Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
  • Restaurant
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
1,821 results
All reviewselephant barcabana suiteapsara terracelandmark roomcolonial charmangkor watmain buildingmodern amenitieshuge poolbreakfast buffetphnom penhcold towelswonderful hoteltour guidewelcome drinktuk tukan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very historic. Wonderful service in the most traditional sense. Not new but fresh everywhere. Huge pool. Try for room on top floor with view out the back. Antique cage elevator adds to the charm. The hotel was occupied by the Khymer Rouge and then by the Vietnamese troops that booted the Rouge. Raffles then agreed to manage after major refurbishment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cliffordok1
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

My team and I would like to extend our warm gratitude for your kind words. I hope you had a pleasurable retreat at the legendary Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor, and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to the wonderful and remarkable Siem Reap.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a few days at the end of a Vietnam/ Cambodia adventure. The hotel is charming, rooms wonderfully clean and peaceful, all staff are delightful, attentive without being overbearing, breakfasts are to die for and no effort was spared to provide extra goodies for our various food intolerances ! Restaurant staff are particularly attentive, polite and unbelievably helpful. Have recommended to all our friends and can't wait to stay again !

1  Thank 2possums
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

It is a pleasure to receive your heartwarming compliments and I am glad to know that your stay at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor had been a wonderful finale to your Vietnam-Cambodia adventure. Your kind words will be a source of inspiration and encouragement to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Me and my husband have traveled a lot in South East Asia and experienced stays in many five star hotels. We've had great experiences each time but rate this hotel the BEST in customer service. We have never felt so welcome and comfortable anywhere else. The entire staff from the doorman to lift man, room service staff to bar staff, pool staff and spa staff and even the piano man are the most warm and welcoming people we have met in a hotel. Not only are the staff hospitable but they are also extremely efficient at what they each do.

I cannot fault this hotel in anyway. The location is perfect – in the center of Siem Reap and a short and pleasant tuk tuk ride to pub street. Rooms are lovely and well maintained. We had booked the Landmark room but got upgraded to a suite without even requesting it. We were enjoying our welcome drinks when we were told about the upgrade. Our suite was located in the main building and overlooked the pool. Room and bathroom were lovely. They even provided beautifully scented bath salts which were promptly refilled when finished. Loved all the features of the building and hotel grounds especially the old style lift and artwork that adorns the walls and corners of the property.

Special thank you to the hotel staff who were present on the day of our check out. I was down with high fever. Out flight was in the late afternoon. The manager moved us to another room because our suite had to be prepared for other guests. They let me rest in the room for as long as I wanted. Even called a doctor who I must say was really good. His medicines were very effective. With the meds and the room to rest in, I was able to make my flight. When I was walking out, everyone seemed to know that I was unwell and wished me a speedy recovery.

Overall, we had a fantastic time in Siem Reap. It was hugely due to our stay at this hotel. It was lovely coming back to it after touring the temples. Kudos to the management for such a well-managed property and wonderful staff. Absolutely faultless!

Room Tip: Would recommend the suites if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

A warm appreciation for your wonderful review from the whole of our team at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. Thank you for appreciating every aspect of the hotel, most especially our service. Our team makes every effort to provide the best that we can and we thank you for appreciating even the smallest details. It is the compliment such as yours which continues to inspire our team and gives us more confidence to put our best foot forward.

Once again, thank you very much and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed at this location when visiting Angkor Wat. Nice well maintained older hotel with two very fine restaurants. There is also a HUGE swimming pool. Vey nice property - well located. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Martin G

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful compliments.
When visiting Siem Reap, it is, indeed, worth staying at the best address in town, at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.
I hope that you had an enjoyable, comfortable and memorable time in this historic hotel and in Siem Reap in general.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was booked here for a business meeting and decided spend a few relaxing days in Siem Reap to look around , and based on the Raffles name and their iconic hotel in Singapore, I expected the best.

On the business side, the conference room was Ok, but the air-conditioning left a little to be desired. The staff were fantastic and flexible to our ever changing schedule and needs, they just said yes and executed with a smile. In fact, the service they gave was the best I had ever seen for a business session in a hotel. There was always someone there we could ask help of, to find the next coffee, food, mints.... stress free meeting for an organiser.

Then came the holiday part. Great pool, great bars, piano player every night, the spa a little expensive but high quality, but again.... this hotel has some of the best staff I have come across not only in Asia, but the world. The room we had was in the old part, and there were a few times the hot and cold water played tricks, and the air conditioner adjustment not so great. Back to the staff.... the housekeeping staff again superb. Rooms made, refreshed a couple of times a day, turn down service.... yes... I know.... what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but these people are just so nice and friendly to go with it... just a joy, and collectively the best staff I have ever come across anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Get in the new Section of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your wonderful compliments especially with regards to our service. A world class service only comes from the dedication combined with the innate warm Cambodian hospitality that our team provides. I hope that you had a meaningful and wonderful visit to Cambodia as a whole. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.