“excellent staff, concierge, drivers and guides”

Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
Ranked #68 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney
“excellent staff, concierge, drivers and guides”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We had a suite in the old part of the hotel overlooking the pool which was very nice. We could not fault the staff who were excellent. Through the concierge we booked a 30 minute helicopter ride after checking in which was an excellent way to get oriented on both the temples and Tonle Sap. We hired a driver and guide from the hotel both days which was very efficient. The hotel food and cocktails by the pool were excellent but we really enjoyed the cocktails at Miss Wong off Pub Street. We were disappointed with FCC.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
It is wonderful to read your positive remarks about your stay in Siem Reap’s historical abode, the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I hope that you had a great stay in your suite located in our historical building and I hope that you had enjoyed the views, cuisine and all the interesting activities Siem Reap has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Christian Sack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed in The Grand hotel from 22nd to 25th March. The staff are friendly and polite, making us feel so welcomed.
When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted immediately and from the moment I walked in, I got a sense that this is a special hotel. Check-in was hassle-free --- in fact we just sat in the lounge having 'welcome drinks' while our check-in was made without us having to even get up from our seats! The rooms were amazing and the breakfast was super! I think we tried almost every food option in the buffet!
We also had "Dinner under the Stars" which was beautifully prepared.
We travel a lot and stayed in many hotels but I must say The Grand D'Angkor (and equally Le Royal in Phnom Penh --- where we stayed after Siem Reap) is probably one of THE BEST hotel that we have stayed in so far. It was not only the lovely accommodation, the ambiance, the colours but it was the whole attention to detail, and the friendliness and helpfulness of ALL the staff. We felt immediately comfortable there. No request was too big or too small. It was a true five-star experience for us.
To me, from the moment we stepped out of the arrivals hall in Siem Reap airport on the 22nd March, the excellent service from the Grand Hotel was obvious. We were picked up on time and driven to the hotel in a comfortable car, the driver (unfortunately I have forgotten his name) was the best! He remained our driver throughout our short stay - accompanying us to our tour visits and also on the return trip back to the airport on the 25th March -- he saved the day that day! On the day of departure, on the way to the airport to go to Phnom Penh, I left my iPhone in the backseat of the car and the driver was easily contacted and he reunited me with my phone in good time.
We will definitely return to stay in Grand D'Angkor.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you very much, once again, for sharing your wonderful experience on your stay with us. It is both pleasant and rewarding to receive your compliments and to know that we had help create a magnificent and inspiring experience for you as well as for you on your trip to Cambodia.

From our teams at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor and at the Raffles Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future or in any one of the Raffles’ destinations in the world.

Sydney
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

An old hotel in great shape. Just to wander around the hotel is a delight. And what a great lift probably from the 1920's.
When you first arrive the staff greet you very warmly. And that continued for every time you entered the hotel. Surprisingly the doorman always greeted me by name.
Service was exceptional - as good as it gets.
I cannot imaging anyone not wanting to stay at Raffles when visiting Siem Reap.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
It is a pleasure to know that your stay at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor had been a delightful experience of the past. I am glad to know about your fascination about our wrought-iron lift and I hope that you had taken a ride in it to complete your experience.

Looking forward to your return in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a great place. From the moment I walked in, and registered, i was called by name by many of the staff. I had a great room on the third floor of the original building, and loved its size, its style, and its comfort. If you like tradition and quiet classiness, you will love this place.
I had looked at a couple of other options in Siem Reap, but settled on this property. I am so glad I did. The food, the service, but particularly the staff were outstanding.

Room Tip: Choose to be in the main original building. Very lovely
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience in this historic hotel. I am pleased that you appreciate the serenity and the elegance of the old world of the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor as well as our gastronomic treats of the Royal Cambodian cuisine.

It would definitely be a pleasure to have you back here with us again on a longer holiday.

Once again, thank you very much from our team at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I felt I would like to balance previous reviewers,this hotel certainly has charm if somewhat jaded.
The bathroom has a curtain shower over the bath, which in a 5 star is avoidable.
The bedrooms have high ceilings and old furniture (some may say antique),if You like all mod cons
I would perhaps look elsewhere.There is an air of having seen better days, plus the citronella candles which permeate the corridors can take your breath away.
Service was excellent ,breakfast was also very good, quite a few aussies in the hotel.
If you long for the old empire this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: they call rooms garden view, this actually means overlooking the road and public gardens
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RafflesSiemReap, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. The Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor is, indeed, known for its impeccable presentation of the old world luxury coupled with excellent service as you have mentioned. I understand that some people would trade in experience and flair with modernity, however, I believe that our hotel provides the right amount of modernity for a historic hotel with utmost attention towards providing comfort and an overall fulfilling experience for our guests.

Thank you very much once again.

Herstmonceux, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Currently staying at this marvellous hotel. Arrived a couple of days ago having spent 3 nights at Raffles Singapore. The rooms , amenities etc are all excellent. However the thing that will amaze you about this hotel is the brilliant staff ,. Chris , the manager, and every member of staff simply cannot do enough to ensure you have a memorable stay.
My wife & I have been fortunate to have travelled to many countries and have stayed in some great hotels - I have never felt compelled to write a review before but felt we should share our thoughts on this hotel . Highly recommend a stay here !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your compliments to my team which I have passed on, most especially to Mr. Ploak Sarmeith “Chris,” our Assistant Front Office Manager.

I am glad that you are a having a marvelous time with us and I hope that it will be coupled with nothing but great memories to reminisce it with.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again here in Siem Reap or in any of our equally interesting and wonderful destinations in the world.

Once again, thank you very much.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband, daughter and I spent two nights at the Raffles Hotel. It is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in both in terms of a beautiful environment and attentive service. After the chaos of downtown Siem Reap and the temples, the pool was an oasis of peace and serenity. We had a wonderful English speaking guide with a car and driver to tour Angkor Wat and the other temples and the floating villages. We loved Cambodia and hope to return here. We will definitely stay at the Raffles Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynda R
I am glad that you had found serenity amid the bustle of Siem Reap at the historic Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor, and thank you very much for appreciating the French-colonial charms as well the manicured grounds surrounding this legendary hotel. Most of all, it is a pleasure to receive your compliments on our service and I hope that, overall, you and your family’s stay with us had been a memorable one.

We look forward to your return in the future.

Thank you very much once again.