out to a garden (the hotel is surrounded by gardens) and a small balcony. I loved the old ceiling fans but very modern and plush rooms (LOVE the wood floors).

You'll really enjoy the FREE wifi throughout the hotel and a lovely breakfast in a very beautiful dining room. Take a look at the serving jugs, and such. Beautiful filigree silver and glass. Just another little touch that makes you feel as though Somerset Maugham might walk through the door any minute!

No detail is missed. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank papillon2020

Thank you very much for the great comments and most especially for appreciating the heritage and all the details of our hotel. I hope that your stay created wonderful memories of Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and Siem Reap. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards